Smash Bros 4 - Wish List

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Yes, it's this thread AGAIN.

Advertising
Remove single player campaign. Instead use 1-minute promotional cutscenes for each character (like tf2)

Characters:
Ghirahim - Legend of Zelda
Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong
Crystal - Star Fox Adventures
Andy - Advance Wars
Isaac - Golden Sun
Bowser Junior - Super Mario
Rosalina - Super Mario Galaxy
Dark Samus - Metroid
Ridley - Metroid
(Imported) Mii - Wii Sports

Expected Character Cuts
Jigglypuff, Lucario, Wolf, Snake, Ike (replaced with other similar characters)

Multiplayer Additions
Co-op allowed online, doubles matches.
Ranked (without items and hazardous stages) and Unranked (with them) online
A leaderboard, EXP system, and able to wager points in games.
Weekly sanctioned online tournaments Saturday 6PM, with eshop points as prizes
Punishments for people who chronically drop games
Allow voice chat online (with disabled options).
Able to share and download created maps

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By blaaksheep
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

Brand new Characters arn't needed at all. i hope they bring back;

Captain Falcon/Ganondorf

Meta Knight

Pokemon Trainer or Charizard/Blastoise

Lucario/Mewtwo

Mr Game & watch

These are all top quality Characters which should 100% be in the roster

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

I doubt Lucario would make its way back for one more bout when Mienshao took his place as a new 'humanlike' pokémon fighter. To answer the other characters' return possibility,I haven't see a King Dedede in the list,Mr Game & Watch would need to come back as he is my best training dummy in the game,Ganon would be a strong possibility as he's the main nemesis to Link and Zelda.

The places I would like to see in there would be Terminal Velocity(Sonic's universe),and Fichina(Star Fox's universe)

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

I'd like to see Chrom and/or Lucina from FE: Awakening make it into the game (I'd like a really big character roster in general). And the FE stage must have Id: Purpose as one of the possible BGMs. I also would like an improved single-player storyline (if you wanna call it that), and a multiplayer that doesn't lag. And some character customization, maybe?

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blaaksheep

@Smashbrossive50: I don't know who mienshao is? IMO Mewtwo or Charizard would be my choice of pokemon to bring back, Both great characters

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#6 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Instead of asking for certain fighters because I think we all are expecting certain returns/cuts, I would like to suggest things Playstation All Stars introduced that would be good.

Alternate costumes: One thing that PS All Stars had that I liked was alternate costumes for each fighter. Not just a recolor, but a totally different outfit. For example. Ratchet's default outfit was his "Future Tools of Destruction" suit but beating his story mode unlocked his "Crack in Time" outfit but of course Sony was greedy and made 3rd and 4th outfits paid DLC. What was worse, there were a set of costumes that people who preordered got free but these were ON THE DISC, you know this because these alternate costumes show up when you play CPU characters.

But good guy Nintendo doesn't do the on disc DLC thing thankfully. But we saw in Brawl Wario had two versions: classic and Warioware, yet we didn't see this for other characters. Sure we had Dark Link which is cool, but how did they pass up having Old Snake (MSG4), Shadow (Sonic), Dark Samus and so on? So if anything I want to see better alternate skins for characters. I know plenty of Sonic fans who would be fine with a Shadow skin for Sonic. But I have a feeling we will see this. We already saw that the Wii Fit trainer has male and female skins and I have a strong feeling we'll see the same for the Villager (or at least we should). Also Rosalina should be an alternate skin for Peach as was Daisy. This is good as it reduces clones while making you feel like there are more characters to play with.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'd love to see Shulk in the game. I think he'd be ane xcellent addition. I'd also like to see more third party characters like Viewtiful Joe or Travis Touchdown (although they'd have to heavily censor the latter). I think it'd be neat. Also, if Meta Knight returns, nerf him.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 turtlethetaffer

@EnoshimaJunko: Pretty sure they said that they're only including 35 characters, sadly.

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EnoshimaJunko

@blaaksheep said:

@Smashbrossive50: I don't know who mienshao is? IMO Mewtwo or Charizard would be my choice of pokemon to bring back, Both great characters

Meinshao is a Fighting type Pokémon introduced in the 5th generation games (Black/White/Black2/White2). It looks like this:

And I wouldn't say it took Lucario's place.

@turtlethetaffer said:

@EnoshimaJunko: Pretty sure they said that they're only including 35 characters, sadly.

Is that bigger or smaller than in Brawl? Either way, I hope we get some cool characters to play as, especially the 2 I mentioned before.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 turtlethetaffer

@EnoshimaJunko: It's the same as Brawl.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I'll just be realistic and say that Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff (hopefully with new moves considering it's now a Fairy-type), Ness, and Yoshi will return because they have been unlockable characters since the original Smash Bros.

Falco or Wolf will either have a huge change in their fighting style or one of them will be cut out of the game. Sakurai and his team are more focused on balance than a large roster, therefore they want to differentiate characters as much as possible, just like how we're now seeing some noticeable differences between Toon Link and Link.

If they had to remove a Kirby character, it'll be King Dedede. He's not as relevant or popular as Metaknight.

Chrom will most likely replace Ike with a very similar fighting style.

Ganondorf's fighting style will change so it wouldn't be a Captain Falcon clone.

I don't think there will be more than four Super Mario characters, same goes for Zelda characters. Rosalina could be a potential Peach skin, like Daisy in Brawl.

Not sure about Dixie Kong, but she can easily be a Diddy Kong skin considering their similar body structure. Just like how there is a Male and Female Wii Fit Trainer.

Mr. Game and Watch will stay. There's no reason for him to be removed.

Snake is very questionable.

Lucario is EXTREMELY questionable. Lucario is well known for most Pokemon fans and now has a Mega Evolution. Same goes for Mewtwo and Blaziken. We previously thought Zoroark would replace Lucario, but that seems unlikely now.

Pokemon Trainer is questionable.

I see Ice Climbers returning.

R.O.B is questionable.

Lucas may be removed or will have a more unique fighting style.

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blaaksheep

@kbaily: good shout on adding distinctive alternative costumes, Nintendo could slowly release costumes throughout the year as free DLC. the new skins would look great splashed across the E-shop every month

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Smashbrossive50

@EnoshimaJunko: even if he wasn't chosen,traditions told that only one pokémon like that could take such challenge. standing on two feet,humanlike posture,and a fighting spirit. Eventhough back in SSB, I used to think that there was a myth about either Combusken or Blaziken would join up with the "Smashers"

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Smashbrossive50

@ANIMEguy10034: Snake would not make his comeback as he's been consumed by age. Remember how it feels like to be him back in SSBB? he relied on the RPG as one of his special move,maybe he should've think twice about how useful an empty RPG is

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ANIMEguy10034

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@ANIMEguy10034: Snake would not make his comeback as he's been consumed by age. Remember how it feels like to be him back in SSBB? he relied on the RPG as one of his special move,maybe he should've think twice about how useful an empty RPG is

But... it's a video game. The RPG had infinite ammo in Brawl and Old Snake kicked ass despite his age in MGS4. o.o

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blaaksheep

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@Smashbrossive50 said:

But... it's a video game. The RPG had infinite ammo in Brawl and Old Snake kicked ass despite his age in MGS4. o.o

Is there any other Multi-platform characters that are worthy enough to be in the roster?

Batman, Lego, Assasins creed, street fighter, Final fantasy?

Rayman could be awesome or maybe a star wars lego Darth vader lol

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ANIMEguy10034

@blaaksheep: Considering this game is being co-developed by Namco Bandai, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pac-Man as a newcomer. He used to be the most famous video game mascot and his games hugely impacted the video game industry back in the 80s. Pac-Man games have not been doing great recently and lost its charm outside of the arcade, but Pac-Man has an impressive legacy and I can't think of a third party character more worthy than him.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Smashbrossive50

@ANIMEguy10034: well,I used to have a theory in mind that says it's more painful to have being swatted by an empty RPG than the rocket warhead could.

@blaaksheep: Nintendo had too much copyright trouble if they put any of them together,they have this issue back in Brawl for Sonic's late entry and Snake,some of their respective contents were carefully selected to avoid copyright misuse,I wonder how uneasy it will be if the other third-party contents be implemented.

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blaaksheep

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@blaaksheep: Considering this game is being co-developed by Namco Bandai, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pac-Man as a newcomer. He used to be the most famous video game mascot and his games hugely impacted the video game industry back in the 80s. Pac-Man games have not been doing great recently and lost its charm outside of the arcade, but Pac-Man has an impressive legacy and I can't think of a third party character more worthy than him.

Great suggestion, the pacman stage would look amazing aswell

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

bring back full control of your midair dodge direction

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

all i care about is having fun, creative stages again, wacky speed, and isaac as a playable character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think some newer video game characters probably deserve a place in the game roster, though who knows if they'll get it:

Shantae the Genie

Quote (Cave Story)

Dillion the Armadillo

Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)

Shulk (Xenoblade)

Monster Hunter 4 Hero

Bayonetta chick

And someone from Zero Escape

Idk, just some ideas.

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EnoshimaJunko

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

If its being co-developed by Namco Bandai, I kinda wanna see KOS-MOS or a Tales character pop into SSB4. Although that is highly unlikely.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#24 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Wishlist:

Pokemon Trainer & Shulk (Xenoblade)

dbz987

Forum Posts