Injustice for Wii U; Truly an Injustice?

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts

After hearing the news from WB Games and NetherRealms about the upcoming Injustice demo, I got really excited. Injustice is one of my most anticipated games, simply because I'm a huge DC Comics fan. However, then I started to read on, the demo would only be Xbox 360 and PS3, no demo for the Wii U is to be expected.

So then I became confused, so I decided to do some more research, apparently, not only are we not getting a demo, we are not getting any DLC, pre-order bonuses or a collector's edition. I had no words, in fact, it was quite depressing to discover.

I understand that the Wii U isn't doing so well right now here in the states, but surely a game with this much hype, deserves equal treatment for all platforms right? Is this how third party game companies are going to treat Wii U owners in the upcoming months? As second-class citizens? Are we an afterthought? 

It just hurts to know that a game that I was highly looking forward to, isn't getting the same amount of content or the same amount of options on the Wii U that the other versions are, it's simply, well, an Injustice.

Again, you might think, it's not really a big deal, we're still getting the game. However, it shows as an example of a very unseeming future for Wii U owners such as myself, when we are not given equal treatment.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

So then I became confused, so I decided to do some more research, apparently, not only are we not getting a demo, we are not getting any DLC, pre-order bonuses or a collector's edition. I had no words, in fact, it was quite depressing to discover.

AlwaysParagon

Same with COD and other games.

This isn't new, it's been happening since launch

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts

[QUOTE="AlwaysParagon"]

Jaysonguy

Same with COD and other games.

This isn't new, it's been happening since launch

Do these companies not want our money? I don't think I'm alone in saying that choosing a system over another shouldn't constitute a feeling of isolation.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

I understand that the Wii U isn't doing so well right now here in the states, but surely a game with this much hype, deserves equal treatment for all platforms right? Is this how third party game companies are going to treat Wii U owners in the upcoming months? As second-class citizens? Are we an afterthought? 

AlwaysParagon

To answer your first question, unfortunately, no. Publishers aren't obligated to give each platform "equal treatment." It's all about doing what's best for the bottom line at the end of the day. WB Games probably realizes that putting forth the effort to make a "Collector's Edition" version of the Wii U's Injustice would be a waste, especially when looking at the Wii U's hardware sale struggles and, more importantly, the state of most third party software sales on the system to this point. I'll agree with you that it seems unfair, especially the part about the DLC, but I'm in no way surprised if what you're saying is entirely true. WB and NetherRealm probably just don't think it's worth the time for a game that's more than likely going to flop on the system. It's all about dollars and sense these days, which doesn't work in the Wii U's favor in situations like this.

I hate to say it so bluntly, but get used to this as a Wii U owner. Most publishers are just going to be content will dropping the occasional bone on the system from this point out, especially western third parties that probably wouldn't bother at all if they didn't have to consider their relationship with Nintendo. It's a vicious cycle that comes with poor sales and a mutual disinterest between most Nintendo players and the majority of high-profile games and those behind them. The Wii U is certainly in no position to break the cycle, especially since its sales are so lackluster right now, so things are only going to get worse as time wears on and the newness of the Wii U wears off completely.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Personally, i am fine with it. I never buy dlc or special editions for video games. But i honestly cant understand why they would not offer tjhe dlc, i mean how hard could it be for the third parties to make it available? The distribution channel, the e-store, is available to them. They have already made the content.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if injutice sells well on wiiU they might bring over all the dlc.

they might bring it over anyway but at a later date or goty edition.

same with aliens..wiU was supposed to be the best version yet there was no collectors edition..no game in fact.what a joke..

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Developers are hesitant at this point considering the Wii U's infancy. I won't be too surprised if the Ps4 and NextBox will receive the same treatment until its sales really start booming.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

Developers are hesitant at this point considering the Wii U's infancy. I won't be too surprised if the Ps4 and NextBox will receive the same treatment until its sales really start booming.

thetravman

Not at all

The Wii U's poor sales, overall weak power, and unfriendly system make devs not want to take the time.

It has nothing to do wth the age of the hardware.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

Jaysonguy

Not at all

The Wii U's poor sales, overall weak power, and unfriendly system make devs not want to take the time.

While the points you make are true it's foolish to say that the age of the console has nothing to do with it.
final_lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 final_lap
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

I think I can live without a collector's edition. :p

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Im bummed about not getting collectors edition (statue)...but hopefully WiiU will get the limited edition with red cover...how I loathe the ugly aqua  colour cover. Tho I'll be happy if its release at the same time as other consoles. :P

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
DLC is confirmed.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

Jaysonguy

Not at all

The age of the hardware has everything to do with the size of the user base. Right now, the other comparable consoles on the market have enormous user bases in comparison to the WiiU. Unless their successors sell exponentially better at launch than any console to date, they're going to have a relatively small user base when they're four months old as well.

But overall, I agree with Madmangamer... get used to it. There's a possibility that Sony and Microsoft will flub their next consoles and leave the WiiU on equal (or better) footing with them, but that's unlikely. Unless Nintendo makes the WiiU a must-have console for millions more people, developers aren't going to go out of their way to support it. They've done the math, and it just isn't economically worth it to go all out for such a small number of consumers. Not when the other markets have MANY more potential buyers. Everything will change once those markets reset as well, though.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Madmangamer364

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

Kaze_no_Mirai

Not at all

While the points you make are true it's foolish to say that the age of the console has nothing to do with it.

Maybe... but I don't think the Wii U's age has THAT much to do with things here. For the most part, we're talking about PS3/Xbox 360 ports here, not true next gen titles. The risks aren't as great as they're going to be, and there's still little desire to release games on the system. It's also one thing to wait for a userbase of a console to get larger, but it just doesn't look like most publishers are interested in the system at all, regardless of age or userbase. If it was a matter of infancy, you'd think someone would be going out of its way to see if it could get the ball rolling a little quicker, but it's anything but.

Simply put, I don't think most third parties have faith in the Wii U, and that's something that isn't going to be fixed very easily. Let's not forget we're talking about a successor to a console that sold around 100 million units and couldn't convince third parties to put its best foot forward. It's just hard to imagine the Wii U would ever become a more appealing platform, especially with hardware sales and software selling potential being nowhere near as strong.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thetravman

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

Jaysonguy

Not at all

WiiU is faring better than both the 360 and Ps3 launches and saw a significant increase in sales this month thanks to the late arrival of quality games. So it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that a console is struggling in its first quarter. Plus this is the first console to launch in a DLC driven industry so it's interesting to see how developers are reacting to the situation. They're merely hesitant and testing the waters with the WiiU. Age has everything to do with it, not its power (which is evident that it is just as capable as current generation). There also may be another factor behind the scenes with Nintendo' policy but we can't know for sure.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

thetravman

Not at all

WiiU is faring better than both the 360 and Ps3 launches and saw a significant increase in sales this month thanks to the late arrival of quality games.

Nope, that never happened.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 superbuuman

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

thetravman

Not at all

WiiU is faring better than both the 360 and Ps3 launches and saw a significant increase in sales this month thanks to the late arrival of quality games. So it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that a console is struggling in its first quarter. Plus this is the first console to launch in a DLC driven industry so it's interesting to see how developers are reacting to the situation. They're merely hesitant and testing the waters with the WiiU. Age has everything to do with it, not its power (which is evident that it is just as capable as current generation). There also may be another factor behind the scenes with Nintendo' policy but we can't know for sure.

Not really its due price cut by store themselves (not Nintendo). http://www.digitalspy.com.au/gaming/news/a469383/wii-u-uk-sales-rise-by-125-percent-after-new-releases-price-cuts.html

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thetravman

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Not at all

superbuuman

Not really its due price cut by store themselves (not Nintendo). http://www.digitalspy.com.au/gaming/news/a469383/wii-u-uk-sales-rise-by-125-percent-after-new-releases-price-cuts.html

The price cut alone hardly improved the sales: http://www.videogamer.com/news/wii_u_price_cut_hasnt_improved_sales_enough_says_retailer.html

After Lego and Monster Hunter released, sales finally picked up.

SUANHEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SUANHEI
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Don't have a Wii U, but if I get one, I'll buy Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U and Zelda Wind Waker.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Madmangamer364

thetravman

Y'know, people really have to stop comparing the Wii U's launch to the PS3/Xbox 360's as it's clearly used to hide the fact that the system isn't in demand. As a system that hasn't been hit with supply restraints or launched at an untypical price point for a console, the Wii U is supposed to be selling better, especially since it also follows the Wii. The fact is that even with all of the advantages the Wii U launched with, its demand has already dipped to a point that hasn't been seen globally since the GameCube's which isn't good, no matter how well it started. Secondly, before we start bragging about increased sales numbers, shouldn't we actually wait to see what those numbers actually are? My guess is that it still won't as pretty as you're making it to be.

This isn't about power or age, frankly. This is about the fact that most third parties have looked past the smoke and mirrors of the Wii U's early "success," and they see a console that won't bring back a very big return for them long-term. This hesitation is no different for them than it has been with previous Nintendo consoles, some of them actually having more promising future than the Wii U seems to have as we speak. I don't even see why some people try to complicate this discussion by insisting that it isn't about anything different than it has been for YEARS now. No hidden policies. No new precedents. Just plain ol' history as far as Nintendo and third parties are concerned.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thetravman

Y'know, people really have to stop comparing the Wii U's launch to the PS3/Xbox 360's as it's clearly used to hide the fact that the system isn't in demand. As a system that hasn't been hit with supply restraints or launched at an untypical price point for a console, the Wii U is supposed to be selling better, especially since it also follows the Wii. The fact is that even with all of the advantages the Wii U launched with, its demand has already dipped to a point that hasn't been seen globally since the GameCube's which isn't good, no matter how well it started. Secondly, before we start bragging about increased sales numbers, shouldn't we actually wait to see what those numbers actually are? My guess is that it still won't as pretty as you're making it to be.

Madmangamer364

The point is that consoles do struggle during their first quarter. The U has its reason for being overlooked (horrid marketing and game drought) and the Ps3 and 360 had theirs. Consider the pattern at work here. If the U is still at a snail pace throughout the year, then there is a problem. And I'm not guessing with sales numbers. Sales have improved in March according to UK and France. That's all it is at this point, an improvement, until the worldwide numbers are revealed. I'm not trying to sugarcoat it.

This isn't about power or age, frankly. This is about the fact that most third parties have looked past the smoke and mirrors of the Wii U's early "success," and they see a console that won't bring back a very big return for them long-term. This hesitation is no different for them than it has been with previous Nintendo consoles, some of them actually having more promising future than the Wii U seems to have as we speak. I don't even see why some people try to complicate this discussion by insisting that it isn't about anything different than it has been for YEARS now. No hidden policies. No new precedents. Just plain ol' history as far as Nintendo and third parties are concerned.

Madmangamer364

We're only talking about the lack of DLC and its still too early to determine what exactly is going on. This is a new field in which DLC is much more relevant than it was back in 2006 and we have a brand new console here. Is it not worth investing the additional content of the platform because of its infant fanbase? Some conflicts with Nintendo? Or just a lack of faith? I'll hold off on that argument for now. The ps4 and NextBox launches will shine some light on that field.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Madmangamer364

The point is that consoles do struggle during their first quarter. The U has its reason for being overlooked (horrid marketing and game drought) and the Ps3 and 360 had theirs. Consider the pattern at work here. If the U is still at a snail pace throughout the year, then there is a problem. And I'm not guessing with sales numbers. Sales have improved in March according to UK and France. That's all it is at this point, an improvement, until the worldwide numbers are revealed. I'm not trying to sugarcoat it. thetravman

Fair enough about the fact that the previous HD consoles struggled, much like the Wii U, but I still don't see the need for the comparison itself. And if you're going to talk about the actual pace at which the Wii U is selling in comparison to the other HD systems, it would serve to explain the reasoning. Otherwise, it just sounds incomplete and biased. It's not just with you, though. I think it's something that has been thrown around too much, even when everyone knows the Wii U is in rough shape right now. And I've seen an article that explains the rise in sales, but it's worth mentioned that when you bring up percentages, its relevance is only as important as how it's been selling previously, which I've yet to see personally. Glad to see you're not trying to sugarcoat things, but I did think it came off as such from the start, honestly.

We're only talking about the lack of DLC and its still too early to determine what exactly is going on. This is a new field in which DLC is much more relevant than it was back in 2006 and we have a brand new console here. Is it not worth investing the additional content of the platform because of its infant fanbase? Some conflicts with Nintendo? Or just a lack of faith? I'll hold off on that argument for now. The ps4 and NextBox launches will shine some light on that field.

thetravman

The Wii U has DLC in games already, though. I can't possibly think of anything that would prevent Injustice from getting DLC other than disinterest from the publisher itself. EA and Activision, among others, would have certainly mentioned (or leaked) something about the challenges of bringing DLC to the system by now if some conflict was the case, and then you have the likes of TecmoKoei releasing both free and paid DLC in its games without seemingly any trouble. The only common link I see is that all of those games sold poorly, and it's a strong possibility that Injustice will follow suit.

I agree it's a little soon to come to concrete conclusions, but given that DLC is so relevant in today's climate, I doubt there is anything holding back DLC on the Wii U other than numbers and economics. My guess is that trying to sell additional content for a market you know will consist of tens of thousands of owners simply isn't worth the effort here, and it's certainly the explanation most consistent with the system's third party support and third party relations with Nintendo as a whole. I'm not 100% convinced, but it's all-too-close.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Wii U owners need to support this version if the system is ever to see additional DLC. The same thing applies to NFSMWU. Speak with your wallet.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

Wii U owners need to support this version if the system is ever to see additional DLC. The same thing applies to NFSMWU. Speak with your wallet.

YearoftheSnake5

Nope

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Yes injustice truly is an injustice.  No Playable Poison Ivy yet they have Hawkgirl playable?  Seriously?  They have Harley Quinn and Catwoman, the ONLY missing part in the Gotham Sirens group (the biggest female crime group Gotham has ever had) is Poison Ivy.

I was interested in this game until I saw that Isabella wasn't playable.

As far as the demo goes, I don't care honestly but it does suck for those that did actually want to try it out beforehand on WiiU. 

Solution: Just go to best buy or gamestop, etc gamestore. I'm sure they'll have demo kiosks up for the other versions.  It shouldn't be much different.

Until Isabella comes over through DLC, I will pass on this game.

I hope you all have great fun with it.

Sidenote:

Do you think it's also an injustice that the WiiU will be getting that Rayman Legends Demo this month exclusively?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OreoMilkshake

fmlqx.png

Not sure why we are still arguing about false information.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy

fmlqx.png

OreoMilkshake

So you have proof that Wii U owners will get all the DLC including preorder bonuses and exclusive skins only in the collector's edition?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]

Jaysonguy

So you have proof that Wii U owners will get all the DLC including preorder bonuses and exclusive skins only in the collector's edition?

Where did I say anything about the collector's edition?

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

It isn't an Injustice against you. Buy it for those platforms if you can if it matters that much. The real Injustice would be the couple of million dollars that it would take to port the DLC to Wii U that would be flushed down the drain as only 10k Wii U owners actually purchase the DLC.

Same thing for COD and others. I think ACIII only got DLC on Wii U because Ubisoft is doing really well overall with the Wii U, with Zombi U passing 330k sales and all. Nintendo and Ubi seem very close lately, especially with the Zombi U bundle.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]Developers are hesitant at this point considering the Wii U's infancy. I won't be too surprised if the Ps4 and NextBox will receive the same treatment until its sales really start booming.Jaysonguy
Not at allThe Wii U's poor sales, overall weak power, and unfriendly system make devs not want to take the time.It has nothing to do wth the age of the hardware.

Would you quit trolling Jasonguy. You are a NINTENDO HATER. FACT. You may as well be Michael Patcher. Wii U hasnt had poor sales, it hasnt match the Wii sales sure, but it still destroyed the PS3/Xbox 360 sales in the same time frame. Wii U isnt weak. Your basing that off launch games lol thats just sad and pathetic and you lose your title of Gamer. Wait till the end of the year. Yes PS4 will be stronger but by leaps and bounds? Not even close. Unfriendly system? What the hell does that even mean? Does the system electricute you when you try to turn it on?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I never buy DLC anyway so couldn't care less :lol:

longchao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 longchao
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Lego City Undercover is a must buy.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="thetravman"]Developers are hesitant at this point considering the Wii U's infancy. I won't be too surprised if the Ps4 and NextBox will receive the same treatment until its sales really start booming.Master_Of_Fools

Not at allThe Wii U's poor sales, overall weak power, and unfriendly system make devs not want to take the time.It has nothing to do wth the age of the hardware.

Would you quit trolling Jasonguy. You are a NINTENDO HATER. FACT. You may as well be Michael Patcher. Wii U hasnt had poor sales, it hasnt match the Wii sales sure, but it still destroyed the PS3/Xbox 360 sales in the same time frame. Wii U isnt weak. Your basing that off launch games lol thats just sad and pathetic and you lose your title of Gamer. Wait till the end of the year. Yes PS4 will be stronger but by leaps and bounds? Not even close. Unfriendly system? What the hell does that even mean? Does the system electricute you when you try to turn it on?

Yes I hate Nintendo I get all their stuff at launch and buy their games, oooooo so much hate!

Also the Wii U outselling the "other" consoles in the same time frame?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Do me a favor, look up the actual history of those consoles, educate yourself on what really happened, and then we'll talk.

The fact that you think a console has to be out for over a year before it can have games that are on par with last generation is pathetic.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I don't buy multiplats for the Wii U.

I'm getting Injustice, but not for Wii U.

I want games that are DESIGNED around the Wii U's gimmick in a creative and effective way.

Injustice I will play elsewhere, and that's fine by me. My Wii U is for high quality exclusives, just as my N64, GC, and Wii were.

I feel bad for those pushing themselves to play games like this on a platform it wasn't really designed for. The Wii U games need to be made for the Wii U in mind for me to buy it.

That's why I bought the Wii U, for Wii U experiences.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

The real Injustice would be the couple of million dollars that it would take to port the DLC to Wii U that would be flushed down the drain as only 10k Wii U owners actually purchase the DLC.

bonesawisready5

It wouldn't take a couple million dollars to port DLC.... The stuff has already been created for the game, and even that part wouldn't cost millions of dollars. The actual porting process is relatively cheap.

And from what I can gather, the game will probably be getting DLC on the WiiU, just not the DLC that comes with the collector's edition on the other consoles. It makes sense to not release that edition on the WiiU since the packaging for that is definitely expensive and the market just isn't there for that kind of thing on the WiiU yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer that DLC separately on the WiiU at some point, though.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 superbuuman

I don't buy multiplats for the Wii U.

I'm getting Injustice, but not for Wii U.

I want games that are DESIGNED around the Wii U's gimmick in a creative and effective way.

Injustice I will play elsewhere, and that's fine by me. My Wii U is for high quality exclusives, just as my N64, GC, and Wii were.

I feel bad for those pushing themselves to play games like this on a platform it wasn't really designed for. The Wii U games need to be made for the Wii U in mind for me to buy it.

That's why I bought the Wii U, for Wii U experiences.

SolidTy

nah its fine if they don't tacked on special moves on the gamepad screen - that's just a silly move.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kaze_no_Mirai
As long as it runs on par with the other versions I'll probably be picking it up on Wii U just to build my Wii U library.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

The real Injustice would be the couple of million dollars that it would take to port the DLC to Wii U that would be flushed down the drain as only 10k Wii U owners actually purchase the DLC.

JordanElek

It wouldn't take a couple million dollars to port DLC.... The stuff has already been created for the game, and even that part wouldn't cost millions of dollars. The actual porting process is relatively cheap.

And from what I can gather, the game will probably be getting DLC on the WiiU, just not the DLC that comes with the collector's edition on the other consoles. It makes sense to not release that edition on the WiiU since the packaging for that is definitely expensive and the market just isn't there for that kind of thing on the WiiU yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer that DLC separately on the WiiU at some point, though.

Regardless it would at least cost a few hundred thousan dollars and the game isn't likely to sell more than like 50k-100k on Wii U at best, and usually DLC doesn't have a great attach rate to a game. If 100k people bought Injustice on Wii U probably 10k-20k at best would buy DLC for it. They'd bleed money on it either way. I'm not saying I wouldn't want it but it makes perfect sense why it wouldn't come to Wii U

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
The ONLY DLC I'll buy in this game is a Playable Poison Ivy, other than that, this game can shove it.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

Jaysonguy

Nope

Agreed, hell no. Not buying any games from this trash publisher (speaking only for EA & NFSMWU).

Bummer about Injustice pubs shafting wiiu, not that I'm at all surprised, it's still damn lame. 

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

jer_1

Nope

Agreed, hell no. Not buying any games from this trash publisher (speaking only for EA & NFSMWU).

Bummer about Injustice pubs shafting wiiu, not that I'm at all surprised, it's still damn lame. 

How the publisher with some of the most critically acclaimed (by critics and gamers alike) is trash is well beyond me. You may not agree with some of their business practices, but they publish some high quality games.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Nope

Toxic-Seahorse

How the publisher with some of the most critically acclaimed (by critics and gamers alike) is trash is well beyond me. You may not agree with some of their business practices, but they publish some high quality games.

The reason why I never get too caught up in disliking a particular publisher is because I don't want to lose out on certain developers. It isn't the developers  fault their publisher sucks, so I tend to support the dev no matter what even if it means giving my money to a less than favorable pub

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kaze_no_Mirai
It's a pretty crappy situation sometimes for Wii U multiplats. They don't get the full treatment so people are hesitant to pick it up, meaning lower sales. Then publishers claim that they won't offer full treatment because of low sales. Kinda like NFSMWU, when they said that future Wii U DLC would depend on sales of the Wii U version. Then someone mentioned that maybe more people would be inclined to buy that version if they knew that they could count on future DLC
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Here's some videos for this game.

http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/videos/platform/wii-u/

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
It's a pretty crappy situation sometimes for Wii U multiplats. They don't get the full treatment so people are hesitant to pick it up, meaning lower sales. Then publishers claim that they won't offer full treatment because of low sales. Kinda like NFSMWU, when they said that future Wii U DLC would depend on sales of the Wii U version. Then someone mentioned that maybe more people would be inclined to buy that version if they knew that they could count on future DLCKaze_no_Mirai
Yup. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation for Wii U gamers.
homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]It's a pretty crappy situation sometimes for Wii U multiplats. They don't get the full treatment so people are hesitant to pick it up, meaning lower sales. Then publishers claim that they won't offer full treatment because of low sales. Kinda like NFSMWU, when they said that future Wii U DLC would depend on sales of the Wii U version. Then someone mentioned that maybe more people would be inclined to buy that version if they knew that they could count on future DLCToxic-Seahorse
Yup. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation for Wii U gamers.

While that may be a little bit more particularly true for NFSMWU, as I would imagine, though I have no data, the players of that sort of game would perhaps be more inclined to pick up DLC that included new cars and such, in general I'm not sure how much that would apply to most games. Regardless, the attach rate of most DLC for most games is still less than 10% (according some execs), so that wouldn't really cause a big swing in the number of units. I did do my part and bought NFSMWU when it was on sale for $30. I don't care much for racers, but I like what Criterion does with them. Great game.
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Buying a Nintendo console for anything other than the yearly franchise first party games and a rare occasional third party exclusive is foolish.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Madmangamer364

While that may be a little bit more particularly true for NFSMWU, as I would imagine, though I have no data, the players of that sort of game would perhaps be more inclined to pick up DLC that included new cars and such, in general I'm not sure how much that would apply to most games. Regardless, the attach rate of most DLC for most games is still less than 10% (according some execs), so that wouldn't really cause a big swing in the number of units.homegirl2180

To piggyback off of homegirl2180's point (if I may), I don't think there should be such a strong expectation for DLC when getting a game. I think it's a much safer play if you buy a game for the experience that you're getting, not for what you hope will come down the line. If a game simply doesn't offer the experience you're looking for beforehand, I don't think it's a good idea to buy it and anticipate that more content will come down the line to justify things. I can understand that it might be disappointing to see your version of a game not get all the same bells and whistles as another version, but it's only a problem if you expected to be there when you knew it didn't currently exist before picking up the game.

Since publishers are going to look out for themselves in this regard, consumers would only be smart to do the same. You're just playing a dangerous game paying for 'maybes,' especially with third party games on a Nintendo system.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"]While that may be a little bit more particularly true for NFSMWU, as I would imagine, though I have no data, the players of that sort of game would perhaps be more inclined to pick up DLC that included new cars and such, in general I'm not sure how much that would apply to most games. Regardless, the attach rate of most DLC for most games is still less than 10% (according some execs), so that wouldn't really cause a big swing in the number of units.Madmangamer364

To piggyback off of homegirl2180's point (if I may), I don't think there should be such a strong expectation for DLC when getting a game. I think it's a much safer play if you buy a game for the experience that you're getting, not for what you hope will come down the line. If a game simply doesn't offer the experience you're looking for beforehand, I don't think it's a good idea to buy it and anticipate that more content will come down the line to justify things. I can understand that it might be disappointing to see your version of a game not get all the same bells and whistles as another version, but it's only a problem if you expected to be there when you knew it didn't currently exist before picking up the game.

Since publishers are going to look out for themselves in this regard, consumers would only be smart to do the same. You're just playing a dangerous game paying for 'maybes,' especially with third party games on a Nintendo system.

I'll agree. I was still surprised when Bioshock Infinite revealed it'd be getting single-player DLC. Now that's a game I'd actually want DLC for, but I bought Infinite for just what the main game would offer. Knowing that single-player DLC would come down the line didn't make me want to play or buy it any "more", since I expected the game I bought to stand on its own merits. The DLC could suck (though I doubt it will). I suppose since I feel more oftne than not, DLC I've bought hasn't been worth it, DLC doesn't excite me.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 superbuuman

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"]While that may be a little bit more particularly true for NFSMWU, as I would imagine, though I have no data, the players of that sort of game would perhaps be more inclined to pick up DLC that included new cars and such, in general I'm not sure how much that would apply to most games. Regardless, the attach rate of most DLC for most games is still less than 10% (according some execs), so that wouldn't really cause a big swing in the number of units.homegirl2180

I'll agree. I was still surprised when Bioshock Infinite revealed it'd be getting single-player DLC. Now that's a game I'd actually want DLC for, but I bought Infinite for just what the main game would offer. Knowing that single-player DLC would come down the line didn't make me want to play or buy it any "more", since I expected the game I bought to stand on its own merits. The DLC could suck (though I doubt it will). I suppose since I feel more oftne than not, DLC I've bought hasn't been worth it, DLC doesn't excite me.

Man so wish Nintendo would actively pursue & get Bioshock Infinite for Wii U, I still haven't bought it...but will soon...if I know its coming for Wii U I'd hold off my purchase..first game in a long while to make me go "Wow" when I saw the video of gameplay. So pretty. :)