Nintendo DS's touch screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FabioFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 FabioFresh
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts
Nintendo has been overdoing touch screen games. The only game I'm looking forward to is Zelda. The last I'm got was Star Fox which I don't play anymore cause of to much of the touch screen. I want a regular game like Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Bros. And don't get me started on to much anime art in these touch screen games. I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I can't stand anime!!!
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
Overdoing the touch screen? I say they're not using it enough.
linkdragon642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 linkdragon642
Member since 2004 • 1096 Posts
Overdoing the touch screen? I say they're not using it enough.Platyphyllum

I agree. The last two games I have gotten, FFIII and Castlevania: PoR, do not use the touch screen at all.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
You're not going to be happy, then, when you realize Zelda exclusively uses the touch screen.
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts
I love games that make smart use of the touch screen, yes.
DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts

Regular games are fine and all, but I honestly get more entertainment out of games that have clever usage of the touch screen.  I love how I can play games like Phoneix Wright, and Hotel Dusk by using only the stylus.  Another thing to consider, is all the people out there that haven't been able to play video games due to injury or birth defect.  If I were to lose the usage of one of my hands, I would feel blessed for having games based around the touch screen.  I know I'm talking about a small percentage of people, but these games are a lot easier to play for many people, than the complex controllers of our next-generation. 

The DS is a unique system.  I think that the more developers harness the DS's technology, the more it supports Nintendo's dream of creating something truly special.  Basically, if all we got were a bunch of regular games, we'd be better off with a new GameBoy, not a DS.

v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts

Yeah the games i have NSMB and Yoshi Island DS almost never use it.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Platyphyllum

Regular games are fine and all, but I honestly get more entertainment out of games that have clever usage of the touch screen. I love how I can play games like Phoneix Wright, and Hotel Dusk by using only the stylus. Another thing to consider, is all the people out there that haven't been able to play video games due to injury or birth defect. If I were to lose the usage of one of my hands, I would feel blessed for having games based around the touch screen. I know I'm talking about a small percentage of people, but these games are a lot easier to play for many people, than the complex controllers of our next-generation.

The DS is a unique system. I think that the more developers harness the DS's technology, the more it supports Nintendo's dream of creating something truly special. Basically, if all we got were a bunch of regular games, we'd be better off with a new GameBoy, not a DS.

DSfanatic5
I agree with you!
Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
*draws bow back takes aim and fires a mighty arrow, nails the bullseye*
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
No point in having a unique feature if they're not going to use it...
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
I agree as well, I would like to see more use made of the touch screen. It is one of the best parts of the DS!
streetcarp1115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 streetcarp1115
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I am impartial to the touchscreen. If a game requires it, I'll use it. If it is used creatively, I'll have no problem using it. A good example of creative use is Resident Evil. If you have to control using it, I would rather not use it. I really prefer games that give you the choice of using it or not. You can play the entire game or Final Fantasy 3 using it, but they also allow regular control options. And as far as games like Hotel Dusk and Elite Beat Agents go, I don't think I would play them just because they don't seem interesting to me at all. I just prefer regular controls to touchscreen controls.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"]Overdoing the touch screen? I say they're not using it enough.psychojakrabbit
*draws bow back takes aim and fires a mighty arrow, nails the bullseye*

*dodges* *throws a GBA at psychojakrabbit*