NSMB Wii: 10 million sold in North America

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

Wow quite a bit sold for just the one region. I don't have have my copy anymore, not sure what I did with it.

Source

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
@Avatar_Taxidous said:

Wow quite a bit sold for just the one region. I don't have have my copy anymore, not sure what I did with it.

Source

just goes to show...nintendo 1st party is unmatched.

if wiiU was the leading console this gen....mario kart8 would have been at 10million global already.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I never finished my copy. I thought it was a crappy side scroller. All it did was make me want to play Super Mario World, which was a fraction of the price on the shop channel.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I still have my copy of New Super Mario Wii this game was released in 2009 and has just now sold 10 million copies. Nintendo first party games do have staying power. There games continue to sell years after release. With just over 100 million Wii sold since 2006 1 in 10 owners have this game. Or roughly since 100.9 million Wii consoles have been sold. Not bad Nintendo

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@Avatar_Taxidous said:

Source

if wiiU was the leading console this gen....mario kart8 would have been at 10million global already.

Nah. It shows the superiority in strategy of Nintendo's during the DS/Wii era over the 3DS/Wii U era strategy. Either or the latter two systems would love to have a game do as well as NSMB Wii has done in just one region, as explosive sales was almost the norm for the Wii's and DS' biggest titles. It's proof that Nintendo has fallen incredibly fast in such a relatively short period of time, regardless of if the first party content is there or not.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KBFloYd

@Madmangamer364 said:

@KBFloYd said:
@Avatar_Taxidous said:

Source

Nah. It shows the superiority in strategy of Nintendo's during the DS/Wii era over the 3DS/Wii U era strategy. Either or the latter two systems would love to have a game do as well as NSMB Wii has done in just one region, as explosive sales was almost the norm for the Wii's and DS' biggest titles. It's proof that Nintendo has fallen incredibly fast in such a relatively short period of time, regardless of if the first party content is there or not.

nah...

if the wiiU was winning the console war mario kart 8 would be at 10 million because nintendo 1st party is better than everything.

nintendo's hardware is what holds them back... when the two combine as we saw in the wii/DS era they are unstoppable.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@KBFloYd:

The technical gap between the Wii U and its competition is no greater than it was doing the Wii era and the consoles it competed against; heck, the Wii U's gap is probably a lot smaller. Hardware alone doesn't explain the difference in success between the two consoles. Nintendo's approach and how it has targeted consumers, however, is night-and-day different from what it was with the Wii and DS. Saying Nintendo's first party is superior is subjective, especially when most of those games aren't setting the world on fire. It's how Nintendo uses its games and hardware to show why their consoles matter that makes the strongest case, and the Wii U fails in this regard outside of showing established games with new face lifts to sell systems.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KBFloYd

@Madmangamer364 said:

@KBFloYd:

The technical gap between the Wii U and its competition is no greater than it was doing the Wii era and the consoles it competed against; heck, the Wii U's gap is probably a lot smaller. Hardware alone doesn't explain the difference in success between the two consoles. Nintendo's approach and how it has targeted consumers, however, is night-and-day different from what it was with the Wii and DS. Saying Nintendo's first party is superior is subjective, especially when most of those games aren't setting the world on fire. It's how Nintendo uses its games and hardware to show why their consoles matter that makes the strongest case, and the Wii U fails in this regard outside of showing established games with new face lifts to sell systems.

we are saying almost the same thing...

when i said hardware i meant the wiimote....they came up with great revolutionary hardware last gen combined with their games was beastly.

this gen their hardware innovations were poor according to consumers. this made game sales suffer dramatically

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

You cant even buy a Wii U in the UK without looking hard for one, they are not in any Super Markets unlike Ps4 and X1 and even a couple game shops have not bothered to stock it anymore.

If you want a Wii U in the UK you will have to order it online, or go the town centre to a dedicated game shop and hope they still bother to sell it.

Getting games for it here is the same story, its one thing thats put me off getting the Wii U.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd

@thehig1 said:

You cant even buy a Wii U in the UK without looking hard for one, they are not in any Super Markets unlike Ps4 and X1 and even a couple game shops have not bothered to stock it anymore.

If you want a Wii U in the UK you will have to order it online, or go the town centre to a dedicated game shop and hope they still bother to sell it.

Getting games for it here is the same story, its one thing thats put me off getting the Wii U.

nintendo of europe are idiots...they need to hire some better people over there.

reggie does a decent job in north america but not nearly as good as iwata in japan.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@thehig1 said:

nintendo of europe are idiots...they need to hire some better people over there.

reggie does a decent job in north america but not nearly as good as iwata in japan.

Its a shame, there are potential for more Wii U sales in the UK, first of all Nintendo need to let the UK know the Wii U is not a peripheral to the Wii.

You wouldn't believe how many people I know still think the Wii U is not a console and just an add on tablet to the Wii

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Avatar_Taxidous said:

Source

That's disgustingly bad.

Mario just doesn't have the power he did in the 90's or even the 2000's