Unbundled Wiis in stores - How long?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 FireBurger
Member since 2005 • 1566 Posts
Hey, I just recently decided that I wanted to pick up a Wii to play alongside my X360. However, at the moment, my time is preoccupied with school and I also don't currently have the money to pick one up along with the other things I want for it, so right now is not the best time for me to buy one.

So I was wondering, do you think we'll being seeing something akin to Xbox 360's core or premium systems for the Wii on storeshelves by maybe June? By that I mean just the systems and a controller or two, without all the frills of SD cards and extra games etc.

Thanks for any thoughts...

EDIT: I mean unbundled, not stripped down/downgraded...
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Never.

Nintendo doesn't screw over their customers like Microsoft did.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FireBurger
Never.

Jaysonguy

What? How is that screwing over the customers?

It's the stores that bundle the systems with all the games and accesories so that they can make more money. Selling just the system alone isn't "screwing anyone over."
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Never.

FireBurger

What? How is that screwing over the customers?

It's the stores that bundle the systems with all the games and accesories so that they can make more money. Selling just the system alone isn't "screwing anyone over."

When you say without SD cards do you mean them INCLUDED (which they're not) or do you mean the ability to use them?
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
I have never seen a Wii bundle so I can't help you. There are no different packages, the Wii package is basic, and has everything you NEED and only one thing that can be taken out (Wii Sports), but it is an amazing game anyway...
emo_sucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emo_sucks
Member since 2005 • 247 Posts
the wii is a "core system" it only comes with one controller and the free game. if you wanted to do it xbox style they would take away the sd slots and wi-fi capabilites or something to make it cheaper, therefore an obvious ripoff
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FireBurger
the wii is a "core system" it only comes with one controller and the free game. if you wanted to do it xbox style they would take away the sd slots and wi-fi capabilites or something to make it cheaper, therefore an obvious ripoffemo_sucks

Okay, sorry for the confusion. I don't mean a downgraded Wii or anything like that. When I was talking about the "frilly" bundles, I meant things like a "Family Pack Wii" that comes with 4 E rated games and an SD card and an extra controller etc. - You know, the sort of things that all the game stores like EB or Gamestop do...

Yeah, I don't mean a Wii without SD slots or WiFi or anything like that, I just meant when can we expect to see the Wiis all by themselves without bundles (there that's what I should have said before)?
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
I've never seen bundles in retail stores. I've only seen them online.
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Banjo4321
Member since 2003 • 6229 Posts
Usually only online stores sell bundles. I've never seen a Wii bundle in-store anywhere. The system is always sold by itself as far as I know.
Betermin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Betermin
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts
[QUOTE="emo_sucks"]the wii is a "core system" it only comes with one controller and the free game. if you wanted to do it xbox style they would take away the sd slots and wi-fi capabilites or something to make it cheaper, therefore an obvious ripoffFireBurger

Okay, sorry for the confusion. I don't mean a downgraded Wii or anything like that. When I was talking about the "frilly" bundles, I meant things like a "Family Pack Wii" that comes with 4 E rated games and an SD card and an extra controller etc. - You know, the sort of things that all the game stores like EB or Gamestop do...

Yeah, I don't mean a Wii without SD slots or WiFi or anything like that, I just meant when can we expect to see the Wiis all by themselves without bundles (there that's what I should have said before)?

You're probably looking at April at the earliest. Obviously, the systems by themselves (just one controller set and Wii Sports) are sold now. However, they're just such a hot item that one has to find out far in advance when a store is getting them. I work in the electronics department at Target and the signs that we advertise say that we aren't aloud to sell more than one system to a customer until the end of June. Hopefully by April - Mayish you might be able to walk into any ol' store and buy a Wii for $250. As of right now, you kinda gotta fight for them. I had to wake up at 6 AM and go to my own store to get mine.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
Yeah...I've never seen any bundles in stores, only online.
Rookie_MVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Rookie_MVP
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts
where do you live? i have never seen a wii bundle in my life
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
I suppose Costco will have Wii bundles eventually (because they've bundled every other system)... but I don't think that I've actually seen one yet.