is WII gamecube compatible??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mgelineau (102 posts) -
Sorry but this might seem like a really dumb question..... but im just wondering if i can play old gamecube games on the wii, and what about the controllers? can i still use the old ones? one guy said in my last post that u could use the controllers for super smash brothers brawl.... but that post got deleted i think, because it was already in the sticky.
#2 Posted by mgelineau (102 posts) -
OOPS i meant to say is the gamecube WII compatible HAHHAHAHAHA, man im dumb lmao
#3 Posted by -wildflower- (2909 posts) -
Yes, you can play your old Gamecube games on the Wii with the Gamecube controllers.
#4 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -
Yes, in fact you'll need to use a GCN controller to play GCN games (the classic controller is not compatible).
#5 Posted by Sgt_Crow (4422 posts) -
You can play Cube games on your Wii.
You cannot play Wii games on your Cube.
#6 Posted by Sonick54 (7947 posts) -

You can play Cube games on your Wii.
You cannot play Wii games on your Cube.Sgt_Crow

I pity the fool (or in some cases, misinformed casual) who tries that :lol:

#7 Posted by OtakuRay (658 posts) -
Totally, and also you can plug your GC controller on it.
#8 Posted by DO646260 (117 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sgt_Crow"]You can play Cube games on your Wii.
You cannot play Wii games on your Cube.Sonick54

I pity the fool (or in some cases, misinformed casual) who tries that :lol:

Just break the disc in half and shove them both in, then close the top of the gamecube... It should work, right? lol

#9 Posted by mgelineau (102 posts) -
so just to clear things up for myself, u guys said that to play the game cube games i need a game cube controller? so i cant use that new classic controller for anything? and also the game cube controllers will plug right into the wii? or do i need any attachments or adapters? thanks!
#10 Posted by fmacraze (5658 posts) -
gamecube games and controllers (and memory cards) can all be used on the wii....however... any game...controller.... or anything wii-related wont be useable in yur gcn...... no adapters or anything.....
#11 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -

so just to clear things up for myself, u guys said that to play the game cube games i need a game cube controller? so i cant use that new classic controller for anything? and also the game cube controllers will plug right into the wii? or do i need any attachments or adapters? thanks!mgelineau

Nope, the Classic Controller will not work with GCN games.

No adapters. The GCN controller ports and memory card slots are located on the top, just under a pair of flaps.

#12 Posted by mgelineau (102 posts) -
k great thanks
#13 Posted by EYEInferno (530 posts) -
Dont forget a Gamecube memory card :), you cant save Cube savegames on the Wii.