What are the differences?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

What are the main differences & gameplay differences between these games? Not trolling, want to know before purchasing.

New Super Mario Bros DS/Wii/WiiU

Super Mario 3d Land/Super Mario 3d World

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

new mario ds: fun game, no tornado attack, ok graphics, short levels

new mario 2 ds: great graphics, tanoki flying suit is back. game is based on coins and collecting coins. very EASY game, i doubt any1 have ever seen the game over screen, u will have so many lives but the end of the game.

new mario wii: ok graphics, ugly backrounds, there is a decent challange in the game but not as much as mario u. the game is not very long.

new mario u: huge game, amazing graphics, new power ups, and a huge game. the game is pretty big and the levels vary alot. it a must have and must better than all new mario games when it come to level diversity and design. the game is pretty challenging.

new luigi u:best game even though it does not star mario. the game has as many levels as mario u but they are all different and much much shorter. u have 100 mario seconds only to finish every level and the game is the hardest of them all. i love the challenge, 5 staring the save file was the hardest.

mario 3d land: fun little game. even tho a bit short but u can replay all worlds with some differences and higher difficulty after beating the game. uses 3d graphics and isometric view. great handheld title.

mario 3d world: even tho u cant tell by the name but has nothing similat to mario 3d land. the only similarity is the isometric view (even tho u can change the camera). u can move in the world map freely to uncover secrets. also the game is beautiful and quite long. 5 playable characters mario(jack of all trades), toad (the fastest) luigi(high jumper) peach(air glider) and princess (tornado kick).

the game is pretty fun and extremely diverse. no level looks the same as the other even when u r in the same world. they did a great job in this game, even level introduces something new u wont get bored from it. also this is the first mario game to feature proper mp experience. in this game playing with 4 friends is amazing and unlike new mario series it is not annoying. this game was made for multiplayer, it is even more fun playing it coop. tho nintendo made a mistake in not making this game online, if only it had online coop this game would have been a 10/10.

either way mario 3d world is a new mario experience unseen before just like mario sunshine, 64 and galaxy series. hope they patch online for this game but i doubt they will. but for now im having a blast with my friend in this game.

sorry for the long post.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

Thanks for the post. If I were to only play one New Super game would New Mario U be the best? Is it worth buying a Wii U for or should I just buy New Mario Wii?

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@Meta-Gnostic: I'd just stick with the Wii release. Just as good for a lot less. Besides, NSBMU is way too easy unless you get luigi u

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Why not spring for the Wii U? You can play all Wii U games plus all Wii games including all the digital downloads from both. Why limit your choices?

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

NSMBU is the superior version compared to the DS/3DS/Wii versions.

I haven't played Mario 3D World yet but it sounds like it's on the same level as the Galaxy games on Wii. In other words, it's a must-play!

If you're wondering if it's worth getting a Wii U to play these games, get it! Wii U plays all Wii games as well so you could also pick up those older games if you missed out on any. The actual U library is starting to improve as well with lots of great titles and more coming in the next year.