Can I put put my 3ds eshop balance on to my wiiu?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

young_link511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 young_link511
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
Topic
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I don't see anyway how to. I was hoping you could myself. It's stupid to have to buy funds separately for each.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

It would work if 3DS had the network accounts to begin with.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
No. But it should - would be nice if Nintendo actually used an account-based system for their products (hell, they even have Club Nintendo accounts which they could use as a base). It could work easily the way PSN accounts and balances work across the PSP/PS3/Vita.
meankilleR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 meankilleR
Member since 2002 • 9632 Posts
Nope I have 50 $ in limbo ugh guess I can buy 3ds game. This day and age this is outrageous.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

A few months ago a Nintendo customer service rep said that the 3DS and Wii U will be getting a unified eShop account system. We just don't know when exactly.

"A unified account system will be implemented later this year with the launch of the Wii U. Eventually this same account system will be made compatible with Nintendo 3DS systems. At this time we have no additional details to offer and nothing to indicate how or if this will work outside the United States and Canada. In the meantime, if the system has a problem, taking it to an Authorized Service Center will maintain the Nintendo eShop account. If the system is stolen, we can transfer the account to a new system once we are provided with a valid police report." -- NoC customer service member, David Marshall