nintendo tomb raider

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

In this thread we are going to pretend to be a team tasked with making a new Nintendo franchise. The new game will be inspired by such movies as Indiana Jones, Alan Quatermain, The Mummy, Jurassic Park, etc. The main character is a heroine related to Princess Peach (a sister, daughter, or cousin). What should we name the new hero? What should her profession be (archeologist/professor, an independent treasure hunter, a librarian, other)? What types of skills should she have? Would she have any magical abilities? What is her main weapon? Does she have any enemies from her past? Should the game be 2d or 3d? Should the game be level-based? That's all I can think of for now...

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

This is one area that Nintendo could improve. Uncharted is arguably one of the best franchises out now, and microsoft was so concerned they bought exclusivity right to tomb raider to compete. Nintendo is looking at the gaming market, which is why there is a splatoon out there. Basically a shooter for kids... so it's not far fetched to think nintendo would get into a game like this.

I would say, keep it 3D, a more realistic but fun world like the new zelda/monster hunter (not so cartoony) open world. I'd prefer a new IP, with the looks of Jak from Jak and dexter, or a Fire Emblem looking character. Skills and magic, i think I'd focus on the gameplay of platforming. Whatever helps with that. Main weapon, hmm fist, or a staff. I'd like to see a more cinematic format too.. focus on the story, gameplay and the world.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

@The-Butcher248:

I will have to take a closer look at Splatoon-a quick glance of the artwork reminded me of de Blob. Sometimes my first impressions are way off, lol! I will have to check out Zelda monster Hunter too.

Ok, for magic maybe the character could have limited access magic attacks like Mario has the fireball and iceball power-ups. With skills I was thinking the character could have some abilities along the lines of interpreting hieroglyphics, disabling traps, stealth, making animal companions, and summoning a mount. These need not be connected to an experience level advancement with a point spend, but simply unlock as the story progresses. Maybe other abilities not listed here would be neat too.