wanting to buy a dsi XL iam i missing much or no?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tommy8930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Tommy8930
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts

is it worth buying i might go get one today

Avatar image for ChihuahuasMagic
ChihuahuasMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 ChihuahuasMagic
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I don't think the dsi xl is worth it. the only difference is a bigger screen. who cares about that? The games it comes with, almost all the dsi shop gams are complete crap and junk. Even the dsi was sorta a waste. Don't go waste $180, keep it. If you don't have a ds, then just get a DS Lite, and you'll save $50 or $60.
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

You have a original ds yes. Ds lite maybe. dsi no. I own a dsi xl I got it the day it came out and love it.

Lord_Nyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lord_Nyno
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts

w8 for 3ds XD

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

You have a original ds yes. Ds lite maybe. dsi no. I own a dsi xl I got it the day it came out and love it.

dunl12496
I think this is a good summary. I didn't have a DS, so I got a DSi XL. The bigger screen is beautiful, and I already have a GBA so I didn't need the GBA slot in the DS Lite. I wouldn't get an XL if you have a Lite or DSi, but otherwise I would say definitely. The 3DS doesn't have a release date yet, and will most likely cost over $200. Personally, I won;t get it until it has been out at least a year.
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

Although it has a bigger screen, the resolution is the same as a regular DSi.

I just traded in my original DS for a DSi and I'm loving it :)

Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

I bought the XL on launch day and absolutely love it. It's my first DS and honestly I don't think I could play on the smaller screens now if I had to. But buying it really depends on your situation. As someone mentioned:

DS Phat: Yes, it's worth the upgrade

DS lite: mmm, your call. If you use the gba slot then I say you shouldn't upgrade.

DSi: If you're happy with your DSi, then don't upgrade.

No DS: For sure, go ahead and get one, it's worth it!

In the end it's up to you. I can tell you though that the screen is beautiful and great to look at =D

ScorpionBeeBee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ScorpionBeeBee
Member since 2009 • 394 Posts

I bought the XL on launch day and absolutely love it. It's my first DS and honestly I don't think I could play on the smaller screens now if I had to. But buying it really depends on your situation. As someone mentioned:

DS Phat: Yes, it's worth the upgrade

DS lite: mmm, your call. If you use the gba slot then I say you shouldn't upgrade.

DSi: If you're happy with your DSi, then don't upgrade.

No DS: For sure, go ahead and get one, it's worth it!

In the end it's up to you. I can tell you though that the screen is beautiful and great to look at =D

Foxh0und666

I'll agree with your assessment, but I'd also add that if you play games primarily on your DS and you have disposable income then it would be worth an upgrade no matter which DS you had. Nearly double sized screens and louder sound almost make it feel like an all new system, and the worries about increased screen size muddying up the picture is hogwash. I've tested most of my son's DS collection on my new XL and they greatly benefit from the larger screens, its no contest. Mario Kart, a game I heard looked blocky on the XL screens actually looked and played gorgeously on the XL. SO yeah imho I think the upgrade is worth it especially if you game alot on the DS.

Steely36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Steely36
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

If you have or phat or even a lite I say upgrading is a must. I upgraded from a phat to XL and it is incredible! One thing not mentioned a lot is the sound quality. The speakers are the loudest of any DS and easily rival a laptop in sound quality. Get an XL you wont regret it.

RichardWrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RichardWrite
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts

After you get the XL you will say to yourself, "How can I ever go back to a small screen now?"

RichardWrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RichardWrite
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts

04-05-2010

I had a DSi and sold it so I could get the XL. No regrets at all. As an adult gamer, I do a lot of puzzle and word type of games, and the XL is much friendlier to my eyes.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
I would like to have it, but atm im satisfied with my lite
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
The best reason to get a DSi or XL is Flipnote Studio. But if you're not interested I'd say a DSlite is better.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I'd say ask people with the dsi xl. I've heard good things on this board about the big screens, people seem to love it. TBH it sounds really nice. I have a dsi, and I'm a little said i didn't get the dsi xl when it came out.