Mario Kart Rank - +likes and dislikes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 killerneub
Member since 2010 • 214 Posts

DoubleDash // MK 64 // MK DS         ... after that they aren't that great 

>DoubleDash was hands down my favorite, the two in one kart gave for more strategy and co-op

What I hate about the new karts is..

>>> Flying blue shells (cheap), Way too many weird Karts, too many insignificant characters (who wants to be waluigi??)

<> The biggest complaint is no item switch and the rubber band effect > meaning if you're doing great you're going to be bombarded by items

> Lets Bring Back the N64 BLUE SHELL and add a map editor, that would be too awesome for nintendo though

I do appreciate the classic maps in MKWii but that game as a whole just frustrated me to no end- getting railed with items and whatnot

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

>DoubleDash was hands down my favorite, the two in one kart gave for more strategy and co-op

>>> Flying blue shells (cheap), Way too many weird Karts, too many insignificant characters (who wants to be waluigi??)

<> The biggest complaint is no item switch and the rubber band effect > meaning if you're doing great you're going to be bombarded by items

> Lets Bring Back the N64 BLUE SHELL and add a map editor, that would be too awesome for nintendo though

I do appreciate the classic maps in MKWii but that game as a whole just frustrated me to no end- getting railed with items and whatnot

killerneub

well mario kart wii sold 30million and mario kart 7 ...sold 8 million....so they are doing something right even some people don't agree.

killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killerneub

[QUOTE="killerneub"]

KBFloYd

well mario kart wii sold 30million and mario kart 7 ...sold 8 million....so they are doing something right even some people don't agree.

In that logic New Super Mario Bros. was better than Super Mario World .. nope

Also MKWii shipped with a decent% of systems which largely tips sales numbers ..

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
How does the 64 blue shell work? In Mario Kart 7, the blue shell will hit everyone in its path, not just the one in first, which I thought was a nice refinement. I only played Double Dash a few times, but one person being designated to item using and punching karts right beside you seemed a little boring to me. Mario Kart Wii allowed for 12 players at once if I remember correctly, which would explain the amount of items flying around. When I first played that I agree that it seemed quite hectic. Great game, though (imo).
killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerneub

The thing about double dash was there was more skill, you could hold two items at once by switching your characters positions after grabbing one

drifting worked better too. and the whole punching people didn't happen much but i thought it was a cool addition . Have any of you actually beaten the game?

>and about N64 blue shell.. it was spiky and just went on the ground like a red shell but didn't stop until it hit the first place person and anyone in its path

I think it's similar to the MK7 one.. which looks like a good game, way better than the Wii. I'll probly borrow a 3ds to play that one

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
and about N64 blue shell.. it was spiky and just went on the ground like a red shell but didn't stop until it hit the first place person and anyone in its pathkillerneub
Ah ok it sounds like the blue shell from Mario Kart 7. One thing I'm seriously hyped for in Mario Kart 8 is the anti-gravity portions.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="killerneub"]

killerneub

In that logic New Super Mario Bros. was better than Super Mario World .. nope

Also MKWii shipped with a decent% of systems which largely tips sales numbers ..

im saying...they are not listening to fans at all when it comes to mario kart.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

DS = DD > 7 > Wii > 64 > SC > MK 

It's hard for me to choose between Mario Kart DS and Double Dash. The DS version was great because of all the awesome courses and online play. Double Dash felt really smooth and I loved switching between two characters with unique items. Seven is pretty good on a technical level and it's a lot easier to follow than Wii, but it feels kind of souless to me. Wii is just too frantic. The courses are huge and I don't like the bikes. 64 is good for nostalgia and gave the series the Block Fort. Everything else... not much of a fan.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts
I haven't played any of the handheld ones so I can't rank those: Mario Kart 64 >>> Super Mario Kart > Mario Kart Wii >>>>> Mario Kart Double Dash Mario Kart 64 was definitely my favorite because it had by far the best battle mode. Double Dash was definitely my least favorite because it completely ruined battle mode by having very tiny and boring battle arenas. Plus I hated the double kart gimmick.
killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerneub

[QUOTE="killerneub"]

KBFloYd

I looked it up and Double Dash was the 2nd best selling game for the Gamecube .. and very close to 1st. MKWii was also the 2nd but 50 milion away from 1st ... so ya
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Mario Kart 64 was great when it came out but it's aged horribly. I can't even play it, the orignal Super Mario Kart isn't very playable either. Anything Double Dash on I love.  Mario Kart Wii is my current favorite followed by 7. I can't wait for 8 to come out.  Not sure why everyone seems to be worried about skill. I've been playing the series since the first one and I always thought of it as a fun arcade party racing game.  Sure there is skill involved and I'm fairly good at it, but it's more about having simple fun.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Think Double Dash is my favourite. Liked the strategy of the double karts. Wii one felt too easy for me. Tracks were ginormous.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts
Agreed that Double Dash is the best freaking Mario Kart made. I loved the added strategy of being able to switch between two powerups.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

-Super Mario Kart is only nostalgia at this point.

-MK64 has the best battle mode

-Double Dash was the only game that allowed 4 players to participate in a Grand Prix. It also has a Grand Prix where you race through all the tracks. 4 players in a 16 course Grand Prix was part of my childhood.

-MKDS was my first online experience. It was quite exhilarating. Mission mode was also a fresh idea.

-MK Wii...not much I could say about it. I didn't invest alot of time in it (I do remember the more chaotic nature of items)

-MK7 is a refined iteration. It was great but nothing special. It had great online for a handheld that was leagues ahead of MKDS. Plus Rainbow Road has never been better.

In conclusion, Double Dash is probably my favourite. Me and a group still play it once in a while.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I still strongly believe that Super Mario Kart was the best.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

-MKDS was my first online experience. It was quite exhilarating. thetravman

Same here! I rarely ever play any game online but MKDS was always fun. I liked how if you played 4 player online it would score it like a grand prix and the one with the most points won. I was upset to see how online mode in MKWii was... I think it was just one race at a time and no real GP style scoring. I hope MKWiiU gives more options which I believe it will.