Does the GC to GBA link cable work on Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 -Phaz-
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts

Well i want to know does the GameCube to Game Boy Advance link cable work on the Wii?

(the cable you can use in crystal cronciles, pokemon collisuem ect.)

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
no
-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Phaz-
damn... cheers for replying though
Avatar image for deactivated-5ead18461c800
deactivated-5ead18461c800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5ead18461c800
Member since 2007 • 478 Posts
Hmm... "GAMECUBE to GBA cable". I wonder if it'll work with my PS3?:D
-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Phaz-

Hmm... "GAMECUBE to GBA cable". I wonder if it'll work with my PS3?:DHyper_Shado

your attempt at trying to be funny really does suck...

Gamecube games play on the Wii, you can plug GC controllers into the Wii, whats to stop the GC to GBA cable working, it was a perfectly valid question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ead18461c800

[QUOTE="Hyper_Shado"]Hmm... "GAMECUBE to GBA cable". I wonder if it'll work with my PS3?:D-Phaz-

Gamecube games play on the Wii, you can plug GC controllers into the Wii, whats to stop the GC to GBA cable working, it was a perfectly valid question.

Because I don't see any place on the Wii that says "plug in your GBA link cable HERE".

Besides, Nintendo said **** the GBA/GC connectivity a long time ago, and now they're focusing on the Wireless World. I doubt they'd implement functionality for something like that.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Because I don't see any place on the Wii that says "plug in your GBA link cable HERE".

Hyper_Shado

The cable just plugs into the standard controller port on the GCN...

Beech101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Beech101
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

no, you're right ... why make use of technology that is already in the console? ...seems silly to me

[QUOTE="-Phaz-"]

[QUOTE="Hyper_Shado"]Hmm... "GAMECUBE to GBA cable". I wonder if it'll work with my PS3?:DHyper_Shado

Besides, Nintendo said **** the GBA/GC connectivity a long time ago, and now they're focusing on the Wireless World. I doubt they'd implement functionality for something like that.

-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Phaz-
[QUOTE="-Phaz-"]

[QUOTE="Hyper_Shado"]Hmm... "GAMECUBE to GBA cable". I wonder if it'll work with my PS3?:DHyper_Shado

Guess what! i just found out the cable does work for the Wii. so apparently nintendo didnt '****' the connectivity.

The Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable is a cable used to connect the Nintendo GameCube (GCN) and the Game Boy Advance (GBA) to trade information. Small games can be downloaded into the GBA, the GBA may be used as an extra screen to supplement gameplay, or the GBA can be a separate controller. The cable has one end that plugs into a GameCube controller slot and another end that plugs into the GBA's extension port. It is the descendant of the Transfer Pak. The cable is compatible with the Nintendo GameCube, Wii, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Player, and e-Reader. The cable does not work with the Game Boy micro, as the micro has a differently shaped Link Port. However, Troz1820 discovered how to hack a micro compatible Link Cable and a GameCube/Game Boy Advance cable together in order to restore such compatibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube-Game_Boy_Advance_cable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5ead18461c800

Good for you then.

BTW, couldn't you have saved yourself some time and just tried the thing out yourself?

-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Phaz-

Good for you then.

BTW, couldn't you have saved yourself some time and just tried the thing out yourself?

Hyper_Shado

touche