Guitar Hero: World Tour SD Card/System Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ranchod94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Ranchod94
Member since 2004 • 404 Posts

Heya... so, here's the deal. I DLed a bunch of songs onto my Wii for GH:WT and, when I ran out of space, I moved them onto my SD Card. Afterwards, I went to DL some more songs and then tried to also move those onto my SD card, since I've maxed out my space a second time, and I cannot. If I try to move either file, it tells me that a file of that name already exists on the SD Card/Wii System memory. So, while the expanded storage space is nice, am I still limited to only twice what was free on my Wii from the get-go, or is there some other way around this so that my other songs can be stored on my card, as well? I know Nintendo is pretty dopey when it comes to anything online or hard drive related, but this is quite sad, to be honest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

snipe12388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 snipe12388
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
The problem with the game is that it was not programmed to be able to use SDHC cards. I think the game calls the song "downloaded file" or something generic along those lines, and that's why the Wii will not copy it. What you can do though, is copy all of one sd card's files onto your computer, then copy those files, into the sd card with the GH DLC. That way you have one card with GH DLC, and the other filled with the rest of the stuff. Hopefully, the next GH will have the sdhc card support so we can just get a 16 or 32 gb card and call it a day.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

You can store as many songs on and SD card as it'll hold. I've got about 20 songs on mine already. I'm not really sure what's wrong with your game though. Did you go under the Rock Archive manager and check what songs are on your SD card and make sure the songs you wanted isn't on it already. It'll list all the songs currently on your card and on the system's internal memory. Also if your card is in the system when you are downloading a song it'll ask you if you want to save it to an SD card.