So I got the Last Story for Christmas......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts

And wow what a game. I can't believe I missed it when it came out. I'm about 6 hours in and I absolutely love the game. I was curious if anyone knew if there was going to be a sequel or another entry for this game. I'm playing on my Wii U and I think it looks fantastic (other then the framerate occasionally dipping)

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Last Story was made by Sakaguchi the father of Final Fantasy. He is the guy behind Mistwalker and has made such gems as Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and of course Last Story. They are working on a mobile game now if memory serves. I don't think they have any plans for Last Story 2. I've been praying for Lost Odyssey 2 myself.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/29/final-fantasy-creator-jokes-about-ps4-version-of-the-last-story-talks-future-console-development/

Sakaguchi talks about future console development in this article. Sounds like he would want nintendo to help out with publishing costs. Also may be more interested in PS4.

Hopefully Nintendo will work with him. The more RPGS on a nintendo platform, the better if you ask me!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

You might want to stop now so the ending doesn't ruin your love for the game. ;p

Their way of ramping up the difficulty is by taking all the fun mechanics away near the end. I haven't been that frustrated with a game in years, not just because of the difficulty, but because of the wasted potential. If they had made the fun parts MORE fun at the end, it would've been an amazing game.

So... brace yourself. Hopefully it won't crush your spirit as much as it did mine.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@JordanElek: I actually enjoyed the game as it went on haha. Very simplistic story but the combat and locales got more interesting to me. Side quests and arena stuff gets really entertaining the further you go if I remember correctly.

HORRIBLE FRAMERATE that gets worse the further in you go, and the last battle is a slide show.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Oh cool. Nintendo needs to talk with him then. Get him on The Last Story 2 and include The Last Story updated for Wii U. Smooth out that frame rate and improve the textures. That would be awesome.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I'm intending to play it one day too. Out of the three RPG's (Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story), I've only played Xenoblade Chronicles.

zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zerosaber456

I never played Xenoblade Chronicles. I would like to but I understand it's hard (and expensive) to find that game now. But I just clocked in a few more hours into the last story and it's been all-rise. I hope the game keeps up with the momentum and that there is another entry into the series ha ha

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I keep forgetting to finish the game. I made it pretty far in and then just stopped all the sudden. I can't even remeber how far I had gotten.

Cheddarchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 105

#11 Cheddarchet
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

Sad to say I have the game still sitting un-played on a shelf at home. All this talk about it is making me want to finally open it up though, so that might just be the first thing I do...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#12 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It's a very good game. Definitely worth playing for fans of JRPGs.

zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zerosaber456

I find the Last Story one of better RPGs I have played in recent memory. I clocked in a few more hours and to me it's short of masterpiece

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@zerosaber456: The only real issue I had with it was that the framerate was inconsistent. I wouldn't quite call it a masterpiece but it's definitely a really great game. Plus it's relatively short for an RPG which means the story is always moving but never feels rushed (took me around 25- 26 hours to do everything).

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#15  Edited By so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I got the limited edition when it came out and was impressed - for a while. The fighting mechanics undermine themselves, the crossbow is superfluous, the strategy overview has minimal function, and there's too much going on too quickly. After XC, this game seemed undercooked.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

I recall enjoying The Last Story. There was certainly potential for a much better game if future installments were ever in the works, but that doesn't change the fact that the game managed to be a good game on its own merit. I probably need to go back and play the game again before I can say much about the mechanics in great detail, however.