New Fatal Frame V Details

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
  • Game plays out a bit like mission mode, where you choose your mission (you can replay it however much you like) and then you unlock new missions. Once you complete the chapter goals, you get the next chapter.
  • Your goal is to find people. Each person has different reasons for going to the mountain and getting there, so you’ll have to gather as much info about them as you can.
  • You can use something that’s like a “scent” of a person from things like a hair, their documents etc. that aids your “kagemi”.
  • Then you use your clues to search for them. If you chase the memories of them you’ll find them, so you have to follow their past footsteps.
  • When you find them and “bring them back” from their spiriting away, it’s mission complete, but you’ll have to watch out for the ghosts lurking…
  • You can also use your “ghost sight” to find hints from ghosts. Looks kind of like hidden ghosts in other games.
  • Gameplay is on the TV, the map is on the gamepad.
  • The touch system for picking up items is back. As are ghost hands.
  • Amano confirmed to be contributing a song also

More details here. Still no word on this getting ported outside Japan. If/When it happens maybe they'll include a free English version of Fatal Frame IV with the game...

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

it's going to be awesome, so now interesting use of the gamepad as the camera obscura? that's disappointing

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I thought the gamepad was the camera!!

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

@Shmiity: I have no idea, is it? anyway I know I'll love the game. I was hoping for a cool collectible edition of the gamepad.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

So it's kind of like Ikenie No Yoru (Night Of The Sacrifice) this time. Hmm, ok I'm interested. Night of the sacrifice had some great unique scares.

Hopefully there's no lock on button this time (at least on the harder difficulty settings).