Psyclone Inductive Charger (PX6523)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moses341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 moses341
Member since 2002 • 157 Posts

Bought this thing at Best Buy, paid 50.00 for it. It came with 4 rechargable batteries and

the charging pad. Appears to work, meaning the lights are red initially, and turn green when

your remote's battery is fully charged (or so you think). Simply doesn't work - Even after

the indicator light is green, the charge is very weak and doesn't last long at all. According

to the packaging, a full charge is supposed to last 10 hours or more. More like 15 minutes.

If you go to google or bling and type in "psyclone px6523", you get nothing. I can't even find

information on this thing from PSYCLONE'S WEBSITE... I should've known better than to buy

something without checking the forums first. Anyway, my lesson learned - you're mistake if

you read this and still buy one. If you own one of these and it works for you, I'd love to hear

what you're doing different than me. Maybe I'm making some kind of mistake, but I doubt it -

all you have to do is lay the remote down, not that complicated. Very disappointed in this

product.

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

Bought this thing at Best Buy, paid 50.00 for it. It came with 4 rechargable batteries and

the charging pad. Appears to work, meaning the lights are red initially, and turn green when

your remote's battery is fully charged (or so you think). Simply doesn't work - Even after

the indicator light is green, the charge is very weak and doesn't last long at all. According

to the packaging, a full charge is supposed to last 10 hours or more. More like 15 minutes.

If you go to google or bling and type in "psyclone px6523", you get nothing. I can't even find

information on this thing from PSYCLONE'S WEBSITE... I should've known better than to buy

something without checking the forums first. Anyway, my lesson learned - you're mistake if

you read this and still buy one. If you own one of these and it works for you, I'd love to hear

what you're doing different than me. Maybe I'm making some kind of mistake, but I doubt it -

all you have to do is lay the remote down, not that complicated. Very disappointed in this

product.

moses341

My next step would be to return it to Best Buy, throw a fit, and get my money back. Good luck.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Return it and get rechargeable batteries

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="moses341"]

product.

JERMINITIS

My next step would be to return it to Best Buy, throw a fit, and get my money back. Good luck.

Yeah man, Best Buy is usually pretty good with returns. This would be your best bet! You should ALWAYS be happy with your purchases, if you are not, return them and get something else!

Hellyeah42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Hellyeah42
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I know this is an old forum, but this is the closest I've come to any explanation in my search about this product, and I hope that others find it and that what I have to say is helpful. :DHere goes:

I too have noticed that the Wii-Motes don't hold the longest charge, or at least they don't register that way to the system when hitting the home button, but they are only suppose to last roughly 10 hours where as Alkaline batteries should give 25ish, so this makes sense to me. I never had a problem until The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out with an annoying low battery feature that reminds you quite abruptly that you must rush out and buy more:x.

Anyway, to what I really wanted to let people know about:P:

I was working on my house about a month ago installing an outlet, and I had to find the right breaker, well when it was all said and done my Psyclone started just flashing red light on all four charge points.:|???... I tried everything; unplugging it and counting to 20, flipping the on/off switch to off for a day, I searched the net for recalls, failed at getting Best Buy to even admit that they ever carried the darn thing:evil:, etc. I was ready to drop the batteries in their recycle thing at the front of the store:(. I decided to take it apart and look for something gone wrong, I found nothing, not even a scorch mark on the circuit board...

:idea:Then it came to me, I had exhausted every option, I had nothing to loose, it was time to do what every electronic user manual says :!:NOT:!:to do: I put the batteries on it, plugged it in and unplugged it with the power on over, and over, faster then slower, until I plugged it in and saw bright, solid red.

Somehow like a universal remote can find a TVs code by pressing power, channel up, power channel up, until it finds the right code, I had reset my inductive charger to detect its batteries!

If this is useful to someone:cool:, please reply and let us all know about it, or if it was just a lousy piece of junk that had no other purpose but to be scrapped:cry:.

Oh, and Thanks for reading! ;)