How Do You Use Power Saves for the Wii? -Help-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

big_mtn_skier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 big_mtn_skier
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
Does anyone know how to use "Power Saves" for the Wii. For example, the ones downloaded off the Gamefaqs? I don't know how to, and really would like to be able to use them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Piece of proverbial cake

Just download a save to your computer then plug in your SD card to the computer with a reader. Then just drag the save onto your SD card (in the file that game saves are stored) then throw the SD card in your Wii and viola.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Sorry, but whats a power save?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaysonguy

Sorry, but whats a power save?Haziqonfire

I think that's the term he's using for adding someone else's save on your SD card to use for your games (either from friends or websites online)

secretagentx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 secretagentx9
Member since 2003 • 410 Posts
I tried doing this as well, and I can't figure it out. How do I get the game to load my SD data instead of what's already saved on my Wii? There are definitely a few games I have where I'm never going to unlock everything, but I'd still like to see what it does and maybe play some later missions. Anybody care to go into more detail? I tried it jaysonguys way and it seemed like a big mess last time I tried. Not wanting to corrupt any of my current save data I walked away and resigned to try it when I knew more about what I was doing.
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts

Power Save's are lame.

Just Keep Playing and get Better.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy

Ok, well there's a few things first.

If you already have a save for a certain game you want to back that up on your computer before you start all this.

Now when you go into the SD card in your computer you're going to see a folder named "private" open that folder and you'll see a folder called "Wii" open THAT folder and you'll see a folder named "title" open that folder and you'll see a whole mess of folders.

When you open any one of those folders you'll see a file named "data"

This is where it gets tricky, you have to go online or call Nintendo and ask what each game's folder is named. When you find the right folder you remove the data file in the folder (make sure you back it up if you want it) and then add the save you downloaded (from a friend or website)

When you start the game if it doesn't read the game save right off the card you might have to make a new game then copy the game save on the SD card OVER that save.

It sounds more complicated then it is lol

big_mtn_skier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 big_mtn_skier
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
I don't have any of those folders on my memory card. Any ideas why? Oh and are the saves suppose to appear when they are on the SD card and you are in the memory manager function on the Wii console? Because mine never did, it just indicated that I had less space on my SD card then before.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

I don't have any of those folders on my memory card. Any ideas why? Oh and are the saves suppose to appear when they are on the SD card and you are in the memory manager function on the Wii console? Because mine never did, it just indicated that I had less space on my SD card then before. big_mtn_skier

Yes, when you copy over game data they show in the little boxes on the SD card when you look at it on the Wii

hamptonocon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hamptonocon
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
It's all explained at www.wiisave.com
KenpachiSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 KenpachiSama
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts
Power Save is this $20 piece-of-dookie that Datel made (makers of the Freeloader) that instantly gives you all unlockable items and whatever else. If someone was truly desperate enough to have to do that, why don't they just upload the million data saves that you can find over the interne? Way to go Datel for wanting to rip people off. hahaha.
mast3rlinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mast3rlinx
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
ITS NOT AN SD CARD its some new action replay