Sa1nT_Ch3wy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sa1nT_Ch3wy
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts

Just wondering if its normal to get screen tearing? I have noticed it on Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I find it very annoying and distracting since I am mainly a PC gamer. The thing is though, the screen tearing is always in the same spot of the screen.

Also I have been looking into getting a Wii U. Does that have screen tearing as well?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I've never, ever seen screen tearing on either the Wii or Wii U. Maybe it's your display?

You occasionally might see it if you're playing off-screen play on the Wii U gamepad.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I have never experienced screen tearing in any of the games listed. Something is probably wrong with the connection to the TV.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

Yeah man I had to look up what that was because I've never experienced it. Gotta something with the display

Sa1nT_Ch3wy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sa1nT_Ch3wy
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts

Okay do any of you use a hdmi converter? Wii2Hdmi to be precise

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

It's been quite a while since i've played brawl or TP, but mario galaxy is certainly tear free. Must be your converter thingy. try seeing if it goes away without the converter.

@trugs26 said:

I've never, ever seen screen tearing on either the Wii or Wii U. Maybe it's your display?

You occasionally might see it if you're playing off-screen play on the Wii U gamepad.

Didn't you say you played darksiders 2? that game had a bunch of screen tearing.. also the gamepad is a 1:1 mirror to the tv output , it doesn't add screen tearing the tv doesn't get.

Wii U is great with v-sync but a lot of shoddy ports still have tearing.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Chozofication said:

It's been quite a while since i've played brawl or TP, but mario galaxy is certainly tear free. Must be your converter thingy. try seeing if it goes away without the converter.

@trugs26 said:

Didn't you say you played darksiders 2? that game had a bunch of screen tearing.. also the gamepad is a 1:1 mirror to the tv output , it doesn't add screen tearing the tv doesn't get.

Wii U is great with v-sync but a lot of shoddy ports still have tearing.

Right, if that is true, then yeah, Darksiders 2 has screen tearing then. Hard to notice since I don't see the TV and gamepad at the same time when playing (TV is off), and hadn't seen it happen on my TV when I play only on that.