Nintendo Direct: Splatoon Edition on May 7

This topic is locked from further discussion.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

Nintendo Direct will be featuring a special Splatoon Edition on May 7th across North America, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

Here are the zone specific times:

North America – 10am EST/ 7am PST

UK – 3pm BST

Europe – 4pm CEST

Australia/New Zealand – Midnight AEST

Source: Nintendoeverything.com

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Im hoping they announce that they have achieved dual screen coop. They said maybe, so im sure they will let us know.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

This game looks like it could be good.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/05-07-2015/

Loading Video...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

wiimote better be announced

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

This game has gone downhill with almost every announcement. No Voice Chat, No Multiplayer custom options??? Hopefully this new direct will show us that they were kidding and the game has those as well as Pointer Control Options.

@KBFloYd said:

wiimote better be announced

This ^

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#6 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I just hope on 4vs4 offline with bots or a second player and different vs mode if possible if not some mutator like Unreal does, I still play U3 often even of it is close to or more than 10 years old just because you can change the gameplay dramatically with Mutators.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@nini200: I guess I don't see why people would be so upset about the game not having voice chat. I mean anyone who's ever played a game with voice chat before knows it's not all it's cracked up to be, and usually it's just there for people to trash-talk and insult each other and be rude. Very little team communication goes on, unless you're playing with some people on your friend list or something.

I know the technology is there for it and all, and Nintendo has had voice chat on its games before. (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl come to mind.) But I don't see where it makes games more enjoyable. I usually play online shooters without talking to other people, I know I'm not the only one, so maybe they figured they might as well just leave out the annoying chatter?

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

I hope Nintendo releases a demo for the game (perhaps w/ a limited online mode) as I think that would be helpful in getting more people to buy the game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nini200

@Ovirew said:

@nini200: I guess I don't see why people would be so upset about the game not having voice chat. I mean anyone who's ever played a game with voice chat before knows it's not all it's cracked up to be, (In Your Opinion) and usually it's just there for people to trash-talk and insult each other and be rude. Very little team communication goes on, unless you're playing with some people on your friend list or something.

I know the technology is there for it and all, and Nintendo has had voice chat on its games before. (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl come to mind.) But Idon't see where it makes games more enjoyable. I usually play online shooters without talking to other people, I know I'm not the only one, so maybe they figured they might as well just leave out the annoying chatter?

There is no reason this game shouldn't have voice chat. If you don't like or use it, fine, mute it but that is no excuse for them to not have it at all outside of them being completely lazy about it.

The real issue is the No Customizable Multiplayer. That is the true definition of pure laziness and I bet they charge the same price as games that have all those features included.

@Raptor_Herc said:

I hope Nintendo releases a demo for the game (perhaps w/ a limited online mode) as I think that would be helpful in getting more people to buy the game.

It's already a limited online mode in the real game though

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Hyped! Looking forward to this. I'm curious about the single player.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
@nini200 said:

There is no reason this game shouldn't have voice chat. If you don't like or use it, fine, mute it but that is no excuse for them to not have it at all outside of them being completely lazy about it.

In many of the next-gen games I own, it is difficult to mute other players. Usually there is no option to just turn off chat completely - usually you have to mute each and every player that comes along, every time a new group is formed for a match.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nini200

@Ovirew said:
@nini200 said:

In many of the next-gen games I own, it is difficult to mute other players. Usually there is no option to just turn off chat completely - usually you have to mute each and every player that comes along, every time a new group is formed for a match.

It must be very difficult for you to go up to their names and press the A button.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@nini200: The thing is, you shouldn't have to constantly turn everyone off. You would have to stop and do that during a match, wasting precious seconds where you could actually be playing the game. Every match or two, some other person will just come along and start talking and being annoying, or else they might not talk until a few minutes into a match.

Why anyone would want to play a game where they have to listen to other idiots is beyond me. I could only sit and watch so much of people on Twitch before they started irritating me, but maybe some people really like that kind of socializing.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200

@Ovirew said:

@nini200: The thing is, you shouldn't have to constantly turn everyone off. You would have to stop and do that during a match, wasting precious seconds where you could actually be playing the game. Every match or two, some other person will just come along and start talking and being annoying, or else they might not talk until a few minutes into a match.

Why anyone would want to play a game where they have to listen to other idiots is beyond me. I could only sit and watch so much of people on Twitch before they started irritating me, but maybe some people really like that kind of socializing.

As stated before, it must be very difficult for you to go up to their name and press the A button...

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

I actually hope there is no voice chat. i have heard things on xbox live that i cannot unhear. i seriously hate humanity when playing a game that has voice chat. people say the most foul things.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Ovirew said:

The thing is you don't have to listen to them because every game I have played gave players the ability to mute whomever they see fit. On the X1 all I have to do is put the earphones on the floor (while it is plugged in) and voila. I'd rather have voice chat and not use it than wanting it but not having it available. Everyone here has heard the reason why it isn't being implemented and it is just another fine example of Nintendo playing surrogate mommy and daddy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@Solaryellow: Yeah but is voice-chat really something you want to put into a game like Splatoon? Do you think it's worth it to put up with that sort of frustration in an online game that's made for everyone?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

A team based territorial game made for everyone yet you can not communicate in basic language? Pointing won't cut it this time around.Madness I say. I can even see not having chat when you are in a full on 1 vs All because there really isn't any use in talking to people you are killing or killing you but in a team based mode it is asinine not to include it.

Any aggravation could easily be alleviated if Nintendo wanted. Personally I don't find aggravation in communication in a game that can not be fixed.

I've put hundreds of hours into PvZ: GF and while it is rated E, you can converse verbally. The experience is good.