Whatever happened to The Grinder? Think it will come to the Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Do you guys remember that pretty awesome looking shooter that was coming for the Wii from High Voltage?? Personally I was MORE than psyched about it but it became a weird pseudo-multi genre/platform creation then disappeared. Well I wonder if that was because they maybe ended up scrapping it for last gen to release it on the Wii U.

It was an amazing looking co op shooter featuring vampires and werewolves in the old west. It looked to play similarly to L4D. I gotta say...a game like that would be flipping AMAZING on the Wii U! They could do some amazing things with the GamePad. Anyhoo, just popped in my head so I wanted to get other people thinking about it again now that we have a next generation Nintendo console to drool over. I know not everybody has the highest opinion of HVS ( I personally do), but still, what do you guys think?

--The Grinder for Wii Trailer (2009)--

http://youtu.be/lAbgAIE0Dqg

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Do you guys remember that pretty awesome looking shooter that was coming for the Wii from High Voltage??

Darth-Samus

Yeah, that never happened

I do remember total crap that High Voltage tried to pass off to naive people though

Bet that game is cancelled

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

They went quiet after Conduit 2, that game flopped..so Im guessing they're out of console & do mobile/cell phone games now. :P

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

is that voice over guy the omnipresent voice in ZombiU?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I was interested in that game because it was the closest thing to Hunter The Reckoning (Great Series) that High Voltage has come up with but I believe it's canned.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i believed they cancelled the game on all the platforms i think its a mix of the fact that the wii version and the hd ones were so different that they couldn't keep up with the development and the games they were releasing were not selling well.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darth-Samus

[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

Do you guys remember that pretty awesome looking shooter that was coming for the Wii from High Voltage??

Jaysonguy

Yeah, that never happened

I do remember total crap that High Voltage tried to pass off to naive people though

Bet that game is cancelled

Lol, oh Jaysonguy. You and your opinions. That's cute buddy. I've missed having you in my life.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darth-Samus

is that voice over guy the omnipresent voice in ZombiU?

kungfool69

Dude I thought the exact same thing! Who knows maybe it is?

I still feel the game may be coming. I'm hoping they've been given a bigger budget and more time to rebuild the game for the Wii U. It would be ah-mazing!

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Probably not. Might be better off letting another developer make it.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
The Conduit 2 happened, and now no one (understandably) is willing to take the risk of publishing their projects.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
The Conduit 2 happened, and now no one (understandably) is willing to take the risk of publishing their projects. meetroid8
They recently made the ZOE collection.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

A High Voltage employee mentioned this game and the Conduit in September.

The following is a status update from a High Voltage employee (HVSBob), done in the style of a faux interview.

Question: What about some original HVS games I've heard about, like The Grinder, Animales de la Muerte, and of course the Conduit series?

Answer: As usual, there are things we're not ready to talk about. The games I just mentioned in the last answer, for instance, are public knowledge for those who know where to look. But you may be pleased to know our strategy moving forward calls for a greater proportion of original IP games.

I'm excited about the projects we're working on now. I think they represent a new chapter for us: one that's more forward-thinking than before.

Question: OMG I love Conduit so much!

Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.GoNintendo

Outside of the Conduit series it sounds like The Grinder, and Animales de la Muerte may have been put on hold, or cancelled.

I wonder what they're planning for the Conduit? Conduit 3? Or maybe a Conduit HD collection for Wii U?

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
I'd personally rather see Conduit 3 for Wii U.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="GoNintendo"]The following is a status update from a High Voltage employee (HVSBob), done in the style of a faux interview.

Question: What about some original HVS games I've heard about, like The Grinder, Animales de la Muerte, and of course the Conduit series?

Answer: As usual, there are things we're not ready to talk about. The games I just mentioned in the last answer, for instance, are public knowledge for those who know where to look. But you may be pleased to know our strategy moving forward calls for a greater proportion of original IP games.

I'm excited about the projects we're working on now. I think they represent a new chapter for us: one that's more forward-thinking than before.

Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.JollyGreenOne

Outside of the Conduit series it sounds like The Grinder, and Animales de la Muerte may have been put on hold, or cancelled.

I wonder what they're planning for the Conduit? Conduit 3? Or maybe a Conduit HD collection for Wii U?

If there was a Conduit HD Collection, I might buy it if they fixed it up a lot.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

[QUOTE="GoNintendo"]The following is a status update from a High Voltage employee (HVSBob), done in the style of a faux interview.

Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.Michael0134567

You're under the impression that a company that used the Wii audience for free pub and in return gave them repeated garbage titles can "fix up" anything?

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Answer: That's not a question, but thank you! And we haven't forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.JollyGreenOne

no HD, only good/great games should make it to HD :P IF anything make a new Conduit game & not repeat the mistakes from Conduit 1 & 2..no excuse this time round better hardware etc etc.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

Jaysonguy

You're under the impression that a company that used the Wii audience for free pub and in return gave them repeated garbage titles can "fix up" anything?

The Conduit and Conduit 2 aren't garbage, they just need some polish and fixing up.
Philosopho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Philosopho
Member since 2012 • 86 Posts
I can't believe they still have a following among Nintendo fans. I mean just... why? They make mediocre at best games, they've done butkis to warrant any following.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darth-Samus

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] If there was a Conduit HD Collection, I might buy it if they fixed it up a lot.Michael0134567

The Conduit and Conduit 2 aren't garbage, they just need some polish and fixing up.

I agree. I recognize the imperfection of both Conduit titles, but I still enjoyed them both all the same.

I would personally buy up eaither a Conduit HD collection (yes with improvements), The Grinder, or most of all The Conduit 3. Here's hoping!