COD3 unplayable!!??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Totodile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Totodile
Member since 2005 • 998 Posts
I just got Call of Duty 3 and it is completely unplayable!! The cursor is unresponsive, sometimes stops and 'drifts' across the screen. Shooting is s*** and unsatisfying, because the crosshair is too big (not to mention not there when zoomed in) and you can't tell if you've shot someone or not when long range shooting.
I have Red Steel as well and it is SOOOOO much better!!!! I have no idea how it scored less than COD3 on GS!

If you have it and love it, please tell me your secrets to make this, thing, considered a game.
cricket_foreva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cricket_foreva
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts
Um,...... i have it and play it. It works perfectly and i find it too be a good game to play. I think the Tv is about 2.5 meters away from where i sit on the couch. Oh and just move your wrist instead of your whole hand.
monopolyloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 monopolyloser
Member since 2003 • 287 Posts
Wow, are you playing the same game?  I have it, and yes it does have some minor issues, but not to the point of making it non-playable.  Give it some time to adjust, and maybe tweak the setting a bit.  Red Steel has a different feel than COD3.
v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
Mine works fine :|
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts
Have you tried adjusting your Wii-mote settings/sensitivity?
GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 GumbieuK
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
Works for my perfectly, try changing your sensitivity.
Jimmy_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Jimmy_Frank
Member since 2006 • 262 Posts
i had the same problem in the begining but like the post above i just changed the settings and adjusted i guess. The game is not that great in my opinion, but the major drawback for me is the hard controls its the lack of multiplayer. I much rather have another game.
LouiLoomis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LouiLoomis
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I had exactly the same trouble and ended up taking the game back. As well as the cursor having a mind of its own, it also froze my system up a couple of times and I had to turn it off by the mains. Shame too cause I thought the game would of been ok without those issues.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

I just got Call of Duty 3 and it is completely unplayable!! The cursor is unresponsive, sometimes stops and 'drifts' across the screen. Shooting is s*** and unsatisfying, because the crosshair is too big (not to mention not there when zoomed in) and you can't tell if you've shot someone or not when long range shooting.
I have Red Steel as well and it is SOOOOO much better!!!! I have no idea how it scored less than COD3 on GS!

If you have it and love it, please tell me your secrets to make this, thing, considered a game.
Totodile

Yep, it disconnects for some reason and just scrolls aimlessly across the screen. Also on my version the fuses could  NOT be pulled out of explosives. I sold this piece of **** and I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. Red steel is ten times better.

Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
After changing the sensitivity a bit I thought the controls were great, better than dual analog.
Avatar image for Magic_Sea_Otter
Magic_Sea_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Magic_Sea_Otter
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts
alright, this is what ive noticed. i pop in COD3. i sit back and start up the game. i point the wii mote at the screen and the aiming is sluggish and faulty. i scoot my chair back about a foot or 2, works like a charm, no issues what soever. you might wanna try using the sensor bar stand that came with the system. thats what i use.
smileyryder34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 smileyryder34
Member since 2003 • 468 Posts

Totodile
I found that I did not have any trouble with the game at all. I sat about 7-8 feet from the TV all the time and the crosshairs were responsive and didn't move at all if I didn't move my hand. The crosshair itself may be too big, but there's a dot in the center that if it is on the enemy you will shoot them. When you're zoomed in you're not supposed to have a crosshair as you're looking down the sight of the gun. If you have a scope on the gun you have the cross in the site, where it meets that's where you're aiming. The MG's have a circle sight that if your target is in the circle YOU WILL shoot him. The only complaint I have about the game is the visuals are a bit drab, but it was WW2 and everything was drab then.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
Whilst I do prefer Red Steel to CoD3, the controls are by no means as bad as you described. For the most part they are extremely responsive, however they can lock up sometimes; especially on later levels (stinks of a rushed port).
Colinllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Colinllama
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts
I had a few problems, then I sat in a different seat, closer to the Wii, and it was fine.  I think the poor response was at least partly due to sitting right at the edge of the wiimotes range in my case. :)
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11932 Posts
I don't want it.
woodland6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 woodland6
Member since 2006 • 304 Posts

Iv started two files on this game and experienced the same problem.

But ONLY on the first level, after that it worked fine think it plays great.

The turning speed is great and i love aimin down the sight with the wiimote.

If Redsteel had cods aiming responsivness it would have been so much better, not that i dont already like it!

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
The only thing I notice about CoD3 I am unpleased with is how dark it is....
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Well this is how all COD's play and built a great reputation doing it, its realistic. Yeah its got a few pointer problems but practice helps :P
urine72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 urine72
Member since 2003 • 1043 Posts
thats crazy. i got my wii on launch, with that i got zelda, trauma center, and red steel. i havent touched red steel since, the controls were miserable. So i decided to steer clear of FPS's till Metroid Prime 3 comes out. But then i played my friends copy of COD3 the difference was night and day i think its perfect. I can not understand how anyone would prefer RS's control style to COD3's.
movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
The game is just to dark at night lvls i cant see a thing other then that the controls are perfect
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Arthas045
same problems here
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tomarlyn
The only thing I notice about CoD3 I am unpleased with is how dark it is....Arthas045
This is due to it being built for PS2 hardware although there is still little care taken for realistic lighting, not even a muzzle flash that helps light up a dark room when shooting. MOH: Vangaurd has much better lighting though.
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Arthas045
[QUOTE="Arthas045"]The only thing I notice about CoD3 I am unpleased with is how dark it is....tomarlyn
This is due to it being built for PS2 hardware although there is still little care taken for realistic lighting, not even a muzzle flash that helps light up a dark room when shooting. MOH: Vangaurd has much better lighting though.

yea i have high hopes for MOH
Toasteddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Toasteddude
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts
I find it to be quite playable actually. The cursor responds just fine. And just FYI for everyone, if you pull the fuse slowly (not jerk the nunchuk back really, really fast) it will work perfectly. Took me a while to find out. :)
Lunatic_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lunatic_Monk
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts

Totodile
I have it. Played it. Beat it. In Call of Duty 3 everything works fine. It's a lot better than Red Steel which gets extremely repetitive. Call of Duty takes some getting used to but Red Steel is not better than it by a long shot.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
The drifting of the cursor occurs when the game has framerate problems, I blame the bad porting job. When the game doesn't lag the aiming can be really good, just adjust the speed high enough. I like how the dynamic aiming works, you can turn fast enough and be pretty damn precise too.

Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts
Mine works fine :|v3n0m111
Same here.
prozack28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 prozack28
Member since 2006 • 735 Posts
wow, are you nuts? i thought COD3 controlled 100 times better than red steel
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="Totodile"]I just got Call of Duty 3 and it is completely unplayable!! The cursor is unresponsive, sometimes stops and 'drifts' across the screen. Shooting is s*** and unsatisfying, because the crosshair is too big (not to mention not there when zoomed in) and you can't tell if you've shot someone or not when long range shooting.

Lunatic_Monk
I have it. Played it. Beat it. In Call of Duty 3 everything works fine. It's a lot better than Red Steel which gets extremely repetitive. Call of Duty takes some getting used to but Red Steel is not better than it by a long shot.

Funny I actually found RS a lot deeper and more varied.
SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts
Works good for me, and I would say it is way better that red steel.
OddballTECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#31 OddballTECH
Member since 2005 • 7902 Posts
I think that COD3 is one of the Wii's most responsive games.  There is something wrong with your sensor bar or something.
Totodile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Totodile
Member since 2005 • 998 Posts
Just started trying to playing COD3 today, and today it's almost PERFECT! I don't know what I'm doing differently, but it works! And it is actually a really fun game.
tenaciousdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tenaciousdan
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
I've completed COD3 on normal and hard mode with little to no trouble. Also completed Red Steel and enjoyed it equally !