Free Flipnote Studio is here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I jumped onto the Club Nintendo site and saw in the announcements that flipnote studio, which we're supposed to get later this week has been pushed back to later this month. While not surprising I thought it was something that people should be made aware of. I'm sure that after the Club Nintendo site is stabilized again they will be giving them out.

*edit*

Its here! Its in your to do list and available for download! But sadly Club Nintendo is getting packed full of traffic again.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#2 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

Yeah. But what's 20 days or even another month when some of us have been waiting for four years? *anime tears* :P

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

Club Nintendo is still a disaster for me. I tried redeeming something, it didn't work, and it said that my coins are "Safe with Wario." So later I tried redeeming the prize again, and again it didn't work. Later I see that coins were deducted from my account for both times I tried redeeming the same thing, but I still didn't even get anything. Had to call Nintendo to hear them say that I have to wait like a week and see what happens, but they'll fix it. I don't see how their website can't handle traffic, pretty unprofessional.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spinnerweb

@rubber-chicken: Yeah. That really sucks. For me, I registered a PIN for Pokemon OR and it showed up in the products I've registered, but I got no survey or coins even after waiting for three days. I emailed them about it this morning. Their site is always glitchy during even slightly heavy-traffic times. I hope the new one is better.

I don't get why emailing the Flipnote Studio code to members is such trouble for them. They've done it with demo codes before easily enough. And if they're still generating the codes, then that's unprofessional. They could have prepared in advance, y'know?

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bunchanumbers

Yeah for some reason I don't think planned for the pure traffic it was going to cause. I ended up buying 4 games from the selection, but it took a while. I ended up logging in at bizarrely late/early when I figured it would have the least amount of traffic and I got my stuff then. But I also had all my stuff registered so I only needed to spend coins. I wish they would email the codes. It would be easier than having a flooded site flooded worse.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bunchanumbers

It's here! Congrats to the people who can grab it day 1. I think I'll wait until this weekend before I take a shot at it.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Spinnerweb

Finally, I say.

I managed to get it after repeated attempts; Club Nintendo never runs smoothly.

It's only 64 blocks. I haven't tried it yet.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Huzzah! The long wait is almost over! Now to tell all my flipnote-hungry friends and hopefully one of us can get through after numerous attempts.

I can't believe it has been 4 years...

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Woah, wtf they removed the online gallery? Seriously, Nintendo? What's the point if we can't view or share our creations globally?!

Is this another Swapnote situation? I appreciate their concern to protect children from potentially watching something they're not supposed to but there are so many ways they could have approached this without having to remove the online gallery from the Japanese version. What makes Japan so special? I would gladly pay for an online gallery with SFW/NSFW filters.

This is immensely disappointing. We waited so long for a gimped version.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

Woah, wtf they removed the online gallery? Seriously, Nintendo? What's the point if we can't view or share our creations globally?!

Is this another Swapnote situation? I appreciate their concern to protect children from potentially watching something they're not supposed to but there are so many ways they could have approached this without having to remove the online gallery from the Japanese version. What makes Japan so special? I would gladly pay for an online gallery with SFW/NSFW filters.

This is immensely disappointing. We waited so long for a gimped version.

Complete deal breaker.