what are the new and removed features from mk8 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Dennysinny
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

before i buy it... only played it for a bit

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#2 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Here is a little overview I found for new features: Linky

As for removed features, the one I can think of off the top of my head is the absence of battle arenas. For some reason I cannot fathom, Nintendo has battles taking place on the regular tracks.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

new features:

mk tv - its saves your last 12 games....you can watch your whole race over again and even choose any of the other 12 races to get their point of view as well. and you can upload a 1 min edited version to youtube.

kart, wheel customization....this was introduced in mk7

ability to sort of chat in online lobbies after races.

battle mode...is less chaotic and more of a jousting match. after you lose your 3 ballons you turn into a ghost and can still kill other players.

ability to make online tournaments

ability to create an online friend lobby with special rules

removed features:

no ability to view stats

coin runners mode is gone...thank god.

ability to choose any course online....now you are limited to 3 preselected courses each match.

some characters are missing....like dry bones, funky kong...etc

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

new features:

mk tv - its saves your last 12 games....you can watch your whole race over again and even choose any of the other 12 races to get their point of view as well. and you can upload a 1 min edited version to youtube.

battle mode...is less chaotic and more of a jousting match. after you lose your 3 ballons you turn into a ghost and can still kill other players.

removed features:

no ability to view stats

ability to choose any course online....now you are limited to 3 preselected courses each match.

I actually love that change. I remember playing Mario Kart Wii online and we played Luigi's Circuit 6 times in a row because everyone else kept voting for it. You can no longer do that now. :P

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dennysinny

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@KBFloYd said:

new features:

removed features:

no ability to view stats

I actually love that change. I remember playing Mario Kart Wii online and we played Luigi's Circuit 6 times in a row because everyone else kept voting for it. You can no longer do that now. :P

i would hate to play a map i hate but everyone kept choosing it lol !~

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

some characters are missing....like funky kong

THANK GOD!!! I swear I was so sick of him being used on the Flame Runner bike by everybody online. I wouldn't mind him being readded as long as he is balanced out.

But yeah you pretty much got the stuff that was added and removed.

They need to bring back the Buu ghost steal item, the Jump Feather, the Fake Item Box and make Bowser Castle DS a DLC stage. That stage is already set up perfectly for gravitational segments.

Battle Mode needs battle made stages, not just already created stages without laps.

Even still though, I love this game lol

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@nini200 said:

@KBFloYd said:

THANK GOD!!! I swear I was so sick of him being used on the Flame Runner bike by everybody online. I wouldn't mind him being readded as long as he is balanced out.

They need to bring back the Buu ghost steal item, the Jump Feather, the Fake Item Box and make Bowser Castle DS a DLC stage. That stage is already set up perfectly for gravitational segments.

Battle Mode needs battle made stages, not just already created stages without laps.

I was actually kind of mad that the wasn't in the game. That was a staple of Mario kart for so long... Gotta love having to have the finesse required to place it where it would seem like it's a legitimate box.

PsyphonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 PsyphonX
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

My biggest disappointment is the lack of stats, ability to talk with people online or at the very least friends, and the roster is pretty lame. I really hope they come out with some new character dlc or something.

Other than that, great game. Lots of fun.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@nini200 said:

@KBFloYd said:

I was actually kind of mad that the wasn't in the game. That was a staple of Mario kart for so long... Gotta love having to have the finesse required to place it where it would seem like it's a legitimate box.

I agree. I loved placing it right inside a real box lol

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dennysinny

@psyphonx said:

My biggest disappointment is the lack of stats, ability to talk with people online or at the very least friends, and the roster is pretty lame. I really hope they come out with some new character dlc or something.

Other than that, great game. Lots of fun.

lol cool