whats makes a game fun.... your thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Connor_DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Connor_DS
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

hey. im a pretty big gamer and ive noticed that some games (on all consoles) are just plain great fun such as: Castlevania Circle of the moon for GBA, Phantom hourglass for the DS and Beautiful Katamari. these games allmost have nothing in common but they are all great and as soon as i finish them i cant wait to pick them up again.

What do you think makes a great game?

foreversai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 foreversai
Member since 2004 • 1801 Posts

What makes a game fun? Perhaps.....
Intriguing story/plot that makes you wanna play more to unveil everything?
Interactive Gameplay which is smooth, has depth but aint too tedious to be frustrating?
Unique mechanics in the form of controls, gameplay, battle system?
Game that brings laughter and joy through multiplayer while maintaining competitiveness?

I guess there are many factors, and sometimes people just love the game overall and it's hard to pinpoint what's so fun about it xD

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
hmm....engaging story, excellent audio and visual presentation(doesn't have to be ground breaking though), and a gameplay that would keep you entertained till the very end
justin315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 justin315
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

hmmm... depends on what kind of game we talking bout, if its an rpg game, i would like good story, characters with personalities and relevance to the story, lots of surprises and twists, alot to uncover original and motivating gameplay, as for other games, good replay value, different angle in gaming and also originality, i dont like posers

GeekyDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5 GeekyDad
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
Well, being someone whose first system was the Pong home console, story is not a requisite for me. A good story is only relevant with a game that is based on...well, a good story. But for me, a good game should have a good interface, and that can entail a variety of things: good controls, nice audio / visuals, creative level design -- the list goes on.
TechDresdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TechDresdain
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

What makes a game fun (for me)?

The way I like it. When I get interested with it. The style in playing da' game. If the Graphics is just A Okay. IF the the gameplay is good And If I can enjoy it, it'll be fun(well, duh if you obviously enjoy it, it'll be fun)......(dotx3)

wiicube64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 wiicube64
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts
hmm....engaging story, excellent audio and visual presentation(doesn't have to be ground breaking though), and a gameplay that would keep you entertained till the very end Arclight_Blue
Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts
When the story is so good, the plot twists are so engaging and the mini-games are so plain fun, that I look up and realize that I've been playing for several HOURS - THAT's A GOOD GAME!
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

hey. im a pretty big gamer and ive noticed that some games (on all consoles) are just plain great fun such as: Castlevania Circle of the moon for GBA, Phantom hourglass for the DS and Beautiful Katamari. these games allmost have nothing in common but they are all great and as soon as i finish them i cant wait to pick them up again.

What do you think makes a great game?

Connor_DS

what makes a game fun? if it's made by Nintendo

nuff said

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
The main thing to making a great fun game is to have it engross you into the game and take you out of reality. The game needs to reach out to you and pull you into the game. This can be done in various ways: a great engaging story, great presentation(note I didn't say great graphics), addictive gameplay.
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
I would go to General Games Discussion with this kind of topic if you don't mind :)