Is Lucina exactly the same as Roy in Smash Bros?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Poison_Ivysaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 Poison_Ivysaur
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

I haven't played the game yet but I will be getting it for Christmas. I was wandering if Lucina plays the same as Roy from Smash Bros Melee. I hope that's the case because I really did prefer Roy's style over Marth's (Despite the fact they were very similar)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

I don't really remember how Roy was, but Lucina is almost identical to Marth. There are some differences between them, such as Lucina is better at destroying shields, and don't have to hit dudes with the tip of her sword to do the most damage. I haven't noticed anything more than these differences I've seen by reading trophies..

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

No she's not like Roy.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I did a massive post, now I don't see it. Glitchsplot deleted my post? If so: *ragequit*

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

This thread here details the differences between Lucina and Marth. I wouldn't really say she's more like Roy though.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I guess to sum up what I previously posted: Lucina is similar to Marth (but not the same), and Roy was considered the slower and more powerful version of Marth. So Roy is definitely not like Lucina, if anything Lucina is like Marth. Roy was replaced with a slower and stronger Ike.

Unfortunately, Roy is my main. I'm saddened he wasn't carried over to the sequels, leaving me to main Marth.