How do I access my VC games from Wii to Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#1 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Right I have managed to transfer my gaming downloads from Wii to Wii U but now I want to know where do I go to find them because I am a bit stuck.

Do you just have to redownload them after that or do you have to do something else. I am just asking because I am a bit stuck at the moment.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@chocolate1325 said:

Right I have managed to transfer my gaming downloads from Wii to Wii U but now I want to know where do I go to find them because I am a bit stuck.

Do you just have to redownload them after that or do you have to do something else. I am just asking because I am a bit stuck at the moment.

look for the wii app on your wiiU menu. it says "wii". click on that and get your wiimote synced to the new wiiU then it will ask you to click ok on the tv with the wiimote.

then you will be taken to wii mode....thats where your wiishop and virtual console games should be.....if you had them on an sd crad then put the sd card in your wiiU.

if you still cant find them then while you are in wii mode go to the wii shop channel and redownload them again.....if there is no option to redownload then something is very very wrong.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

KBFloYd hit the nail on the head. The only thing I'd add is that you *can* update your Wii VC games to Wii U VC games by paying an additional fee. This effectively adds Wii U game pad support and a few other minor details. I'd imagine that they have to have Wii U versions available to do this though.