This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedMarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RedMarch
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
What's guys I have couple of questions about Wii before I go out and get one. 1. Can you play online with other people 2. Can I play Game Cube games on Wii 3. Do I need SD card to update the system thanks
PoindeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PoindeJ
Member since 2005 • 686 Posts

1. Yes, though it depends on the game.

2. Yep, every one, as long as you have a controller and a memory card.

3. Nope, though it's useful to have one if you run out of space on your Wii memory. You just need an internet connection to get Wii System Updates.

-John_Connor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -John_Connor-
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

What's guys I have couple of questions about Wii before I go out and get one. 1. Can you play online with other people 2. Can I play Game Cube games on Wii 3. Do I need SD card to update the system thanks RedMarch

1. Do you have wireless internet or a USB LAN adapter for your Wii and a wired internet connection? If so, then you may play online if you properly complete the connection process.

2. You can if you can put the discs in the slot.

3. No. All updates are done via the internet.

I have a question for you. What did Billy Bob Thornton say to the kid in Bad Santa when he couldn't tell if the kid was ignorant or was just messing with him?

RedMarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RedMarch
Thanks guys
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
What a cute thread.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#6 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

1. Yes with some games, no with others.

2. Yes

3. No.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

[QUOTE="RedMarch"]What's guys I have couple of questions about Wii before I go out and get one. 1. Can you play online with other people 2. Can I play Game Cube games on Wii 3. Do I need SD card to update the system thanks -John_Connor-

1. Do you have wireless internet or a USB LAN adapter for your Wii and a wired internet connection? If so, then you may play online if you properly complete the connection process.

I have a question for you. What did Billy Bob Thornton say to the kid in Bad Santa when he couldn't tell if the kid was ignorant or was just messing with him?

3. Some new games may update your Wii too. The disk will contain such update and no internet connection is required
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

What's guys I have couple of questions about Wii before I go out and get one. 1. Can you play online with other people 2. Can I play Game Cube games on Wii 3. Do I need SD card to update the system thanks RedMarch

You can also get updates by games. Newer wii games requre the updates. You can tell you need to update if you pop in the game and the picture does not show up the upper left hand screen. You click inside the screen and it will ask you to update.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
Something no one mentioned and is very important. You can only play gamecube games if you buy gamecube controllers and a gamecube memory card.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Something no one mentioned and is very important. You can only play gamecube games if you buy gamecube controllers and a gamecube memory card.T3H_1337_N1NJ4
"as long as you have a controller and a memory card." PoindeJ said it.
RedMarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RedMarch
Thanks for the info guys
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

[QUOTE="RedMarch"]What's guys I have couple of questions about Wii before I go out and get one. 1. Can you play online with other people 2. Can I play Game Cube games on Wii 3. Do I need SD card to update the system thanks -John_Connor-

Nobody Cares and no thats not an answer I'm just telling you nobody cares. Why? No one likes a smart***.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

1. Yep, just depends what game it is. Not all the games have Wi-Fi online.

2. Yep, just got to have a GameCube controller and a memory card as well.

3. Nope.

YoungFlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 YoungFlitz
Member since 2011 • 854 Posts
[QUOTE="PoindeJ"]

1. Yes, though it depends on the game.

2. Yep, every one, as long as you have a controller and a memory card.

3. Nope, though it's useful to have one if you run out of space on your Wii memory. You just need an internet connection to get Wii System Updates.

Pretty much this.
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

Thanks for the info guys RedMarch

welcome to 2011, u've missed out on almost 5 years worth of wii games, so i suggest u visit a store that sells pre-owned so u can still experience what we all might be bored off by now. unique gems (if ur old enough): Madworld, Hosue of the dead: Overkill, Dead Space: Extraction, Super Smash bros brawl, the Metroid trilogy and the Mario Galaxy series are some games u can't expereince elsewhere. i own a little over 12 wii games, bought it at aussie launch, same as my xobx a year earlier, yet i have over 50 games on the xbox. the wii offers some VERY unique experiences, so COLLECT THE CLASSICS!