Can't go to wii menu....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eattacosAMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 eattacosAMR
Member since 2006 • 435 Posts

My dumb friend pressed the power button while my wii was getting rid of my messages and now it can't go back to the wii menu everytime I try turning it on its has the warning text and then I just get a black screen. Does anyone know a solution?

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Unplug/remove everything: power cord, gamecube controllers and memory cards, SD cards, USB devices (if you have any), sensor bar, video cables, and let it sit for 10 minutes and then plug back the power and video cables as well as the sensor bar and turn it on again. If it works, plug everything else back. If it doesn't, send it to Nintendo.

Emurozii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Emurozii
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts
1. Eject the game disk (if there is one). 2. Unplug the Wii from the back. 3. Wait 1 minute. 4. Plug it back in. 5. Turn it on from the Wii Remote. 6. Press reset if it does not come on. 7. Hold down the power button to shut it off. 8. Turn it on again. If the above doesn't help then this might work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvCeku47XH4 The link is dead, though. So you'll have to google the files yourself. It's possible to mod the Wii to fix this, but I wouldn't recommend it. You could send it to a reputable repairman/technician in your area if none of this works. If they can't do anything then you could also call Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am - 7 pm Pacific, everyday) customer service number, or simply email them. I don't know of what other things you could try. Wiihacks might have something on this.
eattacosAMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 eattacosAMR
Member since 2006 • 435 Posts

My only possible option is to just get it repaired since I don't have the homebrew channel oh well.... I guess I'll just be playing my PS3 for now.....