Shokio is correct

This topic is locked from further discussion.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

You could give some explanation, overview or anything in your OP, instead of just linking. Start a discussion.

For those who don't want to watch, here's the overview:

Basically his talk is in two parts:

- Against Nintendo fans who don't revolt

- Against Nintendo themselves because they're arrogant and don't know understand the fanbase

Overview:

- As consumers, we are entitled to request things from Nintendo. We are their consumers. For example, requesting fixs, features, etc.

- We should hold Nintendo to Microsoft/Sony standards with respect to features, such as party chat.

- We need to come together as a fanbase: Nintendo are out of touch and don't understand what we want. Examples: Mario 3D World should have had online multiplayer, Nintendo should be releasing their games faster. High ups at Nintendo themselves admit this.

- Nintendo doesn't want to simply survive, they want to grow and better themselves. And as gamers, we should want that. Therefore, Nintendo should be listening to their fans to help Nintendo grow. For example, getting features in there that the fans actually want.

- We make Nintendo listen to us by banding together.

- Earthbound an example of fans getting vocal on Miiverse. They got what they wanted. Similar things can be said for Sony.

- Nintendo being arrogant has been killing them, for example, using cartridges on N64, Mini Disc on GCN, SD on Wii.

- Nintendo has a bad image, and they need to fix it. Nintendo is oblivious to this problem.

- Fanbase has people who don't understand Shokio's point.

- Fanbase has people who don't know/understand/ignore the facts. Such as having online in their games as not possible. Fanbase gets feelings in the way of the facts.

- We should be able to request games like F Zero, Star Fox, etc. These games do sell, and variety on the system also sells the system.

- Bottom line: Don't just let Nintendo do their own thing. We should be vocal against Nintendo's arrogance. Nintendo needs to better themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Besides Nintendo just plain screwing up on a lot of things, they really only pay attention to japan right now which is their biggest problem. Why were Wii U and Wii not as powerful as they could've been? Energy costs in Japan are WAY more than they are in the west, and more than that they also wanted small consoles because Japan is so cramped. I can appreciate a small, efficient console but these things don't really matter in the West. Biggest reason why Nintendo doesn't target bigger 3rd party games very much? Most of them come from the west and they're so focused on Japan.

Though you have to give props to Nintendo for one thing, they've become the go to for indies.

But nintendo's games today, I am so sick of seeing games a 3 year old could beat (kirby, new mario games, yoshi) and the constant barrage of copy and paste games (new super mario bros, then take a look at that DS yoshi game, it's the same template) and not making more challenging and ambitious games like they used to. I don't give a crap about the next Smash and MK, they're the same game i've played since I had an N64 and they're just party games, i'd still play them with friends but i'm not buying them.

It's sad when i'm only getting 2 retail games on Wii U this year so far, and one of them is Bayonetta 2, not even made by Nintendo, AND we have no idea when it'll be out. They take sooo long to make games, Tropical freeze looks amazing but more than 3 years? Nintendo needs to get their developers organized and ready for new hardware from here on out.

I will say one thing about Nintendo pushing back release dates - I don't think they do it just to fill in gaps, because DK has saw big improvements these last few months, and they still have big gaps anyways. If a game gets delayed, it needed to be. Blame Nintendo's painfully long development cycles.

All that said, I still love my Wii U, but damn things have to change

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Too many platformer games from Nintendo be it on 3DS/WiiU & 2D/3D..Im tired of it, feels samey, samey. That's is why can't wait for MK & Bayonetta 2..to be release (well its actually X but since these 2 will comes first). Im getting DKC:TF so I maybe contradicting myself..maybe not..since I skip cat mario. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Big thanks for the overview, trugs!

I agree with some of the points he made and it's hard to deny that Nintendo's doing a poor job handling their console. What annoys me the most is the lack of exclusive third party titles. People wouldn't be complaining about how long it's taking Nintendo to release games if we had some third party games to play with while we waited. Multiplats will obviously sell poorly because way too many people already own the much cheaper PS3 or 360, and those games will sell even worse if developers continue to take away features from the Wii U version, like online multiplayer or DLC. Nintendo consoles are not known for their third party support, but we should at least have something more than just Bayonetta to look forward to in 2014. Hopefully those who are interested on Bayonetta 2 actually buy it. A successful third party exclusive can attract developers that are hesitant to support the console.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@superbuuman said:

Too many platformer games from Nintendo be it on 3DS/WiiU & 2D/3D..Im tired of it, feels samey, samey. That's is why can't wait for MK & Bayonetta 2..to be release (well its actually X but since these 2 will comes first). Im getting DKC:TF so I maybe contradicting myself..maybe not..since I skip cat mario. :P

Cat mario was so weird. I skipped that game too since it's not a true 3d mario and i'm getting sick of mario anyways, and they're too easy. They really need to impress with the next one for me to care about it.

Tropical freeze will be great, 3 days left!

fatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 fatee
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts

This site isn't for hot-linking.

Post some meat in your created topic or don't post at all.