POKEMON X AND Y Mega Evolution Thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

How do you feel about this? I love the idea

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
I still don't know what the point of all that is....what's the limitations, can it be used in competitive battles, is it a offline only feature...I'm still confused and a little overwhelmed by it
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Not gonna make any judgment calls on how it works in game until I see more on what it does and how it will affect the metagame. I DO like how they look though.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I like it but I don't know how it would completely work also I hope they do a Mega evolution for every Pokémon; If not just one for every starter Pokémon.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
did we really need another thread? anyway, i'm all for them. they look cool and some of my favorite pokemon were the ones chosen to get those new stages, so i don't see why i'd not like it.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
I guess I don't understand what the point is. How is it any different from a regular evolution? It must work different since it's distinctly different but that's all a mystery right now. Personally, I think it's a terrible idea.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
TBH, it kinda sucks. Some of these Pokemon needed a full-on evolution's, such as Absol and Mawile, but instead are getting screwed over and stuck with this instead. while others such as Mewtwo where fine as they where and didn't need it at all. Also to be honest, aside from Ampharos who they somehow managed to make look even more awesome than he already is, and is a freaking Electric/Dragon now, there designs are the first from Gen VI that I've seen and instantly disliked.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I need to know more about how they work for me to say.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I say it looks nice so far, but I'm gonna wait & see how it'll all plays out.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I think it is a cool concept right now, but until I know more about it I can really say.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

MEGAULTRASUPERKABUTERIMON!!!

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Rod90

D-D-DIGIVOLVE INTO ULTIMATE!! MEGA DIGIVOLVE!!

towny_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 towny_
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts
It looks good, and it's a really good way to add more to older pokemon without just adding pre-evolutions
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

Rod90
Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

They all look awesome!!

until i realized it was only their temporary battle form..

kinda bummed, and wasted oppurtunities for actrual evo's.

Especially for Absol and Mawhile.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 turtlethetaffer

They all look awesome!!

until i realized it was only their temporary battle form..

kinda bummed, and wasted oppurtunities for actrual evo's.

Especially for Absol and Mawhile.

Hakumen21

Mawile's is dumb... All it is is an extra mouth.

Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Soulreavercross
Mega Kangaskhan's ability is cool. It can attack twice in a turn, making it able to sweep almost anything once trained offensively
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 turtlethetaffer

Mega Kangaskhan's ability is cool. It can attack twice in a turn, making it able to sweep almost anything once trained offensivelySoulreavercross

I personally don't like that idea.  It's going to make Kangaskhan OP as hell, unless they come up with something as broken to counter it.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rod90

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]Mega Kangaskhan's ability is cool. It can attack twice in a turn, making it able to sweep almost anything once trained offensivelyturtlethetaffer

I personally don't like that idea.  It's going to make Kangaskhan OP as hell, unless they come up with something as broken to counter it.

Pokémon in 2013 for you :(
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Soulreavercross
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]Mega Kangaskhan's ability is cool. It can attack twice in a turn, making it able to sweep almost anything once trained offensivelyRod90

I think the whole 'mega' thing is OP, unless they have a way to balance it properly.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rod90
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Soulreavercross

I think the whole 'mega' thing is OP, unless they have a way to balance it properly.

10 year old kids LOVE things that are OP. So they will remain OP.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]Mega Kangaskhan's ability is cool. It can attack twice in a turn, making it able to sweep almost anything once trained offensivelyturtlethetaffer

It's already countered by every fighting type with speed over 90 or a Choice Scarf.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Soulreavercross

Yeah but... Attacking twice in one turn?

yoocon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 yoocon
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts

i must say they are really sexy beast

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Rip-off of Digimon plus some of the evolutions look really ugly. 

I hated Blaziken and Ampharos. But I liked Lucario and Mewtwo.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

The whole Mega thing can pretty much balance itself, at least if all the necessary precautions are met.

Competetively they will probably either be uber, or if they are even stronger than that they will be in their own "Mega Pokemon" tier. In which case no one would need to worry about them standard tornaments.

Going with what i said above, hopefully they will be banned from random matches online. That way people don't have to worry about fighting random megas online. If Game Freak does it right they have have their own online setting where people can do "only mega" matches.

In game, well it really comes down to you. You can either choose to use them or not. Each player will have the choice whether they want to use the Megas or not. It isn't like we are forced to use them in game (at least as far as we know). if you think they are cheap then don't use them, if you don't think they are cheap and/or don't care if they are, then by all means use them.

It takes up an item slot so at least it won't be that cheap, i guess. Plus they look cool and it is something new.

If Game Freak takes all the necessary precautions then everything will be fine. It really won't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. At least the way I see it.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Toxic-Seahorse

The whole Mega thing can pretty much balance itself, at least if all the necessary precautions are met.

Competetively they will probably either be uber, or if they are even stronger than that they will be in their own "Mega Pokemon" tier. In which case no one would need to worry about them standard tornaments.

Going with what i said above, hopefully they will be banned from random matches online. That way people don't have to worry about fighting random megas online. If Game Freak does it right they have have their own online setting where people can do "only mega" matches.

In game, well it really comes down to you. You can either choose to use them or not. Each player will have the choice whether they want to use the Megas or not. It isn't like we are forced to use them in game (at least as far as we know). if you think they are cheap then don't use them, if you don't think they are cheap and/or don't care if they are, then by all means use them.

It takes up an item slot so at least it won't be that cheap, i guess. Plus they look cool and it is something new.

If Game Freak takes all the necessary precautions then everything will be fine. It really won't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. At least the way I see it.

sman3579

Even if it works fine I still hate the idea. It seems pretty stupid and compeltely uneccessary. 

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I don't care. Every Pokemon game has been good and this wont be any different.

Avatar image for DragonHuntress7
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DragonHuntress7
Member since 2013 • 138 Posts
It looks good, and it's a really good way to add more to older pokemon without just adding pre-evolutionstowny_
Yeah, half of them look good the other half should have been left alone (but that's just my personal taste on the ones that have been released.) but definitely I can see why the game designers have introduced this, and like every new thing it has its pros and cons. I can see many fans creating a hell of a lot of OC art from it
The pre-evolutions... That is another story...
TopStarRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TopStarRacer
Member since 2010 • 5732 Posts

Something I'm having trouble understanding is the point of altering types during a Mega evolution. Ampharos will become part Dragon...but how is he supposed to learn dragon moves if he's only Dragon temporarily? Is it just for the weakness chart?

SuperMoover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SuperMoover
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I welcome it. Snorlax would be a good Pokemon to have a Mega-evolution.
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DragonHuntress7

Something I'm having trouble understanding is the point of altering types during a Mega evolution. Ampharos will become part Dragon...but how is he supposed to learn dragon moves if he's only Dragon temporarily? Is it just for the weakness chart?

TopStarRacer
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking he will be able to learn dragon moves because he is holding the Mega Stone..
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="TopStarRacer"]

DragonHuntress7
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking he will be able to learn dragon moves because he is holding the Mega Stone..

But then what happens when you take it away? He loses those moves? That doesn't make any sense. I'm really curious to know exactly how this works. It sounds incredibly lame and unnecessary right now.
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DragonHuntress7
[QUOTE="DragonHuntress7"][QUOTE="TopStarRacer"]

Toxic-Seahorse

But then what happens when you take it away? He loses those moves? That doesn't make any sense. I'm really curious to know exactly how this works. It sounds incredibly lame and unnecessary right now.

Maybe you can't take the Mega Stone off the Pokemon once it is on there? Like all the other stones that make Pokemon evolve it can't be reversed. That seems a bit silly to lose an attack. I hope that doesn't happen...
I really don't know. I'm just as lost on this as anyone else. There's no info on Bulbapedia about it. I guess we'll just have to wait until the game is released.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="DragonHuntress7"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="DragonHuntress7"] I'm not sure, but I'm thinking he will be able to learn dragon moves because he is holding the Mega Stone..

Maybe you can't take the Mega Stone off the Pokemon once it is on there? Like all the other stones that make Pokemon evolve it can't be reversed. That seems a bit silly to lose an attack. I hope that doesn't happen...
I really don't know. I'm just as lost on this as anyone else. There's no info on Bulbapedia about it. I guess we'll just have to wait until the game is released.

If that is the case and it acts like an element stone then why isn't it just a standard evolution? It would be the exact same thing.... We really need more information on this. :P
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DragonHuntress7
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="DragonHuntress7"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] But then what happens when you take it away? He loses those moves? That doesn't make any sense. I'm really curious to know exactly how this works. It sounds incredibly lame and unnecessary right now.

If that is the case and it acts like an element stone then why isn't it just a standard evolution? It would be the exact same thing.... We really need more information on this. :P

Nintendo/Game Freak just want to do something crazy and new to keep the fans interested.