chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#1 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Right today I got a Wii U with Mario Kart 8 and I used the Gamepad which was very comfortavble to play but I am now going to be getting Mario 3D World and Smash Bros as my next Wii U purchases. Can I just ask what would you recommend using for Smash Bros and Mario 3D World in terms of controls.

rreavis1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rreavis1986
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

I played through Mario 3d World with the Pro controller because I like it alot better than the gamepad. The only time I use the gamepad is if the game doesnt support the pro controller. I played Mario Kart 8 with the Classic Controller Pro plugged into a wiimote most of the time because no one else wanted to use it. Everyones first choice when I game with family/friends is the Pro controller, which I have 2 of, then someone uses the gamepad and I use the CCP....no one wants to use a wiimote+nunchuck, though.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Super Mario 3D World - Pro Controller

Super Smash Bros - GameCube controller

rreavis1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rreavis1986
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

If all games supported the GC controller, I would've bought the adapter....still wishing I did though.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Gamepad is fine. Especially since you said you think it's comfortable.

I was going to get the GCN adapter for Smash, but they sold out. I got used to the Wii U Pro controller within a few days of Smash. So really, the GCN controller is not necessary. People are just nostalgic and over hyping the controller.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Wii U Pro controller is good for sm4sh. I use it and I have the gc adapter. I like the grip more, and there isn't more input lag. I compared frame by frame by pressing both buttons at the same time.

The analogue stick is also easier to move around than the gc one which I like.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

3D World with either the gamepad or the pro controller. There are some instances where you need the game pad and it adds extra functionality, so that might be my first choice.

I'm trying to get the gamecube adapter for SSB, but I have a feeling the Pro controller would be fine too. I don't know yet. I just want the bundle so I could hook all my old Gamecube controllers up for intense multiplayer battles.

jaenjaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 jaenjaes
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

For Smash Brothers, if you don't own any GameCube controllers nor have the money, or patience to find an adapter, I'd recommend the Wii U Pro Controller. It's easily my most used controller out of any Nintendo option because it's comfortable, has great battery life, and (I'm no expert at recognizing this) it seems like there's minimal button lag even when wireless in a home setting. It's a little pricey at 50USD but for usability, it serves its money's worth for sure.