Gamecube Controller Adapter for Wii U is back!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Just picked this beast up this morning, i tried to get Greninja but they sold out at 8am this morning, i grabbed another Pacman though just incase can trade or get lucky and he not be common. I was let down but enjoyed talking to the other people, so i left Toysrus and went by Gamestop to look and they had 9 of these bad boys. What a way to cheer me up, me and WaveBird bout to beast.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

This is so worth it for hardcore Smash fans. I approve!

RetroGameBros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RetroGameBros
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Great if you love smash and played Melee alot but being as Nintendo haven't supported it as a pro or classic controller its not gonna be worth it for a lot of people

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Just a question , is the adapter an absolute must ? cuz those new "GC like" controllers plug to the Wiimote. This ones:

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@raugutcon: No, it is not a must, it only works with Super Smash Bros for Wii U so far as i know. You cant use it with Wii Mode on your Wii U so its pretty much just a Super Smash Gamecube Adapter right now. The ones that plug into the WiiMote look awesome, and being able to plug a Gamecube Controller into a WiiMote to make it wireless is epic. I have a WaveBird and a few Gamecube controllers that i wanted to use as extras so i picked up the adapter so i didnt have to buy a few more remotes. I just wanted to be able to have 8 players cheap if that makes sense. The Gamecube controllers for Wii U are for sure the way to go.