Pokemon X&Y are rather shit...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

I don't get why everyone raved on about them, I find them to be the worst I've ever played... though I have only played the first three in the series and skipped 4/5.

Why is the game so linear now? Why does the first several hours feel like a tutorial? Why is the pacing all weird? Why is the movement broken? Like they designed it for digital movement and the analogue stick is too sensitive. Why is the world still built on the grid system? Everything feels so square and fake, you could literally port the game to the original gameboy and have it be one to one, it might be 3D but it fucking sucks.

It is so easy as well, I literally just played it hitting a button over and over and put no thought into it what so ever. What is up with the crap story? I'd have thought by now that they'd actually build a story into the game, I don't even understand what is going on other than Ginger people trying to take over the world...

The game is shit.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I liked it. I thought Ruby/Saphire was very uninspired in comparison.

Gen 1/2 are fantastic of course.

All the pokemon games let you just select a strong attack and move on, this is no different.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

XY are my favorite since Red/Blue. Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby much like the originals were crap.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#4  Edited By Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

I enjoyed X. The story wasn't anything special, it had its moments but it wasn't an epic. It was OK. I enjoyed the gameplay and interaction - time-consuming, yes, but fun. I guess some things you didn't like are now taken as Pokemon tradition - grid movement, for example, because without it, longtime Pokemon fans might go 'wot is hepon.' :P I would, too, for random encounters >.<

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I love Pokemon games, and I didn't like XY due to how linear it felt as well.

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

I didn't think that X/Y was terrible, but it had some flaws. Not what I'd call the best entry in the series.

But I never got why a common complaint is "the game is too linear" and "the game is too easy". People, Pokemon has always been linear and easy. You've always had to get the badges in the same order for every game (bar Kanto in G/S/C/HG/SS to some degree), you've always had to deal with the villain team at certain parts in the story, you always needed to get a certain HM or deal with a certain NPC at specific times in order to advance. It's just that lately they've been making us take a literally linear path on the map. And the only reasons the older games seem a little harder than the newer ones is because of your own inexperience with Pokemon back in the day, as well as Pokemon having shitty level-up movepools, TMs not being re-usable until Gen V, the lack of the physical/special split screwing over some Pokemon, etc.

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

I haven't played it yet but I found ORAS to be HORRIBLY dumbed down. Don't get me wrong it looked amazing and was my first 3DS game so I was super impressed with graphics updates but really was disappointed how easy it was. Not one gym/trainer caused a black out and really the game wasn't a challenge at all.

My summary of the game play as a 22 year old old pkmn fan:

Here's how you do this... here's an HM... here come with me... here's another badge... here's this pokemon... here's another HM... here lets go get this badge.... OKAY YOU BEAT THE GAME!!!!

How it felt to me anyway... I'll be playing X/Y since I've played every generation but I'm not expecting much after Omega Ruby (difficulty/plot wise that is)

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Yeah, generation six straight up sucked for me. Been a fan of the first five to various degrees but the sixth one was not good.

Palafoxg17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Palafoxg17
Member since 2015 • 44 Posts

X and Y are pretty bad due to the fact there isn't as much good legendaries.