Super Smash Wii U and Amiibos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I know I am late to the discussion, but I just wanted to say that Super Smash is a terrific game and I am hooked! Using the Amiibo, I started over after the initial trial because I unthinkingly fed him all of the equipment I won. Now Amiibo Mario is level 35. He is wearing the Old Glory (flag of the U.S.) outfit. His stats are: Attack= +22, Defense= +3, and Speed= 0. I am still learning the ins and outs of the game, and I need to take him online for some fights (Sorry about that. No online for Amiibos). So, what is your primary Amiibo, what outfit is it wearing, and what is its stats?

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

I don't have a primary Amiibo and I don't know their specific stats, but I have them all and I'm leveling them up still. I think my highest leveled Amiibo is Samus at 45 or so.

The funnest thing about them is for me and my friends to make bets on who will win the 8 player matches.

Captain Falcon and Wii Fit Trainer have won the most so far.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Collie_Lover

@beastmodeboy:

If I understand the directions the Amiibos will fight on your side against other Amiibos? Do you have 16 fighters on the screen if everyone has an Amiibo? Or do you just have battles that only the Amiibo fight? Either would be pretty neat to see. It is not too hard to level up an Amiibo, but that is pretty impressive that you have a level 44 figure. Enjoy leveling all of your Amiibos and thanks for sharing!

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

@Collie_Lover said:

@beastmodeboy:

If I understand the directions the Amiibos will fight on your side against other Amiibos? Do you have 16 fighters on the screen if everyone has an Amiibo? Or do you just have battles that only the Amiibo fight? Either would be pretty neat to see. It is not too hard to level up an Amiibo, but that is pretty impressive that you have a level 44 figure. Enjoy leveling all of your Amiibos and thanks for sharing!

Where you hear that? The amiibo functions exactly like a CPU player in Smash mode. They can fight with, or against you depending on what team you put them in. There is no special condition to them. They take up a fighter slot, just like a CPU, so you cannot have 16 players.

I trained a Fox to lvl 50 and he's a force to be reckon with. I also have a Samus lvl 50 but she was solely trained by CPUs, so she's kinda dumb. I'm currently training a Megaman which is lvl 15 so far.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

So you cant play Amiibos yourself?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@thetravman said:

@Collie_Lover said:

@beastmodeboy:

Where you hear that? The amiibo functions exactly like a CPU player in Smash mode. They can fight with, or against you depending on what team you put them in. There is no special condition to them. They take up a fighter slot, just like a CPU, so you cannot have 16 players.

I trained a Fox to lvl 50 and he's a force to be reckon with. I also have a Samus lvl 50 but she was solely trained by CPUs, so she's kinda dumb. I'm currently training a Megaman which is lvl 15 so far.

They can still learn after reaching level 50, so fight against here yourself and she'll get better.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Collie_Lover

@thetravman:

I am sorry-its a game I barely know. I was confused when BeastmodeBoy said he and his friends have 8 player matches. I was asking how that worked-if you had 8 players and 8 Amiibo companions = 16 fighters? Your saying there are just 8 slots total in 8 player mode that can be filled with either players, non-Amiibo CPUs and Amibo CPUs correct? I see now that you don't have 16 fighter matches. Can you just have all Amiibos fighting Amiibos?

You have 2 characters leveled up to 50-nice. I was wondering if you could share the stats of at least one of your characters, so I know how well I am doing at feeding my Amiibo equipment (to improve its stats)?

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thetravman

BeastmodeBoy meant that he and his friends had 8 amiibo fighting each other. He didn't say anything about him or his friends playing. You can have 8 amiibo fighting at once but no player or CPU can join after that point.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Collie_Lover

@SoAmazingBaby:

I am not trying to spread incorrect information on purpose here, lol! I wish others more knowledgeable about Amiibo play would talk about them in more detail. It seems you can't control the Amiibo yourself in gameplay. You fight them or they fight alongside you (in a team match?).

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thetravman

@Collie_Lover said:

@thetravman:

You have 2 characters leveled up to 50-nice. I was wondering if you could share the stats of at least one of your characters, so I know how well I am doing at feeding my Amiibo equipment (to improve its stats)?

I didn't feed them any stats. I prefer them to fight with their raw skill.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Collie_Lover

@thetravman

Ok, that is neat that you can have matches to see the Amiibo fight each other.

You can't use Amiibo on-line right? I am ok with that if you can't. I guess I need to get a game guide.

So your not feeding Amiibo any stats to see them fight with raw skill-interesting. Are some of the Amiibo better than others or are they all pretty balanced in ability?

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Collie_Lover

I picked up a game guide for Super Smash Bros Wii U for $13.77 at my local Gamestop. I haven't really had time yet to do more than scan it quickly. The artwork in the game guide is nice. It occurred to me recently, that Amiibos should continue to work with compatible games, even if Nintendo is no longer supporting the Wii U in the future (since the figures and games are not dependent on on-line service). So you are getting free code with the figure or a free figure with the code.