My DS Lite suddenly won't charge. Help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 pencru
Member since 2009 • 1779 Posts

So this morning I was playing on my DS Lite until the light went red. I turned it off immediately and plugged it into the charger. When I returned after a few minutes, I saw my sister playing on it (we play it sometimes while it's charging) and noticed that the orange charging light wasn't on which is weird since I've only had it plugged for around 10 minutes. I tried using a different charger, changed sockets, but it still wouldn't charge. It turns on though and we can play on it, seems like it charged for a while then something stopped working. The charging plug was deformed in the past; we fixed it though since it charged my DS for all these years.. Anyone in the same situation? How can I fix this? I think replacing the DS is out of the question since we can't even buy the 3DS yet either. I want to keep this same unit as much as possible.

EDIT:Also it was working fine yesterday; except my DS would get hot near the end of its charge (it's inside a gun metal case.)

iAmAbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 iAmAbel
Member since 2011 • 860 Posts

lrn2edit.

pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pencru

lrn2edit.

iAmAbel

Sorry. Forgot.

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

Well batteries have limited life span and it seems you have owned your DS for a long time, maybe the battery needs replacing. Try switching the battery out wiht another DS and see if it charges.

pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pencru

I don't think the replacement batteries are being sold here and if they are, they don't come cheap. Also, wouldn't it light up for a second then go off when the battery's dead? Mine didn't.

LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

I don't think the replacement batteries are being sold here and if they are, they don't come cheap. Also, wouldn't it light up for a second then go off when the battery's dead? Mine didn't.

pencru
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=NINTENDO+DS+battery&x=0&y=0#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=NINTENDO+DS+Lite+battery&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ANINTENDO+DS+Lite+battery
pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pencru

Thanks, but I won't be buying anything anytime soon. Sadly my mom concluded that I won't be having any DS playtime for now until we get it checked at a shop. -sigh- WHY NOW WHEN I NEED SOMETHING TO TIDE OVER MY IMPATIENCE WITH GETTING A 3DS?!