Can you guys recommend me some OG DS games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

As the title says I'm looking at OG DS games I missed. After I realized I could finally play DQ9 I started looking around and there's some games I need to pick up. But all suggestions would be deeply appreciated. I'm willing to try out most games so even if you think the game is bizarre I'll probably give it a shot.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

You could try out Radiant Historia, it's a good RPG, though tbh i used a walkthrough to get through it.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bunchanumbers

@hydralisk86: huh never heard of it. I'll have to look it up. Did they ever release any Tales games on the DS?

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@hydralisk86: huh never heard of it. I'll have to look it up. Did they ever release any Tales games on the DS?

I don't know if they did, but i saw someone at school who was playing tales of innocence, but I'm not sure if it were for the DS or 3DS. I think he might have gotten it patched so he could play it translated.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Age of Empires: Age of Kings. You can get it cheap and it rocks.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I second Radiant Historia. Actually, here's just a list of games you should check out

The Zenithia Trilogy (Dragon quest IV, V, VI)

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy IV

Knights in the Nightmare

Pokemon games

Castlevania Trilogy (Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia)

New super Mario Bros, Super Mario 64 DS (should work much better on the 3ds)

Legend of Kage 2

Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light

Mega Man zero Collection

Super Scribblenauts

Zelda Spirit Tracks (don't listen to haters, it's a wonderful game and miles ahead of Phantom Hourglass)

Star Fox Command

Dementium 1/ 2 (2 is far, far better, but 1 is worth playing as a novelty since it's so cheap these days)

Theresia: dear Emile (text based puzzle driven horror adventure game and despite its flaws it tells a really terrific story and has a good atmosphere)

Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors (then play Virtue's Last Reward on 3ds!)

Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

Bionicle Heroes (believe it or not it's a really solid hand held FPS and looks damn pretty for the system)

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter

These are all just off the top of my head. I own even more games, but all of the above are really great (some better than others obviously) and should keep you busy for a very long time.

BTW TC are you able to download the extra quests on Dragon quest IX? That would suck if you couldn't. Oh and Tales of The Abyss is on the 3DS and it's great, definitely pick it up.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bunchanumbers

@turtlethetaffer: I haven't bought it yet. I'm still compiling a list of games (thanks for the suggestions btw) and will be looking to aquire games through second hand shops and various online methods. DQ4 is my favorite NES rpg so that'll definitely have to go on the list. When I get it I'll let you know what happens.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@turtlethetaffer: I haven't bought it yet. I'm still compiling a list of games (thanks for the suggestions btw) and will be looking to aquire games through second hand shops and various online methods. DQ4 is my favorite NES rpg so that'll definitely have to go on the list. When I get it I'll let you know what happens.

No problem, you're bound to find something you like especially if you like RPGs. There are also the Etrian Odyssye games (only one I've played was Untold on 3DS but it was great) and several different Shin Megami Tensei games which I hear are also great.