next metroid game!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts

The next metroid game need to be in 3rd person just imagine. Retro should have made metroid prime 3 a 3rd person game, look at the screens they could have easily made this game look exactly like this.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Screenshot

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Screenshot

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Picture

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

There will be no more Metroid Prime game.

You officially ended the Metroid Prime in Corruption ...

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

The day I see a teaser pic saying just "Metroid 5", I'll drool the new Pacific. As for the 3rd person, why not, change is good.

Haziqonfire

That's not the point, Haziq. :P

PrivateJessard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 PrivateJessard
Member since 2005 • 1257 Posts
They will still make more metroid games but not Metroid Prime. Maybe one for DS.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I like the first person perspective. It's unique for an adventure game, and really puts you into the experience. Besides, Nintendo already has a third person adventure game series.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wintry_Flutist

I like the first person perspective. It's unique for an adventure game, and really puts you into the experience. Besides, Nintendo already has a third person adventure game series. Rocky32189

It's not like a 3rd person Metroid would play like Zelda.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
It was suppose to be 3rd person but they decided to change it first person, apparently for the better.
mastiffchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 mastiffchild
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts

Though Metroid is in my view the best franchise in Nintendo history(not knocking Mario or Zelda, mind)everything i've heard points to us being disappointed about anything new-esp. for the Wii. A good side scroller is a DS possibility that I read about a while back but how they'd make it interesting for us today is hard to see.

Of course they know what we want and could be being coy(anything they could come up with will split the Metroid fans like always-but we'd still buy it and learn to love)so they can do it with a bang-it's just that ending and then everything coming out about Corruption being the last outing for Samus that makes me doubt even the chance. Hope i'm wrong though as a new Metroid is needed to shut some folk up who diss the Wii for it's kiddy/gimmicky image Corruption did loads on that front and Nintendo shouldn't just cut off their avenues for expansion. They've never had trouble keeping mario coming out with a twist and as such there should/could be slight hope.

neo111222333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 neo111222333
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
i think there will be more metroid games but they wont b called prime...the prime series ends with corruption so i think when we saw the part in corruption that said dread is almost complete, thats gonna b the name of the new metroid game (metroid dread)
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts
i wouldnt mind a 3rd person metroid at all.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wintry_Flutist

1) i think there will be more metroid games but they wont b called prime...the prime series ends with corruption so 2) i think when we saw the part in corruption that said dread is almost complete, thats gonna b the name of the new metroid game (metroid dread)neo111222333

1) Captain Obvious to the rescue!

2) That was a little joke from Retro. Dread was rumored way before MP3 came out, so they used it to trick us. But Dread has been confirmed not to exist.

Great-Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Great-Wii
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
it not gunna be the last metroid cuz..remember the end of corruption ..that dude from hunters came....so there must be another metroid
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
I want the next one to be 2-D, metroid fusion is still one of my top ten games and ive played through it so many times.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wintry_Flutist

it not gunna be the last metroid cuz..remember the end of corruption ..that dude from hunters came....so there must be another metroidGreat-Wii

You know that games don't need cliffhangers to have sequels?

Besides, the Prime games are prequels, there will probably never be a game set between MP3 and Metroid 2.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="Great-Wii"]it not gunna be the last metroid cuz..remember the end of corruption ..that dude from hunters came....so there must be another metroidWintry_Flutist

Besides, the Prime games are prequels, there will probably never be a game set between MP3 and Metroid 2.

I dont really see them as prequels but more as a sub-series, that came in between 1 and 2. But I do agree, I don't think you can have another game in between mp3 and 2. Maybe metroid 5 or something could resolve the cliff hanger. Or like you said it's just one of those cliff hangers, there's plenty of them.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
gee that thread title was not misleading at all.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I hope they wait until the next console is released. (hoping they up the graphics with this console)

I'm really excited to see series make the jump to HD. It deserves it right along side Zelda before anything else Nintendo has to offer us imo.

I don't think we need a change in the series yet. It's still relitively new (jump to 3d) and I just love the effects that Retro throws in there such as; Samus' eyes reflecting off of her helmet, looking up while raining and seeing droplets, static effects, fog, etc.

It's the little things like that, that add to epic games like Metroid. I'm also hoping for worlds that are twice the size of the last 3 games. It'd be nice if I could play the game for a month insted of finishing it and drooling for more.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="Great-Wii"]it not gunna be the last metroid cuz..remember the end of corruption ..that dude from hunters came....so there must be another metroidMinishdriveby

I dont really see them as prequels but more as a sub-series, that came in between 1 and 2. But I do agree, I don't think you can have another game in between mp3 and 2. Maybe metroid 5 or something could resolve the cliff hanger. Or like you said it's just one of those cliff hangers, there's plenty of them.

Oh, I definitely see the Prime games as major ones, specially the first. No one played Metroid prime with "yeah, we gonna know what happened before Metroid 2!" in mind. I just pointed it out because that guy has no clue about chronology and thinks there was a hint about a sequel, while we don't need any hint to know a new Metroid game will eventually be made and it won't be set just after MP3.

SUPER_FLY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SUPER_FLY_
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts
i like a first person view more
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
Saying Corruption was the LAST Metroid game would be like saying that McDonalds ACTUALLY uses beef in their burgers. Or that Bush is a good president. OR that there is a such thing as a girl on the internet. Thats a joke, I kid the girlz
kakashi552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kakashi552
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

Wintry_Flutist

I disagree. A change to 3rd person would greatly close the gap, making comparisons between the two series much easier to criticize.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

kakashi552

I disagree. A change to 3rd person would greatly close the gap, making comparisons between the two series much easier to criticize.

One thing is to imagine the Prime games in 3rd person view. The gap would, indeed, get closer. Still, there would be many, many differences I can't bother to list, but just the pace and atmosphere are enough to set the games apart.

Another thing is a new Metroid game in 3rd person. There's no reason to think the only way to make it is like Zelda.

AzureEm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AzureEm
Member since 2008 • 788 Posts
I rather play a spin-off like Republic Commando.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
I think we need something like we had when Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion came out nearly at the same time. Except make the special features compatible with DS and Wii.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Honestly, I know a lot of people have different opinions about Metroid and what they want and where it should go, and as a super super fan I honestly don't care how I get my next Metroid. I would love Prime 4. I would love a 3rd person adventure. I would love a 2D side scroller for either Wii or DS though I'd prefer Wii. Heck I've even secretly entertained the idea of a "scary" Metroid game. I appreciate eberyone wanting their game in a specififc way, but I can't think of any way I wouldn't want my Metroid. I only care that I get it!!!

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

Haziqonfire

Yea, in the Prime trilogy. Doesn't mean there can't be anymore games in the universe.

I would rather take a 3d metroid over a 2d one. The atmosphere is breathtaking.

darkkillerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darkkillerr
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

it not gunna be the last metroid cuz..remember the end of corruption ..that dude from hunters came....so there must be another metroidGreat-Wii

or maybe the 3 was before hunters

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
I think the 3rd person perspective is a very good idea. Maybe have it control like RE4.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

that would make so little a difference to the game

and would take away having all the visors, so would just be stupid really

anyway the markets being bombarded with too maky 3rd person shooters right now, we don't need metroid following suit!

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 monty_4256
[QUOTE="kakashi552"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Wintry_Flutist

One thing is to imagine the Prime games in 3rd person view. The gap would, indeed, get closer. Still, there would be many, many differences I can't bother to list, but just the pace and atmosphere are enough to set the games apart.

Another thing is a new Metroid game in 3rd person. There's no reason to think the only way to make it is like Zelda.

that's more the thinking I like, I found metroid primes samus a little too... heavy? she wasn't like the old games where she was agile and could get anywhere, like the wall jump needed a special wall, and the screw attack was... useless except to do a long jump.

I'd like them to bring back the agility of her, rather than making her a walking tank

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 monty_4256

I think the 3rd person perspective is a very good idea. Maybe have it control like RE4.roboccs

or not

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wintry_Flutist

that would make so little a difference to the game

and would take away having all the visors, so would just be stupid really

anyway the markets being bombarded with too maky 3rd person shooters right now, we don't need metroid following suit!

monty_4256

2D Metroids have no visor, and it doesn't prevent them from being awesome. Seriously, visors are cool, but there isn't much to add to them now.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

A 1st person metroid game is perfect for the wii

Maybe the 3rd person version would of worked well on GC but I think Metroid Prime 3 is amazing and the 1st person way is the best way

Metroid_Hunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Metroid_Hunta
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I know this might sound stupid, but i took a couple minutes and thought up a storyline for the next Metroid game. I think it is interesting, if you want to hear it than just ask,( it does not matter to me if you want to hear it or not).

Metroid

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Good idea, but the prime series ended sadly.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

[QUOTE="Great-Wii"]it not gunna be the last metroid cuz..remember the end of corruption ..that dude from hunters came....so there must be another metroiddarkkillerr

or maybe the 3 was before hunters

thats a really good theory. maybe after mp3, sylux follows samus to the alimbic cluster and then mp hunters takes place

back on topic, i wouldnt like a 3rd person 3d metroid. what i really want is a 2d metroid. the last 4 metroids have been 3d, and i think its time to make a 2d game. with a more powerful system like the wii or ds (comared to the snes or gba), a 2d game could have spectcular graphics and a much bigger world to explore.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
I really dont care as long as its not another prequel. I want metroid 5. They opened all this other stuff with the X parasite in Fusion so Samus has 2 dopplegangers one Metroid and one X both natrual enemies. Theres the Omega metroid in fusion that they destoryed theres the Federation trying to breed Metroid and Samus going against the federation theyve set up so much for the plot of a new game to go off of ive been really excited for Metroid 5 since i beat Fuison and theres been nothing
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Truth_Seekr
Member since 2007 • 4214 Posts

I wouldn't mind third person at all if it was like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
where the hell have you been wintry? i havent seen you in months..or maybe weeks idk. new sig as well huh...good stuff right there. and yea metroid ________ ftw
legolasxbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 legolasxbow
Member since 2008 • 667 Posts
I wouldnt mind 3d, make it play like lost planet, but better jumping, with puzzles, etc
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

Old thread, guys. Wintry isn't back. Topic is stale. No need to reply to people who posted two months back.

I know this might sound stupid, but i took a couple minutes and thought up a storyline for the next Metroid game. I think it is interesting, if you want to hear it than just ask,( it does not matter to me if you want to hear it or not).

Metroid_Hunta

Why'd you bump this thread instead of making your own?

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

Old thread, guys. Wintry isn't back. Topic is stale. No need to reply to people who posted two months back.

[QUOTE="Metroid_Hunta"]

clicketyclick

Why'd you bump this thread instead of making your own?

OBJECTION! if everyone made new threads as opposed to replying to other ones then you would get upset then. just leave it be

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
It's not a matter of replying to other threads; it's a matter of replying to old threads. Bumping threads is against the rules for a reason. It's disruptive posting.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
i personally dont think its disruptive if other people after them still have things to reply, especially a thread based on opinion. its not like the thread holds any real information that could be old and wrong now. its just people talking about camera angles in the next metroid game. i personally think that 3rd person is a bad idea for metroid, i think it would slow the game down and the first person allows you to utilize both sides of vision. there is no harm in bumping an opinion-fueled thread. voice an opinion, let the mods do what they want with it, an opinion ungiven is an opinion wasted. (and BTW im EXPECTING for you to say something, or even THINK something in regards to how your opinion is that the person who bumped this thread shouldnt have and yadda yadda about the rules)