New SADNESS info could someone close this thread? *removed*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Oldskool_4_life
Oldskool_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Oldskool_4_life
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts

------------------------------

SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SPHYNXA
Member since 2003 • 2944 Posts

http://gonintendo.com/?p=13158

Now this would be a perfect game for.............uhm......can I say it out loud?

Okay, here goes:...............ON !

Oldskool_4_life

Especially if they had bonus stages where you played Alexander...
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
Sounds a little more interesting. I'm still skeptical about it. I can't believe you mentioned ON. Seriosly, that topic is LONG LONG dead.
Oldskool_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Oldskool_4_life
[QUOTE="Oldskool_4_life"]

Now this would be a perfect game for.............uhm......can I say it out loud?

SPHYNXA

:shock:......:lol:

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6280 Posts
Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Oldskool_4_life

LOL, you just don't give up, huh? lol

fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts
i hope this game comes out.
Oldskool_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Oldskool_4_life

Sounds a little more interesting. I'm still skeptical about it. I can't believe you mentioned ON. Seriosly, that topic is LONG LONG dead.cd_rom

I know but I'm a firm believer the tech. is coming rather sooner than later. It's not so far fetched when you consider that from next year on we will have CellPhones with build-in Nano laserprojectors..............search for Bluelightoptics. Just to give an example of "exotic" or mostly considered "no way!" technology.

I know of a demonstration video of augmented reality which shows you how it can be done so that the bat you are holding in Wii sports for instance, really "is" in your hands. I'll try to look it up.................

SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SPHYNXA
Member since 2003 • 2944 Posts
[QUOTE="SPHYNXA"][QUOTE="Oldskool_4_life"]

Oldskool_4_life

Ha ha, I'm glad someone got that terrible... terrible joke
Oldskool_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Oldskool_4_life

2008-TBA

Wii Premium pack: put it ON!!

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

So ON is long dead, well, is it?

I know but I'm a firm believer the tech. is coming rather sooner than later. It's not so far fetched when you consider that from next year on we will have CellPhones with build-in Nano laserprojectors..............search for Bluelightoptics. Just to give an example of "exotic" or mostly considered "no way!" technology.

I know of a demonstration video of augmented reality which shows you how it can be done so that the bat you are holding in Wii sports for instance, really "is" in your hands. I'll try to look it up.................

Oldskool_4_life
Nice to see your back with a vengeance Oldy.
Oldskool_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Oldskool_4_life

tomarlyn

Thnx!  

So the ON doesn't scare you:  check this video: http://gprime.net/video.php/totalimmersion 

Now imagine a headset with 2 camera's mounted on it, you will see exactly what teh monitors display in this video on the tv's.     

bob1932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bob1932
Member since 2003 • 473 Posts
Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.chansaet
survival horror games are usually under 20 hours long aren't they
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts
[QUOTE="chansaet"]Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.bob1932

The game has 10 diffrent ending so theres prob a hole bunch of diffrent paths you can take ect...
kiruyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kiruyama
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
10 endings, game is 15 hours. 150 hours? Not likely, since you'll probably skip past cutscenes you've already watched/go through stages that are the same faster. Still, looks nice. Only downfall is its coming out in 2008. Not like I didn't see that coming, though. No in-game shots and a 2007 release would just be wishful thinking. 
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
cool
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chansaet
10 endings, game is 15 hours. 150 hours? Not likely, since you'll probably skip past cutscenes you've already watched/go through stages that are the same faster. Still, looks nice. Only downfall is its coming out in 2008. Not like I didn't see that coming, though. No in-game shots and a 2007 release would just be wishful thinking. kiruyama
2007 release is not wishful thinking. Wishful thinking is something we want. Now after far cry I think we all want this game to come out on 2008. Please do not rush this. Take your time and makeit good. Don't pull a far cry.
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
[QUOTE="chansaet"]Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.bob1932

Survival horror games are usually around 3-5 hours (Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, Resident Evil etc).
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

tomarlyn

You mean G_W_X. :lol:

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chansaet
[QUOTE="bob1932"][QUOTE="chansaet"]Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.SuzumeCake

Survival horror games are usually around 3-5 hours (Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, Resident Evil etc).

So this game is going to be long for a Survival Horror then. Thats good. I don't usually play surval horror that is why I thought it was a little short.
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuzumeCake
[QUOTE="SuzumeCake"][QUOTE="bob1932"][QUOTE="chansaet"]Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.chansaet

So this game is going to be long for a Survival Horror then. Thats good. I don't usually play surval horror that is why I thought it was a little short.

yea, it's long. there has however been some survival horror games which was longer than standard. Two being Siren 1 & 2, mainly because all the different missions, so you replayed the stages several times making the game longer. Another game is Resident Evil 4 which was gigantic for it's genre.
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#22 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts

dang, that augmented reality is awesome  i can definetely see that tech implemented in a video game helm type thing.  although i dont see that stuff being cheap anytime soon....or even later...

EDIT: i cant stop thinking about it...think about sitting in the same room as ur family and they are just watching tv while ur using the aug helm and u can create ur own virtual stuff to populate the room, like those little cars and such.  if they refined the tech enough to register the user picking stuff up you could throw little cars at ur mom's head and sit there laughing like crazy in your own little virtual aug world :D  thinking about the multiplayer possibilies....virtual pool, virtual dodgeball, man, this stuff is most certainly the future....now just to live long enough to enjoy its release....must find more infant blood....

EDIT 2: zomg! think about going to the mall with the helm! perhaps you could have a program that would put skins on the people walking around? nude skins anybody? or ninja outfits if you dont like a mall full of nude teenagers :D omg i better live to see the release and mainstream of this stuff or ill be pissed....and dead..

Oldskool_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Oldskool_4_life

dang, that augmented reality is awesome  i can definetely see that tech implemented in a video game helm type thing.  although i dont see that stuff being cheap anytime soon....or even later...

EDIT: i cant stop thinking about it...think about sitting in the same room as ur family and they are just watching tv while ur using the aug helm and u can create ur own virtual stuff to populate the room, like those little cars and such.  if they refined the tech enough to register the user picking stuff up you could throw little cars at ur mom's head and sit there laughing like crazy in your own little virtual aug world :D  thinking about the multiplayer possibilies....virtual pool, virtual dodgeball, man, this stuff is most certainly the future....now just to live long enough to enjoy its release....must find more infant blood....

EDIT 2: zomg! think about going to the mall with the helm! perhaps you could have a program that would put skins on the people walking around? nude skins anybody? or ninja outfits if you dont like a mall full of nude teenagers :D omg i better live to see the release and mainstream of this stuff or ill be pissed....and dead..

flclempire

You Sir, are spot-on as to how I envision an ON (like) peripharel. Plus maybe certain games will be Augmented as to others will be Virtual-reality or Both!! 

Ever since ON was a HUGE, and I mean HUGE topic on the net I cannot stop thinking about these kinds of new gameplay experiences. Even Sony were scared in their wits and demo'd an Agmented reality game at E3 and TGS 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHilAXNHSY  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcXjlJweUo&mode=related&search 

many people think I'm just a fanboy and that's fine with me but I'm telling you, this IS going to be a BIG (part) of the future of gaming people!!

The following is an excellent read about the motivations for creating Augmented Reality Gaming: http://www.hitlabnz.org/fileman_store/2004-NZGDC-MotivationsARGaming.pdf

also very nice reading: http://www.cescg.org/CESCG-2006/papers/Hagenberg-Litzlbauer-Wolfgang/Hagenberg-Litzlbauer-Wolfgang.pdf

Now back to Sadness: remember the E3 video?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLE9B_clHXs  just look at the emphasis on "Real" combined with CG !!  

As Sadness is slated for an 2008 release and the rapid pace in wich technology is progressing, I say:

..............it's back ON!!

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="chansaet"][QUOTE="SuzumeCake"][QUOTE="bob1932"][QUOTE="chansaet"]Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.SuzumeCake

yea, it's long. there has however been some survival horror games which was longer than standard. Two being Siren 1 & 2, mainly because all the different missions, so you replayed the stages several times making the game longer. Another game is Resident Evil 4 which was gigantic for it's genre.

But all survival horror's feel longer because you kinda creep through them, unless your confident and get the job done. I always play them at night in the dark with headphones on, Project Zero 2 is freaking me out like that.
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
So now we know more about Sadness than Duke Nukem Forever. This is definitely a step in the right direction.
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
Yarrrrnnnnnnn. The more i hear the worse it sounds. Seems pretty short and dull.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.chansaet
it's like survival horror they are usually 10+

Oldskool_4_life

lol hmm a black screen what to do next....whats that i feel? hmm vibration...you are dead....damn who knew being blind would make such a crap game...
Oldskool_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Oldskool_4_life

MODS close this topic please........I made a revised and improved one.

Thanks in advance,

Oldskool.

SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SuzumeCake
[QUOTE="chansaet"]Game is only 15 hours. isn't that a little short of a non FPS. Aren't these kind of games suppose to be like 20+.bobbetybob
it's like survival horror they are usually 10+

Oldskool_4_life

lol hmm a black screen what to do next....whats that i feel? hmm vibration...you are dead....damn who knew being blind would make such a crap game...

in Siren 2 you play as a blind man in some missions. You use your dog's eyes to control your character. I think this is what's called 2nd person view. it's rather problematic.
Oldskool_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Oldskool_4_life

MODS close this topic please........I made a revised and improved one.

Thanks in advance,

Oldskool.

Oldskool_4_life

........hurry, please!! The commenting is to much for me................I guess because it's Valentine's:?

Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
it will fall of the bottom and die if you quit bumping it, lol