The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by bob_newman (8129 posts) -
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

*Bunch of free stuff*

Haziqonfire

Being somewhat of a collector, I normally would have jumped on this...but seeing as I already own all of those games, I figure it would just be selfish of me to ask if I can have it all. It'll go to a better home somewhere else anyway.

Oh, and hi everyone! I'm not dead.

He lives...

Minecraft stole my life.
#252 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="bob_newman"]

Being somewhat of a collector, I normally would have jumped on this...but seeing as I already own all of those games, I figure it would just be selfish of me to ask if I can have it all. It'll go to a better home somewhere else anyway.

Oh, and hi everyone! I'm not dead.

bob_newman

He lives...

Minecraft stole my life.

It did for me to for a while, I found myself making sure there weren't any dark spots in my place for fear of creepers or skeletons spawning and blowing up my bedroom.

#253 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Ok...

If i get ONE more violation warning,i'll go Super Saiyan up yours,GameSpot!

>_>

*sigh*

Sorry,too much coffee.

#254 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="bob_newman"] Minecraft stole my life.

Kill it with fire.
#255 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4711 posts) -

[QUOTE="bob_newman"] Minecraft stole my life.Haziqonfire
Kill it with fire.

Fire lasts a very short amount of time now. You'll need a sea of lava to do the job.

#256 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Minecraft is abit overrated...

#257 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

GreekGameManiac

As a game yeah, it's not really much of a game, it's massive scale LEGOs for adults.

#259 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

GreekGameManiac
DBZ is overrated.
#260 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

DBZ is overrated.Haziqonfire

In what way?

#261 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]DBZ is overrated.GreekGameManiac

In what way?

In over 9000 ways.
#262 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Lol.

Come on,is it THAT overrated?

Ofcourse it's overrated,it's been loved as the best action cartoon in the world,and ppl like to exaggerate.

It had an influence on other manga,though,like Naruto,One Piece,and others.

#263 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Lol.

Come on,is it THAT overrated?

Ofcourse it's overrated,it's been loved as the best action cartoon in the world,and ppl like to exaggerate.

It had an influence on other manga,though,like Naruto,One Piece,and others.

GreekGameManiac

The point being, things aren't overrated just because you don't like them as much as other people do ;)

#264 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

The point being, things aren't overrated just because you don't like them as much as other people do ;)

WreckEm711

No,ofcourse not.

But overly(like extremely)critically acclaimed games,are.

And things like Tetris,too.

Oh,how far are you in Arc Rise Fantasia btw?

#265 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

GreekGameManiac

No,ofcourse not.

But overly(like extremely)critically acclaimed games,are.

And things like Tetris,too.

Oh,how far are you in Arc Rise Fantasia btw?

Not very, still at the first save spot in that forest right after the little nopon-like creature village. Haven't had much of any chance to play games the last few days with all the work on our place, and classes starting up wednesday.

#266 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Well,you gotta make time man.

Take some time for yourself,and yourself alone when you can.

I'm sure your wife will understand.

Also,i think someone is playing a bad joke on me.

Cause,i just got one topic on SW locked,and got a "forum invasion" warning.(wtf? it was only one,plus another one which didn't get locked)

>_>

Feeling the blood boiling now.......

#267 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Well,you gotta make time man.

Take some time for yourself,and yourself alone when you can.

I'm sure your wife will understand.

Also,i think someone is playing a bad joke on me.

Cause,i just got two topics on SW locked,and got a "forum invasion" warning.(wtf? they were only TWO)

>_>

Feeling the blood boiling now.......

GreekGameManiac

Lol I want to be doing the stuff I am, I like having stuff I enjoy outside of gaming. I've been wanting to work on all these projects for ages, just never had all the tools I needed for it, now I do, so I'm getting as many knocked out before class as I can :D Probably wont start up on Arc Rise Fantasia again for a while, really really want to dig into the Rogue Squadron GCN games first.

#268 Posted by bob_newman (8129 posts) -

GreekGameManiac
Sink 200 hours into it and say that again. Oh God, what is happening to me?
#269 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

bob_newman

Lol.

Someday save Bob!!!!!

#270 Posted by roboccs (6937 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

bob_newman

:lol:

I've never played it but like someone else said, it looks like virtual legos for adults.

My son got some real legos for Christmas but he's too young to be able to really get in to the little ones so I've been helping him built his little vehicles and what-not... It's seriously fun. I used to love legos when I was younger. I used to collect the castle sets... Maybe now I'm seeing the origin of my love for fantasy RPGs...

#271 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Finding textbooks is the worst part about a new semester of classes. This year luckily though, two of my books are only around $20 each from Chapters/Indigo. It's stupid because one of the textbooks I used second year is the same textbook I need for my final year Capstone course ... and I sold it in second year. Brand new its $200. Ugh.
#272 Posted by alexh_99 (5378 posts) -
Finding textbooks is the worst part about a new semester of classes. This year luckily though, two of my books are only around $20 each from Chapters/Indigo. It's stupid because one of the textbooks I used second year is the same textbook I need for my final year Capstone course ... and I sold it in second year. Brand new its $200. Ugh.Haziqonfire
ebooks + tablet = save a lot of money on textbooks
#273 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Just installed Windows 7 via Boot Camp on my Mac because I have to have it for some programs for class... Forgot how lame Windows is -_-

#274 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -
#275 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Finally got to sit down and play some GameCube, didn't play anything longer than a few minutes, mainly just swapping discs to make sure everything worked :P Rogue Squadron II looks great :D

#276 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Finally got to sit down and play some GameCube, didn't play anything longer than a few minutes, mainly just swapping discs to make sure everything worked :P Rogue Squadron II looks great :D

WreckEm711

Wait till you see III.

I have a challenge for you.

Beat ALL the GameCube games we've suggested.

This year.

:P

#277 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

GreekGameManiac

Wait till you see III.

I have a challenge for you.

Beat ALL the GameCube games we've suggested.

This year.

:P

I graduate in May and will start working full time shortly after, I doubt I beat any of them by the end of the year :P

#278 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Hmmm..

That bad?

#279 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Hmmm..

That bad?

GreekGameManiac

Bad, no, just busy. Going for internships, heading to New Mexico for weekends to ski, Oklahoma to gamble, trying to start up camping, NCAA basketball getting in full swing conference play, alumni association stuff, etc. Games get bumped pretty low on the priority list :P

#280 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

]

Bad, no, just busy. Going for internships, heading to New Mexico for weekends to ski, Oklahoma to gamble, trying to start up camping, NCAA basketball getting in full swing conference play, alumni association stuff, etc. Games get bumped pretty low on the priority list :P

WreckEm711

Lol i'm the opposite.

When i have free time,i'm always playing games.

My gf once joked that i love videogames more than her.

Maybe just a little :P

#281 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]]

GreekGameManiac

Lol i'm the opposite.

When i have free time,i'm always playing games.

My gf once joked that i love videogames more than her.

Maybe just a little :P

Sometimes there's nothing I want more after a really busy week than to pour some Jack and coke, start up Black Ops, and kill some noobs, or hop on Xenoblade and explore, but I like getting out of the house and doing stuff too much to ignore all my other hobbies for just one :P

#282 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Finding textbooks is the worst part about a new semester of classes. This year luckily though, two of my books are only around $20 each from Chapters/Indigo. It's stupid because one of the textbooks I used second year is the same textbook I need for my final year Capstone course ... and I sold it in second year. Brand new its $200. Ugh.alexh_99

I tried "finding" mine online but I had no luck lol.

Just installed Windows 7 via Boot Camp on my Mac because I have to have it for some programs for class... Forgot how lame Windows is -_-

WreckEm711
It's pretty annoying. I dual boot Ubuntu and I had to use Windows yesterday to use Microsoft Visio (You can't really get it to work within Linux without using a Virtual Machine) and it took an hour to update everything. Then after that stupid messages pop up, everywhere. Ubuntu is just so much faster for what I do on a daily basis. Browse the web, take notes for class, and IM. There's obviously way's to make Windows faster and more to you're liking but it's harder to get around than Open Source.
#283 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

GameCube first impressions: Controller feels fantastic, the button layout is great, now I know why so many people wanted support for it in Wii games :P Also, Rogue Leader looks amazing, I really wish more devs had pushed the Wii graphically..

#284 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

GameCube first impressions: Controller feels fantastic, the button layout is great, now I know why so many people wanted support for it in Wii games :P Also, Rogue Leader looks amazing, I really wish more devs had pushed the Wii graphically..

WreckEm711

Exactly,controller was really good.

And yeah,but what can you do.

#285 Posted by alexh_99 (5378 posts) -

[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Finding textbooks is the worst part about a new semester of classes. This year luckily though, two of my books are only around $20 each from Chapters/Indigo. It's stupid because one of the textbooks I used second year is the same textbook I need for my final year Capstone course ... and I sold it in second year. Brand new its $200. Ugh.Haziqonfire

I was able to "find" the majority of mine this semester. Unfortunately one of my professors is making our exam open book, and only the textook is allowed (can't bring an ebook to the exam:P) so i had to spend $150 just so i could use it a couple of months from now for three hours.

#286 Posted by roboccs (6937 posts) -

I graduate in May and will start working full time shortly after, I doubt I beat any of them by the end of the year :P

WreckEm711

^ This is me. And I have gamer A.D.D. I get part way or a lot of the way through games and am loving them, and then for no reason I start playing another one... Curse this current generation and it's many games that interest me.

Speaking of which, I forgot I had the demo for Ni No Kuni on PS3 so I fired it up yesterday.... Dude.... I want this game!!! :lol:

It's gorgeous, it seems to have a good hybrid turn based and real-time battle system, it has an explorable world map, and the music sounds amazing. Seems like a perfect JRPG.

#287 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="alexh_99"] ebooks + tablet = save a lot of money on textbooksalexh_99

I was able to "find" the majority of mine this semester. Unfortunately one of my professors is making our exam open book, and only the textook is allowed (can't bring an ebook to the exam:P) so i had to spend $150 just so i could use it a couple of months from now for three hours.

I had that last year too. It sucks, lol. I opened it once.
#288 Posted by roboccs (6937 posts) -

Must... stop.... searching... videogame related youtube videos..... need.... to.... work!!!!

Ever have one of those days when you just cannot get focused on stuff you need to get done? I'm having one of those today. On the bright side, stumbled on this when I was searching Metroid stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mziw3FQkZYg

Tallon Overworld theme from Metroid Prime.... Man does this just oooze nostalgia for me. What a great game!!

#289 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

WreckEm711
There's no controller better than the GCN controller. Long live the cube. :P
#290 Posted by Jaysonguy (37601 posts) -

The Gamecube controller feels like a toy, especially with it's pathetic clicking "triggers" and awful yellow thumb nub

#291 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Rod90

Yeaaaah apparently I missed out quite a bit. Of course, if I got the GCN and missed out on the Xbox I would have missed out too, and it works out well that I can experience it all brand new now. I think the best part is most of these games I've played so far look just as good as most Wii games and some look better than a lot of Wii games, so it doesn't feel like I'm even going back to last gen, just feels like I've got more awesome Wii games :P

Also, Wind Waker has awesome music so far!

#292 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Yeaaaah apparently I missed out quite a bit. Of course, if I got the GCN and missed out on the Xbox I would have missed out too, and it works out well that I can experience it all brand new now. I think the best part is most of these games I've played so far look just as good as most Wii games and some look better than a lot of Wii games, so it doesn't feel like I'm even going back to last gen, just feels like I've got more awesome Wii games :P

Also, Wind Waker has awesome music so far!

Well, some GCN games do have terrible graphics, but titles like Viewtiful Joe 1 and Mario Sunshine look great even in 2013. Also, Wind Waker is my personal favorite game of all time. It's a timeless masterpiece that shows why videogames are art.
#293 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Well, some GCN games do have terrible graphics, but titles like Viewtiful Joe 1 and Mario Sunshine look great even in 2013. Also, Wind Waker is my personal favorite game of all time. It's a timeless masterpiece that shows why videogames are art.Rod90

Don't exaggerate!

And yeah,TWW is awesome,but videogames were always art..they don't/didn't have to prove anything.

What's with that Aero555 guy?

He claims to be a compatriot of mine,yet his Greek isn't perfect..

Plus he's a troll.

*shrugs*

#294 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"]Well, some GCN games do have terrible graphics, but titles like Viewtiful Joe 1 and Mario Sunshine look great even in 2013. Also, Wind Waker is my personal favorite game of all time. It's a timeless masterpiece that shows why videogames are art.GreekGameManiac

Don't exaggerate!

And yeah,TWW is awesome,but videogames were always art..they don't/didn't have to prove anything.

What's with that Aero555 guy?

He claims to be a compatriot of mine,yet his Greek isn't perfect..

Plus he's a troll.

*shrugs*

It's not an exhaggeration, games with good art styles look great for a long time. Just look at stuff like Super Mario World and Wind Waker. Still look great even by todays standards.

#295 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -

The Gamecube controller feels like a toy, especially with it's pathetic clicking "triggers" and awful yellow thumb nub

Jaysonguy
Layout was perfect though. I never had any problems with it.
#296 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

It's not an exhaggeration, games with good art styles look great for a long time. Just look at stuff like Super Mario World and Wind Waker. Still look great even by todays standards.

WreckEm711

SMW,REALLY?

And that's not an exaggeration?

I'm sorry,but no.

It's too old,and it's NOT among the SNES' best looking games

:/

#297 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

GreekGameManiac

SMW,REALLY?

And that's not an exaggeration?

I'm sorry,but no.

It's too old,and it's NOT among the SNES' best looking games

:/

You're on a short list with that bud, to each his own :P

#298 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

WreckEm711

I'm not talking about art direction,i'm talking about GRAPHICS.

And no,i'm not.

STOP thinking like that,you don't know what everyone thinks.

Just because it's timeless,doesn't mean it looks that good.

Have you seen how good some RPGs or 3D games on the system look like?

Much better than SMW.

Yoshi's Island looks much better.

#299 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

GreekGameManiac

I'm not talking about art direction,i'm talking about GRAPHICS.

And no,i'm not.

STOP thinking like that,you don't know what everyone thinks.

Just because it's timeless,doesn't mean it looks that good.

Have you seen how good some RPGs or 3D games on the system look like?

Much better than SMW.

Yoshi's Island looks much better.

If you only want to talk pure technical power, everything is outdated unless its a new PC game :? Art stlye is what makes a game look great (which is what you contested, looking great, which is a combination of art styIe and technical power. Neither of us said anything about pure technical power, that would be ridiculous to say a SNES game is technically up to par today...) past its time, and SMW looks great to many even now. If you don't believe me go poll a random forum on here, it's been highly rated on quite a few of them on this site in the past :P Donkey Kong Country 2 is more technically advanced, looks like butt now.

You're retorting with irrelevant information, Yoshi's Island does look great too, that doesn't mean SMW doesn't look great still, and the logic behind the insinuation makes no sense :P

#300 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Uh,no,because i was talking about the SNES,NOT modern games.

So YOUR post is irrelevant.

Concerning SNES,SMW is NOT among it's best looking games,and that's ofcourse expected,since it was one of it's first games.(and i DID say "among SNES games" in one of my previous posts so don't change what i said!)

Don't misread my post again,thank you.

As for how good it looks today...well,it looks pretty,but yeah,it's meh(for me atleast)

Oh,and DKC2 looking like butt? really? well i don't think so.

Atleast it looks better than SMW.