What should I get on the eShop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

Hello everyone.

I just received as a gift a $20 eShop card (yay). I own both a Wii U and a 3DS and I don't own any eShop games on either console (except for a digital version of the Wind Waker HD and Pokemon Y as part of last month's offer). Any recommendations on existing or upcoming titles for either platform that are worth the download? I was thinking on Shovel Knight, but I would like to hear your opinions on other options as well. Thanks in advance!

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Get Advance Wars.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

Definitely check out the GBA VC titles for Wii U as well as Earthbound (SNES).

For 3DS, I would recommend Gunman Clive, a $2 2d platforming title; AiRace Speed, a racing title which makes good use of the 3DS's 3D; and Crashmo if you like puzzle games.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if you like chess...try pure chess

if you like finding waldo games....h20 kingdom on 3ds is cool

toki tori HD and toki tori 2 are great on wiiU

ducktales remastered on wiiU is great if you ever liked the original cartoon.

NES remix on wiiU is fun if you are a fan of NES games.

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

uhm for the Wii i would pick up Super Mario RPG, its an awsome game, for 3ds Super Mario Bros 3 just released if you like that, but i would get Super Mario Land 3 (Wario World) and Kirbys Adventure, two awesome games that are pretty cheap

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Nano assault Neo is a good one, there's even a demo for it.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

@ObxChillin said:

uhm for the Wii i would pick up Super Mario RPG, its an awsome game

eShop cards are not compatible with Wii Shop. Mario RPG is a good buy nonetheless. :)

I would recommend holding onto those points until you know what game you would really spend time on. If you haven't played Metroid Fusion yet, I would recommend that.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AVIS93

GBA titles are kind of my last option since I have a working GBA SP handheld and I can get physical cartridges easily where I live. I'm the kind of guy that always prefers the physical format whenever I have the option, there's just something for me in owning a physical thing that I can keep and admire. Needless to say, both Advance Wars and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga are on my radar. Oh, and I own Metroid Fusion and I've played through that game quite a few times already and I love that. Anyways, thanks for these recommendations.

Earthbound is a good one, I haven't played it and everywhere there's some acclaim to it. I'll definitely check out Gunman Clive, AiRace Speed, Crashmo, Toki Tori HD, Toki Tori 2, and Duck Tales Remastered. Nano Assault Neo looks good, I'll check out the demo. NES Remix has never gotten my attention, though I'll maybe give it a chance.

I already own Super Mario Bros. 3 and Kirby's Adventure, both great fun games. Thanks for the tip!

Thank you everyone so far for your recommendations. Any other tips on other titles? Some indies maybe? I was taking a look at Nihilumbra and it looks very good as well.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Pushmo is a great 3DS game. I also recommend Steamworld Dig.

Phoenix Wright Dual Destiny is great as well and is only sold through the 3DS eShop. It's $30 though...

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Steamworld Dig, Pushmo/Crashmo, VVVVV, Cave Story, EDGE , 2 Fast 4 Gnomez, Gunman Clive, Fractured Soul, and the two Mighty Switch Force are pretty good. I assume you'll read recommendations and then look into them. Fortunately they all have eShop videos so you can get a good idea.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

As for Wii U:

Depends if your a big fan of the retro games, but NES Remix is great, and NES remix 2 is coming out like thursday or Friday. That will be great too im sure. I'm hyped about child of Light too, which is coming out in about a week. If you like RPG's i have a feeling that will be a must own.

As for Indies/other titles....

I liked Mutant Mudd and Kyntt. Mutant Mudd is like mega man retro style game, Kyntt is more like a 2D exploration puzzle game.

As you can see, i like retro games. You can't go wrong with the NES/SNES titles either.

Enjoy!

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AVIS93

@Kaze_no_Mirai: That's indeed what I'm doing! Thanks for the good suggestions, I remember now watching a couple of videos about Cave Story a few months ago and it looked neat.

Yes, I do like retro games, that´s why I'm waiting for the release of Shovel Knight to finally read some reviews on it since it looks amazing. I think I'll take a deeper look into NES Remix after all the mentions, thanks a lot!