Wii U could take off with Cross-compatibility with Pokemon X and Y.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Pet-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Pet-Panda
Member since 2013 • 47 Posts
Pokemon X and Y are coming out soon, and while I am not sure that it will be as big of a hit as previous entries it will hit hard irregardless. With that said they should make a Pokemon XD, less linear however, 3Dish game along with it. Not developed by Gamefreak though, but have it so that the 3DS pokemon X and Y, and this console pokemon game can bring in tons of new features by connecting. Maybe even have the same trade system where you can put up a trade on the 3DS or Wii U pokemon game, and can gain that trade through the other system as well. That way console pokemon and handheld pokemon will take off and the Wii U will bcome a thunder storm that a steel pole could not reverse. That powerful. At the moment the Wii U still needs a killer app, that could be it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Considering that the new Pokemon game looks like garbage on the 3DS I don't know how good of an idea it is to tie anything to it.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

I would love a great Pokemon game for WiiU, but don't care for interconnectivity with 3DS if the visuals have to be dumbed down to 3DS level. WiiU needs to show off something to wow people, atm it hasn't really done that.:P

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Yea I like my wiiu but I haven't seen anything that couldn't be done on 360 or ps3 graphically. They need to make a Pokemon that looks like the fan made unreal engine pics that are popping up
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
WiiU needs Monster Rancher not Pokemon. Keep Pokemon on Handhelds (Except spinoffs).
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

someone in system wars had an idea of using figures like the skylanders franchise... the wiiU gamepad would be perfect for something like that... a pokemon spinoff game..

janetboye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 janetboye
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
good info,need to make a Pokemon that looks like the fan made unreal engine pics that are popping up.thanks
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

someone in system wars had an idea of using figures like the skylanders franchise... the wiiU gamepad would be perfect for something like that... a pokemon spinoff game..

KBFloYd

Can the gamepad "read" stuff like that..?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

WreckEm711

Apparently that's what the little rectangle below the D-pad is for.

EDIT: It's called a NFC (near field communication) reader.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

ANIMEguy10034

Apparently that's what the little rectangle below the D-pad is for.

Cool! Nintendo has to have some kind of plan for that if they integrated it into the controller.. hmm..

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Sorry, but the longer Nintendo waits before putting out a real Pokemon for Wii U the more I think they are idiots. I have a Wii U and enjoy me some Pokemon, but this is ridiculous. There is like a thousand pokemon handheld games and yet not one single REAL pokemon game for consoles? How is this even possible!?! Who in their right mind looks at a multimillion dollar series and says "no, we don't want that on our consoles".

The Wii U is the perfect place to have a real Pokemon game. The Wii U controller is a natural pokedex. And yet they announce two more handheld pokemon games that look terrible.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Considering that the new Pokemon game looks like garbage on the 3DS I don't know how good of an idea it is to tie anything to it.Jaysonguy
because grafics are the only qualifier of a game being good right? :roll:

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Considering that the new Pokemon game looks like garbage on the 3DS I don't know how good of an idea it is to tie anything to it.Shinobishyguy

1. You spelled it wrong, if you're going to use that face make sure your post is correct.

2. That's the main change, I would think you would have researched that before you posted (then again I would think you use a spell checker too but we see how that went)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy

KBFloYd

Wait, what?

How would the gamepad be perfect for that if..

1. It can't read anything like that

2. If it could you wouldn't be able to play the game since it would have to be down somewhere

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Considering that the new Pokemon game looks like garbage on the 3DS I don't know how good of an idea it is to tie anything to it.Jaysonguy

1. You spelled it wrong, if you're going to use that face make sure your post is correct.2. That's the main change, I would think you would have researched that before you posted (then again I would think you use a spell checker too but we see how that went)

the main change everyone is excited about is that it's finally in 3d and all of the pokemon are fully animated. Hell they even run up to eachother and make contact when they use physical attacks :|

as far as the graphical quality
1. It's a f*cking handheld game
2. Pokemon games have never been known for being technical showcases. The fact that the battles look as good as they do is surprising enough.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]because grafics are the only qualifier of a game being good right? :roll:Shinobishyguy

1. You spelled it wrong, if you're going to use that face make sure your post is correct.2. That's the main change, I would think you would have researched that before you posted (then again I would think you use a spell checker too but we see how that went)

the main change everyone is excited about is that it's finally in 3d and all of the pokemon are fully animated. Hell they even run up to eachother and make contact when they use physical attacks :|

as far as the graphical quality
1. It's a f*cking handheld game
2. Pokemon games have never been known for being technical showcases. The fact that the battles look as good as they do is surprising enough.

Monster Rancher has been running up to and smacking each other for probably a decade now. Just thought I'd add that little tidbit of info. Now back to what I was saying, Monster Rancher would be a great fit on WiiU. Pokemon Spinoffsshould be on WiiU but not a real RPG Pokemon. Maybe a pokemon like Mystery Dungeon could work on WiiU though
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Pokemon = Pocket Monsters It's not hard to understand at all.

The series was built around concepts that worked best with portable gaming. Granted, the technical evolutions that have come over the years with portable systems have in ways closed some of the gaps that would have hurt the series' transition to ever being a viable console game, but the core philosophy behind the series hasn't changed and also continues to be built around the advantages of portable systems.

Could a Pokemon game help the Wii U? More than likely. However, even though the GamePad has limited means of being portable, it's far from being able to re-create the Pokemon experience that has defined the series. Anything less than that would be a waste of time and resources, so it's best that the series just continue to try to make progress on the portable systems for now.

As for Jaysonguy's points about X and Y's visual, I kind of agree with him. I won't go as far as the graphics "garbage," but what I saw didn't exactly make me feel like it was the best direction and actually made me want to see the 2D sprites at times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5dd711115e664

Pokemon = Pocket Monsters It's not hard to understand at all.

The series was built around concepts that worked best with portable gaming. Granted, the technical evolutions that have come over the years with portable systems have in ways closed some of the gaps that would have hurt the series' transition to ever being a viable console game, but the core philosophy behind the series hasn't changed and also continues to be built around the advantages of portable systems.

Could a Pokemon game help the Wii U? More than likely. However, even though the GamePad has limited means of being portable, it's far from being able to re-create the Pokemon experience that has defined the series. Anything less than that would be a waste of time and resources, so it's best that the series just continue to try to make progress on the portable systems for now.

As for Jaysonguy's points about X and Y's visual, I kind of agree with him. I won't go as far as the graphics "garbage," but what I saw didn't exactly make me feel like it was the best direction and actually made me want to see the 2D sprites at times.

Madmangamer364

I disagree completely. Yes, the series may have started around concepts that worked best with portable gaming, but now with online gaming being pretty much standard, friends lists/codes, and of course the Wii U pad, there is absolutely no reason they can't put a Pokemon game on consoles. Portability has nothing to do with the concept and nothing to do with the design of the game other than maybe the need to trade certain characters to get evolutions. The only other aspect is the way they alway sput out two versions with different rares. Again, something that could easily be done on consoles with online.

I would further add that my very first exposure to Pokemon was actually via an emulator on PC and I actually really enjoyed the game despite being unable to "collect them all". Frankly, the whole idea of "collect them all' in my opinion is the worst aspect of the series since it is a huge pain and there are only a handful of pokemon that are useful in battle anyway. My feelings continued when I did buy a handheld version for Gameboy Advance (Ruby) where I loved the game but couldn't be bothered at all to collect them all.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

Jaysonguy

Wait, what?

How would the gamepad be perfect for that if..

1. It can't read anything like that

2. If it could you wouldn't be able to play the game since it would have to be down somewhere

ubisoft got it working with rayman legends but then decided not to use it.

source

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Madmangamer364

I disagree completely. Yes, the series may have started around concepts that worked best with portable gaming, but now with online gaming being pretty much standard, friends lists/codes, and of course the Wii U pad, there is absolutely no reason they can't put a Pokemon game on consoles. Portability has nothing to do with the concept and nothing to do with the design of the game other than maybe the need to trade certain characters to get evolutions. The only other aspect is the way they alway sput out two versions with different rares. Again, something that could easily be done on consoles with online.

I would further add that my very first exposure to Pokemon was actually via an emulator on PC and I actually really enjoyed the game despite being unable to "collect them all". Frankly, the whole idea of "collect them all' in my opinion is the worst aspect of the series since it is a huge pain and there are only a handful of pokemon that are useful in battle anyway. My feelings continued when I did buy a handheld version for Gameboy Advance (Ruby) where I loved the game but couldn't be bothered at all to collect them all.

ZIMdoom

Figures that someone would bring up online gaming as the counterpoint. All too predictable, really, which is why I mentioned the whole technical evolution of portables in my last comment. As someone that has played the series from the very first games, including using the online features of the DS games, I know that the series' progression over the years is not as cut-and-dry as the inclusion of online featues. Online gaming simply can't reproduce the social appeal of the series. It's a bonus for when you're unable to meet up with people in real life, but trading and battling online isn't the same, not to mention all of the other features and minigames that have been created over the years that have been made over the years to enhance the local multiplayer experience beyond trading and battling.

There's also the advantage of accessibility and simplicity that portables have always had over consoles that enables the series to flourish. Even when you had to have a link cable to engage in multiplayer sessions, it was still easier and more enjoyable to engage with friends and family than anything you could think of with a console, including at times, online gaming. Even if you don't care for the "Catch 'em all" part of the series and believe that only "a handful of Pokemon" are useful in battle (which is a statement that is subject for debate, I might add), that's not all what Pokemon is about. The series has always encouraged players to take the game with them and meet up with people, much like having trading cards, while eliminating as many hurdles as possible to the 'pick up and play' nature of gaming that wouldn't be as avoidable with the increasingly complex design of consoles.

There's little doubt that Pokemon would still be enjoyable on a console, but it certainly wouldn't have the same social potential, nor would it be able to replicate all of the more subtle charms that has made the series so appealing to so many people. I think GameFreak knows this, which is why Nintendo's portables have always been the home for the main installments. It's just a more effective way to reach out to a broader group of people and have them engage with one another in a meaningful way. Visuals aside, there's absolutely nothing the Wii U can bring to the table that would actually make Pokemon better at this point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5dd711115e664

Figures that someone would bring up online gaming as the counterpoint. All too predictable, really, which is why I mentioned the whole technical evolution of portables in my last comment. As someone that has played the series from the very first games, including using the online features of the DS games, I know that the series' progression over the years is not as cut-and-dry as the inclusion of online featues. Online gaming simply can't reproduce the social appeal of the series. It's a bonus for when you're unable to meet up with people in real life, but trading and battling online isn't the same, not to mention all of the other features and minigames that have been created over the years that have been made over the years to enhance the local multiplayer experience beyond trading and battling.

There's also the advantage of accessibility and simplicity that portables have always had over consoles that enables the series to flourish. Even when you had to have a link cable to engage in multiplayer sessions, it was still easier and more enjoyable to engage with friends and family than anything you could think of with a console, including at times, online gaming. Even if you don't care for the "Catch 'em all" part of the series and believe that only "a handful of Pokemon" are useful in battle (which is a statement that is subject for debate, I might add), that's not all what Pokemon is about. The series has always encouraged players to take the game with them and meet up with people, much like having trading cards, while eliminating as many hurdles as possible to the 'pick up and play' nature of gaming that wouldn't be as avoidable with the increasingly complex design of consoles.

There's little doubt that Pokemon would still be enjoyable on a console, but it certainly wouldn't have the same social potential, nor would it be able to replicate all of the more subtle charms that has made the series so appealing to so many people. I think GameFreak knows this, which is why Nintendo's portables have always been the home for the main installments. It's just a more effective way to reach out to a broader group of people and have them engage with one another in a meaningful way. Visuals aside, there's absolutely nothing the Wii U can bring to the table that would actually make Pokemon better at this point.

Madmangamer364

I still have to disagree. Making a REAL pokemon game for the Wii U is a license to print money. While I disagree that such a move would lose the "social aspect" I also have only played 2 of the titles and couldn't care less about the social aspect of it. So that's me.

I would also point out that while I absolutely believe the series would work just fine on the Wii U and be massively successful (certainly moreso than the spin-off crap they usually put out for consoles), I actually think that a "real" pokemon game could implement new tweaks/features that better take advantage of the Wii U and online features. I'm not saying it has to be identical and just a better graphics port. I'm saying take the collectible RPG concept, put it on Wii U with better graphics and animations. Use the Wii U pad as a drastically more detailed pokedex.

There is absolutely no reason, in my mind, that there couldn't be a real pokemon game for Wii U. There certainly isn't any reason they couldn't make a major innovation that would take advantage of the graphical and gamepad capabilities to bring the hugely popular Pokemon series into the future. And I blame nintendo because I think if Nintendo wanted it, it would have been done long ago.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I'm sure there's going to be a Pokemon Stadium game out. Chances are I wouldn't buy it anyway, but let's just hope it's better than PBR.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANIMEguy10034

I'm sure there's going to be a Pokemon Stadium game out. Chances are I wouldn't buy it anyway, but let's just hope it's better than PBR.

nintendofreak_2
Wouldn't XY defeat the purpose of a stadium game? 3D battles and stuff...
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

ANIMEguy10034

Wouldn't XY defeat the purpose of a stadium game? 3D battles and stuff...

If they included interesting battle modes and made them available online I think there would still be a place for such a game. And it could still look a lot better in Glorious HD. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ANIMEguy10034

If they included interesting battle modes and made them available online I think there would still be a place for such a game. And it could still look a lot better in Glorious HD. :PPixel-Perfect
Hmm... I would buy such a game if they bring back minigames, environment damage which were planned to be in PBR, and enough content to justify its price.

*glares at the final version of PBR with disgust*

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
The 3DS game looks great and I bet Nintendo already plans to link the two in some way.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Madmangamer364

I still have to disagree. Making a REAL pokemon game for the Wii U is a license to print money. While I disagree that such a move would lose the "social aspect" I also have only played 2 of the titles and couldn't care less about the social aspect of it. So that's me.

I would also point out that while I absolutely believe the series would work just fine on the Wii U and be massively successful (certainly moreso than the spin-off crap they usually put out for consoles), I actually think that a "real" pokemon game could implement new tweaks/features that better take advantage of the Wii U and online features. I'm not saying it has to be identical and just a better graphics port. I'm saying take the collectible RPG concept, put it on Wii U with better graphics and animations. Use the Wii U pad as a drastically more detailed pokedex.

There is absolutely no reason, in my mind, that there couldn't be a real pokemon game for Wii U. There certainly isn't any reason they couldn't make a major innovation that would take advantage of the graphical and gamepad capabilities to bring the hugely popular Pokemon series into the future. And I blame nintendo because I think if Nintendo wanted it, it would have been done long ago.

ZIMdoom

The series can't do any better than what it has done on the portables, though. Not only would making Pokemon for the Wii U not improve its chances of expanding the audience, it would also be much more costly and strip the series of its portability appeal and all that comes with it. Not to mention that before the Wii U can even think about a main installment of a Pokemon game, it first has to prove itself as a system with significant mass appeal. If we were talking about the original Wii, your argument would be stronger, but as of right now, I'm not sure just how far the Wii U could carry the series. Before it can print money with Pokemon, the system has to first be able to print money at all. :P

If your 'pros' for a Wii U Pokemon are about visuals and 'possibilities' (frankly, I don't see anything the Wii U gamepad can do that the 3DS couldn't for Pokemon), it just doesn't measure up to the cons of a smaller user base, a more expensive game to develop and purchase, and the likelyhood of the social ability and accessibility that has helped to define the series taking a step backwards. Sure, Nintendo CAN do it, but as we speak, there's really no reason to.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

I wonder whether cross-compatibility will be successful if there is a console Pokemon game connected with Pokemon X and Y. The main Pokemon games tend to be the most successful in the franchise while the handheld/console spin-offs are the least successful.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nintendofreak_2

Wouldn't XY defeat the purpose of a stadium game? 3D battles and stuff...ANIMEguy10034
Yeah but they're cheap cash grabs by Nintendo and being able to see HD battles would be nice. Plus the N64 games had some pretty awesome mingames and interesting tournament options. And rentals (with customization options) could be an awesome addition to make it stand out from the handheld counterparts.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Pokemon with an Elder Scrolls sized world where I can actually see wild Pokemon. A world to truly explore. Am I really asking for too much?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jaysonguy

Pokemon with an Elder Scrolls sized world where I can actually see wild Pokemon. A world to truly explore. Am I really asking for too much?

sonic_spark

Yes, you're asking for something that's not Pokemon

You either want this because....

1. You don't know what Pokemon is so you're confused on what happens in it

or

2. You want the series to fail by releasing a game on the console that kills it

Either way it's not good.

You might as well have added "I want every region in the game too" either not knowing that would break the game or wanting to break it.

Either way, bad.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

Jaysonguy

Yes, you're asking for something that's not Pokemon

You either want this because....

1. You don't know what Pokemon is so you're confused on what happens in it

or

2. You want the series to fail by releasing a game on the console that kills it

Either way it's not good.

You might as well have added "I want every region in the game too" either not knowing that would break the game or wanting to break it.

Either way, bad.

I'll bite.

I'm well aware of how Pokemon works, plays and is all about. I think the idea of this huge open world where future Pokemon masters could go explore is something the series would HAVE TO DO if it were to come to the home console. We've been down the road of Pokemon Stadium, and it wasn't great..to the say the least.

From a gameplay perspective I thought it would be great to actually see the Pokemon (ala Monster Hunter) then to have random battles where you see nothing, considering the fact that if it were to come to consoles, that would be something that would work - and, brace yourself, make sense.

As for the game coming to a home console. Why are you adminant that the game would not succeed on a home console? If it were done right it would work. Sure, Pokemon is rooted in all that is handheld. But, the simple fact is that a lot of fans have been clamoring for a Pokemon console iteration that brought the Pokemon world in glorious "3D" on a console. Integrate some 3DS/WiiU connectivity... and we got a hit on our hands.

Now, with Pokemon X/Y we're getting the first glimpse of what it would be like in 3D. However, I'm well aware of where you stand on that.

Just for kicks, if I had it my way I'd have the Kanto region. I was an avid Pokemon Blue/Red player and I prefer generation 1 to all other generations.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Madmangamer364

As for the game coming to a home console. Why are you adminant that the game would not succeed on a home console? If it were done right it would work. Sure, Pokemon is rooted in all that is handheld. But, the simple fact is that a lot of fans have been clamoring for a Pokemon console iteration that brought the Pokemon world in glorious "3D" on a console. Integrate some 3DS/WiiU connectivity... and we got a hit on our hands.

Now, with Pokemon X/Y we're getting the first glimpse of what it would be like in 3D. However, I'm well aware of where you stand on that.

Just for kicks, if I had it my way I'd have the Kanto region. I was an avid Pokemon Blue/Red player and I prefer generation 1 to all other generations.

sonic_spark

I just find it a little odd that people have seemed to forgotten about the two GCN Pokemon adventures, Colosseum and XD. Granted, even the main games have treated those two games like the stepchildren of the series, but they DID exist as 3D Pokemon games with connectivity, even if some core mechanics had questionable design. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Also, Hoenn ftw! :P

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

Madmangamer364

I just find it a little odd that people have seemed to forgotten about the two GCN Pokemon adventures, Colosseum and XD. Granted, even the main games have treated those two games like the stepchildren of the series, but they DID exist as 3D Pokemon games with connectivity, even if some core mechanics had questionable design. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Also, Hoenn ftw! :P

So many miss opportunity with those 2 Pokemon games on GameCube. :(

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Madmangamer364

So many miss opportunity with those 2 Pokemon games on GameCube. :(

superbuuman

Colosseum and XD weren't bad games, though. It's not hard to argue that the Snag mechanic simply didn't offer the same depth or freedom as the more traditional way of catching Pokemon, but it worked within the games' nature. The games' biggest downfalls were probably the fact that the world of Orre simply didn't open itself enough to players and that the game just didn't have the same experience once you cleared the story. While I'm sure those things could be improved on in a console Pokemon, I just don't know if they could ever get to the point as they've been with the recent Pokemon adventues on DS. Even if Gamefreak was to make a Unova-like world with a console Pokemon, the differences in nature between portable and console games would still bring about some challenges and even compromises along the way.

That's why you have to bring up the question of why Gamefreak should even bother using more time and resources to make a Wii U Pokemon adventure when it's still going to be lacking compared to what they can offer on the DS/3DS? That's no knock on the idea itself, but it's a very telling reality of what it is that's being asked for here.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
They could yes.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Miiverse is almost a guarantee that Pokemon for wiiu will be heavy in social features. I also see compatibility with the 3ds being very high, in some form.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
WiiU needs Monster Rancher not Pokemon. Keep Pokemon on Handhelds (Except spinoffs).nini200
I'm with you on this one. A Monster Ranchers for Wii U would be amazing.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
When has cross compatibility with a handheld ever been a successful feature for a Nintendo console? Let's let this gimmick die.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

Pokemon Open World RPG / Pokemon Stadium 3 / Pokemon Snap 2

I would like to see any of these.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nintendofreak_2

When has cross compatibility with a handheld ever been a successful feature for a Nintendo console? Let's let this gimmick die. meetroid8
When has it ever been handled well?

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Considering that the new Pokemon game looks like garbage on the 3DS I don't know how good of an idea it is to tie anything to it.

Jaysonguy

Why the F*** are you always so pessimistic and negative?? Seriously, I don't think I have ever seen anything positive come from your posts. Frick man lighten up for once its freaking depressing. >_>

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#43 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

It would certainly be interesting. I am doubtful of Nintendo's will to invest on console Pokemon games, though.

I am always under the impression that they feel the handheld games make such a ridiculous amount of money that producing a full-fledged Pokemon game for a home system would be more expensive and just take away some of the handheld sales.