Kirby's triple deluxe or yoshi's new island

Posted by spau0588 (40 posts) 4 months, 1 day ago

Poll: Kirby's triple deluxe or yoshi's new island (14 votes)

Kirby 79%
Yoshi 21%
Other 0%

I want to take advantage of the buy one get on free deal at best buy. I'm going to get mario golf but I can't decide on the 2nd. My top choices are Kirby's triple deluxe and yoshi's new island. I like platformers so that's kinda where these choices come from. Which should I get?

#1 Posted by Tokeism (2333 posts) -

Kirby, its basically 3 game in one and in my opinion has a better art style

#2 Edited by yokofox33 (29660 posts) -

I haven't played Yoshi, but I've also heard not many good things about the game. Kirby on the other hand is probably one of the better games to come out this year for the 3DS. The platforming, collectibles, and mini-games are a treat. Definitely get Kirby.

#3 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7393 posts) -

I haven't heard anything good regarding Yoshi.

#4 Posted by Zassimick (6540 posts) -

I haven't played Yoshi but Kirby was a pretty good game. In terms of the singleplayer I feel like it showed its hand right at the beginning of the game and then does little new throughout.

The amount of collectables in the game is a nice touch though. Had me interested in finding more keychains.

#5 Posted by Pierst179 (10797 posts) -

I haven't played Yoshi's New Island either. However, I can attest that Kirby Triple Deluxe is a fantastic game.

There is no other 3DS game that uses the 3-D visuals as well as it does. The levels are very creative and there is a ton to collect. Besides, there is also Kirby Fighters, which is incredibly addictive.

#6 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1352 posts) -

Kirby hands down. Yoshi's New Island was horrid. The original SNES one was better and it is basically 99% the same game lol.

#7 Posted by SolidTy (43272 posts) -

The answer is...

KIRBY. Have fun.

#8 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

Kirby is amazing. Yoshi's Island is a very very simplified game. Very short as well.

#9 Posted by TJDMHEM (115 posts) -

get yoshi's new island.

#10 Edited by trugs26 (5476 posts) -

Kirby. I loved the original Yoshi game on SNES, but every one since feels lifeless.

#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

I'll be getting Kirby

Even though I love the 2D Yoshi platformers, I have zero interest in getting the new one. The artstyle makes the game look worse than the SNES and DS ones, and I read in reviews the gameplay wasn't very good either.

Such a shame, because this game was done by the same team that did the great DS Yoshi game.

#12 Posted by Meinhard1 (6769 posts) -

While I favor Yoshi as an IP, were looking at a very good Kirby compared to a fairly poor Yoshi.