Wii - Gamecube annoyance!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hhbc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 hhbc1
Member since 2006 • 195 Posts

Bit of a problem really.

Trying to play MGS: Twin Snakes on the Wii however, I don't have that long Wii remote sensor. I have a Wii Remote, however it won't sync due to the lack of sensor. I also have a Wii Gamecube Controller and a Gamecube memory card, however when I put the disc in there is no way to select it, even with the Wii Gamecube controller. Rather frustrating, is there any autoplay after a while or something to try and make this work or another way.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
why don't you have a sensor bar?
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

Buy a sensor.

I also find not being able to use gamecube controlers to select channels annoying. Not sure why they did that.

hhbc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hhbc1

Hardly play the Wii, so it's been boxed up for the last year or two, might have thrown it out or something. Just got it down from the attic since I picked up MGS: Twin Snakes.

Dont really want to buy a sensor bar, because it'll probably be cheaper to just pick up a Gamecube.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

If you have a classic controller you can plug that in to your wiiremote and use it to navigate the menus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

It's possible to use other sources of light as impromptu sensor bars. Some spare LEDs or even some candles in the right light can do it. It's a hassle, but you won't have to buy another sensor bar.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Grab a lighter (only one is needed), ignite it, point your wiimote at it, and navigate until you choose the disc channel. Anything that emits infrared light will work.
hhbc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hhbc1

Thanks guys, I'm going to try this out, CD's work aswell apparently, we'll find out anyway.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Bit of a problem really.

Trying to play MGS: Twin Snakes on the Wii however, I don't have that long Wii remote sensor. I have a Wii Remote, however it won't sync due to the lack of sensor. I also have a Wii Gamecube Controller and a Gamecube memory card, however when I put the disc in there is no way to select it, even with the Wii Gamecube controller. Rather frustrating, is there any autoplay after a while or something to try and make this work or another way.

hhbc1
You don't need a sensor bar to sync your Wii remote. The sensor bar's only use is to emit infared lights that your Wii remote reeds so the pointer knows what its pointing at. Syncing and all input is done through bluetooth. Obviously you will need pointing to get to the channel though, unless you have a classic controller. You can get a generic sensor bar from Amazon for like $6 and some stores even carry them for under $20. I think that's a better option that using candles and other random objects or buying a Gamecube.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Just point at the sun while you buy a sensor bar. Nintendo sells them for $10 at their website.
hhbc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hhbc1

Cheers everyone, it worked out in the end (a CD and a Glass of water, whodafunkit), now I can have my Metal Gear Marathan!

METAL GEAR!??!?!