Best RPG's current/upcoming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dogborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dogborn
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

So, I got my 3DS and need some solid RPG's. I have played most of the good DS and want something on this system just to be a cooler person. I know there is the Tals game (which i am highly considering having never played a tales game) and SMT Devil Survivor but I played that the first time around and although I enjoyed it I assume there are better games to play instead.

Also what can I expect RPG wise for 2013? Besides Pokemon X and Y :cool:

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Well I would say Paper Mario Sticker Star. That game is very enjoyable. :)

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

For me Tales Of The Abyss is the best on the system right now.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
the best rpg out is a downloadable game THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave its only 10$ and it has a lot of content and its a great old school turn based rpg, devil survivor is great game buts its a very lazy port, i haven't had a chance to play unchained blades or crimson shroud but i plan to at one point, as for best coming out i think its ether fire emblem they are always great games or Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers atlus always makes great games and this is the first time that soul hackers will be coming out of japan.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Shin Megami Tensei 4
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

For me Tales Of The Abyss is the best on the system right now.

bulby_g

I am probably like 7ish hours into ToA and so far I am not enjoying it as much as ToS and ToV. I also recently got Paper Mario Sticker Star, so I will try that out soon. THe best will be Bravely Default I think.

swaggplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 swaggplay
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I agree whit you :D Love mario
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
the best rpg out is a downloadable game THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave its only 10$ and it has a lot of content and its a great old school turn based rpg, devil survivor is great game buts its a very lazy port, i haven't had a chance to play unchained blades or crimson shroud but i plan to at one point, as for best coming out i think its ether fire emblem they are always great games or Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers atlus always makes great games and this is the first time that soul hackers will be coming out of japan. elbert_b_23
How is Devil Survivor a lazy port? Asking 'cause I'm very interested in buying it. From what I read it sounds excellent.
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Out Now:

Paper Mario

SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked

Tales of the Abyss

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Code of Princess

Unchained Blades (Eshop)

Upcoming:

Etrian Odyssey IV

Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers

Pokemon X/Y

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Fire Emblem Awakening

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Unannounced for NA/EU

Bravely Default

Monster Hunter 4

Shin Megami Tensei 4

Rune Factory 4

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D

Dragon Quest VII

Overall the 3DS looks just as good for RPGs as the DS did. A lot of good upcoming titles along with a solid selection up right now.

Dogborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dogborn

How was Code of Princess? I enjoy atlus games enough to be interested but havent heard many good things.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]the best rpg out is a downloadable game THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave its only 10$ and it has a lot of content and its a great old school turn based rpg, devil survivor is great game buts its a very lazy port, i haven't had a chance to play unchained blades or crimson shroud but i plan to at one point, as for best coming out i think its ether fire emblem they are always great games or Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers atlus always makes great games and this is the first time that soul hackers will be coming out of japan. Moloch121
How is Devil Survivor a lazy port? Asking 'cause I'm very interested in buying it. From what I read it sounds excellent.

sadly atlus just took the ds version of the game added in one more day to the story to give a few more hours of gameplay but without changing how the game is set up there is no 3d in it besides when fusing demons together, but its still a great game if you haven't played the ds version and it can be cheap out there.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

sadly atlus just took the ds version of the game added in one more day to the story to give a few more hours of gameplay but without changing how the game is set up there is no 3d in it besides when fusing demons together, but its still a great game if you haven't played the ds version and it can be cheap out there.elbert_b_23
The higher res and voice acting make it better. Overclocked is the way to go.

How was Code of Princess? I enjoy atlus games enough to be interested but havent heard many good things.

Dogborn

It's okay but the framerate drops are aggravating and it's practically unplayable online.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Bravely Default is the top one, but is Japan only

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Tales of the Abyss and Paper Mario are pretty awesome. Devil Survivor Overclocked I assume is great, but I've only played the original on the DS. Pokemon X/Y, Fire Emblem, and the new Shin Megami Tensei should all be quite stellar as well.

Dogborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dogborn

I think I am gonna go with Tales. I have Graces f I need to play too but hey maybe 2 Tales game will be good enough.

wraith-squad66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wraith-squad66
Member since 2008 • 1368 Posts

you can't go wrong with Devil Survivor Overclocked in my opinion... that game is just awesome. I also really enjoyed KH 3D but then again i am a KH fanboy so don't trust me. Code of Princess was entertaining but i felt like it got boring quickly, which isnt good for a game with major RPG elements. I've just recently started Paper Mario and i can tell its going to be a blast. :)

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Moloch121
[QUOTE="Moloch121"][QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]the best rpg out is a downloadable game THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave its only 10$ and it has a lot of content and its a great old school turn based rpg, devil survivor is great game buts its a very lazy port, i haven't had a chance to play unchained blades or crimson shroud but i plan to at one point, as for best coming out i think its ether fire emblem they are always great games or Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers atlus always makes great games and this is the first time that soul hackers will be coming out of japan. elbert_b_23

sadly atlus just took the ds version of the game added in one more day to the story to give a few more hours of gameplay but without changing how the game is set up there is no 3d in it besides when fusing demons together, but its still a great game if you haven't played the ds version and it can be cheap out there.

Eh I can deal with that since I never played the game before and it has full voice acting which is always nice.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Fire Emblem Awakening is coming out this February.

But I would also recommand Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Paper Mario Sticker Star, & Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 loosingENDS

I would sell my soul to Bill Gates for the above games, none of them is coming to US for now though

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I would sell my soul to Bill Gates for the above games, none of them is coming to US for now though

loosingENDS

Bill Gates has nothing to do with those games:|. Sell it to SE or Reggie :P.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

NaveedLife

Bill Gates has nothing to do with those games:|. Sell it to SE or Reggie :P.

Never :) !!!!

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Moloch121

The first game is Shin Megami Tensei IV btw.

Shin_megami_tensei_IV_JAP.jpg

Fire-Emblem-Awakening.jpg

eo4_boxart_notfinal_promoon.jpg

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Fire-Emblem-Awakening.jpg

eo4_boxart_notfinal_promoon.jpg

Moloch121

Was just about to mention these two. Pre-ordered them today and hopefully will get there early enough both days to get the promotional art books :D.

ausmmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ausmmo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Pokemon look to be updating their game and it looks like a decent update! Changing the whole dynamic by making it really 3d