DS/GBA game's that are not dependent on L/R?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Both of of my ds lite bumpers gave and I have no idea how to fix. The only game I know where L/R buttons are not required are the pokemon games and I already them. Can't really afford to buy a new system unless the 2ds goes on sale for $80 during black friday.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Try out the Final fantasy remakes on the GBA. IIRC they don't need the bumpers at all.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@TheShadowLord07 said:

Both of of my ds lite bumpers gave and I have no idea how to fix. The only game I know where L/R buttons are not required are the pokemon games and I already them. Can't really afford to buy a new system unless the 2ds goes on sale for $80 during black friday.

Its going to sound weird, but if you put your mouth on the button like its a trumpet and blow in from the side it made my GBA SP L/R buttons work. I was also told this works on DS/DSLite too. I'd try that out and it doesn't require taking the system apart.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I purchased a DS lite from Gamestop/EB games for only $39.99 But I had to search for a store with one available. So if you live in city with a lot of EBgames/Gamestop locations then you may be able to get another DS lite. I already had a DSi but the Datel Action Replay DSi doesn't work with the latest DSi firmware. So I had to hunt down a DSlite in order to use the Action Replay.

So if may be able to get another DSlite console for $40.00 good luck in your DSlite search.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

If you're playing GBA games on your DS then you'll need to get a DS, otherwise you can upgrade when you do get the money to a 3DS and it'll be BC with your DS games, but it won't be for GBA games.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Don´t have people that fix those handhelds ? My daughter´s DS lite lower screen no longer functioned because the hinge on the housing broke, took it for repair to "La Plaza de La Tecnología" ( the technology mal ) and it got a new housing ( even a limited edition housing ) and a new screen for 20 dollars. There must be something similar to where I took it in where you live.