Which brand for component cable?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FullMetal22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FullMetal22
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts
I got the ASID brand component cable from Fry's electronics.  The picture seems to be good.  Does it matter which cable you use?  Won't the picture still be the same? 
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Never buy the Madcatz anything, they suck.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
I got the ASID brand component cable from Fry's electronics. The picture seems to be good. Does it matter which cable you use? Won't the picture still be the same? FullMetal22
Most component cables will be fine - I would get the official Nintendo ones, simply because at $30, the third party ones *aren't* cheap enough to justify risking a shoddy connector. If you already have the cables, don't worry about it.
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts
I'd get the official Nintendo component cables.
FullMetal22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FullMetal22
I'm just checking because I already got the ASID ones.  I think if something happens to the Wii the warrenty is voided because they are 3rd party.  But what could possibly happen?
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Duckman5
I'm just checking because I already got the ASID ones. I think if something happens to the Wii the warrenty is voided because they are 3rd party. But what could possibly happen?FullMetal22

No, very unlikely anyway. I don't see how it could "Damage" your Wii.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
Nintendo's Brand.LasPlagasHope

He already bought them.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
I'm just checking because I already got the ASID ones. I think if something happens to the Wii the warrenty is voided because they are 3rd party. But what could possibly happen?FullMetal22
The cables could be shoddy and feed the audio output back into the video-out board, frying it. In reality? You could have shoddy connectors that introduce noise into your signal. Another possible thing that happens with cheaply made cables is that the wires eventually come loose internally from the connector, causing the picture or sound to drop out. All of the bad things that can *realistically* happen are noticeable though, and the worst thing that can happen is you'd have to buy another cable.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Duckman5
[QUOTE="FullMetal22"]I'm just checking because I already got the ASID ones. I think if something happens to the Wii the warrenty is voided because they are 3rd party. But what could possibly happen?subrosian
The cables could be shoddy and feed the audio output back into the video-out board, frying it. In reality? You could have shoddy connectors that introduce noise into your signal. Another possible thing that happens with cheaply made cables is that the wires eventually come loose internally from the connector, causing the picture or sound to drop out. All of the bad things that can *realistically* happen are noticeable though, and the worst thing that can happen is you'd have to buy another cable.

*Gasp* Another cable?!?!!?! Well at least your Wii will still work.
flainsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flainsoul
Member since 2006 • 516 Posts
well the first party nintendo cables will be the best always because all companys copy right everything about the console, prob including the cables, so all 3rd parties wont be of the same detail.
FullMetal22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FullMetal22
Does anyone else have the ASID brand?