Nintendo: no amiibo figures have been discontinued

This topic is locked from further discussion.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

A Nintendo of America customer service representive (David Young) said that Wii Fit Trainer, the Villager, and Marth amiibo figures are not being discontinued according to a rumor spread throughout the Internet. In other words, no amiibo figures have been discontinued.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nintendo is holding them back and not producing them.

It's hair splitting by Nintendo

Are they discontinued? No

Is Nintendo currently making them? No

It's an artificial shortage

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

This would be stupid if they were to discontinue amiibos. Who had the idea that they were discontinued?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Would be horribly dumb of Nintendo to discontinue their new products right off the bat. I'm still glad I was able to grab some of the "rarer" ones immediately, but I'm sure these will be back in production in a bit.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

Would be horribly dumb of Nintendo to discontinue their new products right off the bat. I'm still glad I was able to grab some of the "rarer" ones immediately, but I'm sure these will be back in production in a bit.

Nope, Nintendo said they wont be making more once some figures have sold out of their initial runs

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

So essentially, they have been discontinued?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yokofox33

@Jaysonguy said:

@yokofox33 said:

Nope, Nintendo said they wont be making more once some figures have sold out of their initial runs

Yeah, I saw that statement from Nintendo after I posted that. I get the idea of not flooding the shelves with less popular characters, but come on. Anyway, now I'm super glad I have Marth and Villager in my possession. Kinda forces me to pre-order some other less popular characters now... Playing right into Nintendo's hands.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I like the idea of getting my hands on rarer ones. Damn nintendo and making something I could casually buy into a a must preorder now or lose chance of owning it. Lucario is back up for preorder btw. Lol got it right away was scared I missed out when preorders went away yesterday

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yokofox33

@AutoPilotOn said:

I like the idea of getting my hands on rarer ones. Damn nintendo and making something I could casually buy into a a must preorder now or lose chance of owning it. Lucario is back up for preorder btw. Lol got it right away was scared I missed out when preorders went away yesterday

I feel ya. I've pre-ordered all the exclusives (except Rosalina since she's not up yet) and all the ones I feel like have a chance of being rare. I just pre-ordered King Dedede, Little Mac, and Pit. I intended to only collect the Zelda figures and now I have 12 pre-ordered or ordered. I can always collect the popular ones at a later date.