Could someone please help me restore my DS to factory settings?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 k86
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Hey

I'm really very sorry to bother everyone but I'm selling my DS at the moment and I would like to know if there was anyway to restore it to the factory settings?
I've been looking online for a while but I can't seem to find an answer from our Google friend

Thank you all i nadvance
K86
zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
What you should do is get a little fillips screw driver and unscrew the back off of the DS. Thenn you pull out the battery and put it back in. Screw the backing back on and it will go through the original setup. Hope that helps ;) Oh and I've only done this on the Phat DS since I only have a Phat DS.
atomD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 atomD21
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
Taking the battery out works on the DS Lite too.
Camzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Camzo
Member since 2006 • 2142 Posts
yes also you could hit it with a hammer really, really hard. (no blame taken if your ds doesnt work afterwards) yes, the battery thing works too :D
mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts
[QUOTE="Camzo"]yes also you could hit it with a hammer really, really hard. (no blame taken if your ds doesnt work afterwards) yes, the battery thing works too :D

Great minds think alike. Just in case you were thinking about a way to format it from the console itself, I haven't found any way to do that yet.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
[QUOTE="Camzo"]yes also you could hit it with a hammer really, really hard. (no blame taken if your ds doesnt work afterwards) yes, the battery thing works too :D

Or throw it out the window
k86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 k86
Hey

Thank you all very much for your ideas about resetting the DS, but I tried the un-fun and boring option first of removing the battery and it worked so I diden't get change to either smash it with a hammer or to throw it out of the window, sorry, but thank you all very much for your time :-)

K86
vegaguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vegaguy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I took apart my DS three times, each time I did it, it resetted. The only way to do is to unplug and plug the tape contacts inside the DS located near the bottom screen. Or you could sell you DS and get a PSP, which is much better.
roan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 roan23
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
just take the battery, and you are done, or just deleted all the information in there. My big question is, Why did u want to sell ur DS?
k86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 k86
just take the battery, and you are done, or just deleted all the information in there. My big question is, Why did u want to sell ur DS?roan23
Hey The only reason I'm selling my DS is because I never play on it anymore, sorry, I think that the last game I got for it was in either late 2005 or early 2006 and since then there hasen't really been much (game wise) to want me to play on it The DS is the original version and I've kind of been wanting a Lite since they came out so maybe later in the year I will upgrade to a Lite K86
elainpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 elainpa
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
bought a used DS for son. Tried to factory reset by taking battery out. Does not work. There is a needed PIN to change internet settings. Any help in how to totally reset ? THANKS