Mario kart 8: frantic mode not frantic enough?

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeeerrr
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

Just wondering if anyone is feeling the same way. I have been playing mario kart 8 extensively and probably put about 30-40 hours into it already! I have been loving it so far but when I switch on frantic mode (for those who don't know what it is, it increases the chance of rare items i.e. Stars, lightning, blue shells). In my experience it hasn't really effected these items being seen. I would say an average of one or 2 blue shells a game and maybe one lightning a game. Also I have noticed stars no longer increase your speed as fast as they used to. I need your thoughts guys and gals.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@zeeerrr said:

Just wondering if anyone is feeling the same way. I have been playing mario kart 8 extensively and probably put about 30-40 hours into it already! I have been loving it so far but when I switch on frantic mode (for those who don't know what it is, it increases the chance of rare items i.e. Stars, lightning, blue shells). In my experience it hasn't really effected these items being seen. I would say an average of one or 2 blue shells a game and maybe one lightning a game. Also I have noticed stars no longer increase your speed as fast as they used to. I need your thoughts guys and gals.

stars and mushrooms were nerfed.

zeeerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zeeerrr
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

Why was this done? Some of the reasons I love mario kart is the randomness of it all. I understand the online must be balanced for a more stable experience but I would have liked to have more customization in the settings for my own personal preference.

ZyroXZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 ZyroXZ2
Member since 2014 • 92 Posts

They nerfed the Star and beefed up the mushrooms, and so far that works well enough for me!