Monster Hunter Tri U - General discussion! Its the game with the big weapons!!

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

My copy is in transit right now. Super excited!

Edit:

Oh snap, its actually arrived in Calgary already! :D

This is my first time ordering a game online at launch (from BestBuy). Not too bad. I also got it for $5 bucks cheaper for preordering early.

#52 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

The IGN review is up.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Epak_

Hmm... I wonder if Gamespot is going to flop this. Good thorough review nonetheless.

they gave the original an 8. i wouldn't expect higher than that.
#53 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -

Can someone give me a summary of the combat controls for the 3ds system? Unforthunately, my internet is too slow for me to be able to download the demo.

#54 Posted by oddballrulez (1642 posts) -

Can someone give me a summary of the combat controls for the 3ds system? Unforthunately, my internet is too slow for me to be able to download the demo.

dissembled
Identical to the PSP installments ;) This is the first time I've used my 3DS since I got my vita a little over 6 months ago. Wasn't bothered about this til I acquired Freedom united from psn just yesterday; which turned out to be great! Remembered 3+4 were on the way for 3DS so had a quick search. Gave this a go, lack of second analogue makes camera control a little fiddly but manageable. Lock on's great for combat, I just like easy camera control for exploring the scenery. Graphics are pretty nice! Nothing too grand but not bad at all. Only thing that's really holding me back is I'm finding it difficult getting back to the 3DS screen after so long staring into a huge OLED screen. Still though; great game. Might end up picking it up when it's dropped in price a bit! Or more likely hold out for MH4.
#55 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

dissembled
you have a roll button, a center camera button, two attack buttons (one of them being the "draw weapon" button too, which is needed to start attacking), one item button (which is also the "put weapon away button", which you'll want to do often), one "special weapon ability" button (which is also the sprint button when not wielding anything), and you move with the circle pad. you can control the camera with either the Dpad, or with a digital Dpad on the touch screen. OR you can use the pseudo 'lock-on', which makes the center camera button move the camera to the monster, rather than your back. it works wonders.
#56 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -
[QUOTE="dissembled"]

BrunoBRS
you have a roll button, a center camera button, two attack buttons (one of them being the "draw weapon" button too, which is needed to start attacking), one item button (which is also the "put weapon away button", which you'll want to do often), one "special weapon ability" button (which is also the sprint button when not wielding anything), and you move with the circle pad. you can control the camera with either the Dpad, or with a digital Dpad on the touch screen. OR you can use the pseudo 'lock-on', which makes the center camera button move the camera to the monster, rather than your back. it works wonders.

Thank you. Can you (or anyone else) kindly tell me what exact buttons(X, A, B, Y) are assigned to the two attack moves, roll maneuvers and special weapon ability move? Also, I'm guessing that there are attack combinations that are triggered by specific button presses (akin to fighting games)? I'm debating whether to purchase this title or not. If the combinations are too complex however, then I'd probably skip it. Thank you in advance.
#57 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -

Found a good tutorial for players new to the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRwJpSzLRMI

#58 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="dissembled"]

dissembled

Thank you. Can you (or anyone else) kindly tell me what exact buttons(X, A, B, Y) are assigned to the two attack moves, roll maneuvers and special weapon ability move? Also, I'm guessing that there are attack combinations that are triggered by specific button presses (akin to fighting games)? I'm debating whether to purchase this title or not. If the combinations are too complex however, then I'd probably skip it. Thank you in advance.

B rolls, Y uses item, X draws weapon, A is the other attack, L is the camera, R is the weapon's "utility" (like switching from axe to sword on the switch axe, or blocking with the shield). X+A is an attack as well. there aren't that many unique attacks, it all depends on the weapon (they play VERY differently).
#59 Posted by benleslie5 (7877 posts) -

Mine just got dispatched today ^^

#60 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="dissembled"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] you have a roll button, a center camera button, two attack buttons (one of them being the "draw weapon" button too, which is needed to start attacking), one item button (which is also the "put weapon away button", which you'll want to do often), one "special weapon ability" button (which is also the sprint button when not wielding anything), and you move with the circle pad. you can control the camera with either the Dpad, or with a digital Dpad on the touch screen. OR you can use the pseudo 'lock-on', which makes the center camera button move the camera to the monster, rather than your back. it works wonders.

B rolls, Y uses item, X draws weapon, A is the other attack, L is the camera, R is the weapon's "utility" (like switching from axe to sword on the switch axe, or blocking with the shield). X+A is an attack as well. there aren't that many unique attacks, it all depends on the weapon (they play VERY differently).

Thank you so much.
#62 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Changed Topic into a general discussion now as the game has been released World Wide. Check out the MH Tri U topic on the WiiU Boards if looking for fellow Hunters to play with online on WiiU.